Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TPT from Humber Bridge to ferry port?
  • ton

is the tpt from humber bridge to the ferry port all rideable?
    on touring bikes.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m pretty sure it’s all road isn’t it? The TPT goes a weird way through Hull, I think it’s a bit of a detour to get to the ferry (it finishes in Hornsea which is a fair bit further north).

You could actually do it virtually all offroad, but there’s a bit that can be slightly muddy in winter and there are some steps to navigate which would be a pain with laden bikes.

When are you planning on riding it?

ton

When are you planning on riding it?

Friday. I have ridden it to the bridge, but never after there.
    on os maps it looks like you can follow the river most of the way.

flyingmonkeycorps

Ah nuts, if it’d been in a couple of weeks I’d have come and guided you!

Yeah you can do it along the river, that’s the way I’d go. Just follow the Wolds Way from the bridge (it’s footpath but I used to ride it all the time when I worked near there) – the bit that’s really close to the A63 can get muddy, but it should be ok at the moment. There are some steps through the docks as you walk along the roofs of the buildings, but nothing too onerous. You also might get held up by the lock gates, so allow plenty of time.

There are some lovely pubs around the Marina – the Minerva is a bit more traditional, then there are loads of more trendy places (and good places to eat) around Humber Street, just before you get to The Deep.

From The Deep just stick to the river again, it’s all pretty straightforward. It might’ve changed a bit when you get towards Alexandra Dock as there’s a massive new(ish) Siemens wind turbine factory, but it should be pretty well signed from memory (I was last down there last year I think).

I didn’t realise all that section was the TPT, and I’ve lived here most of my life. Have a good one!

ton

cheers mate. I will follow the river as close as I can.

flyingmonkeycorps

Nice one.

Oh – there’s a bit just after Hessle Haven, you go up onto a road with a bunch of car dealerships on it and the map goes between a couple down to the river. If you struggle to find the gap OR the path by the river is really bad you can follow the road up a bit further around the junction and there’re steps down. I’ve not been that way for a while so it might be fine. The next section is the only bit that might be a bit sloppy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TPT from Humber Bridge to ferry port?’ is closed to new replies.