Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Touring tyres 29er
  • RichT

Sorry for another tyre question!
    I’m after some tyres for my Karate Monkey for touring on roads, canal tow paths forest roads etc.
    Any recommendations?
    Also, there are a variety of Vee Rubber tyres on CRC v. cheap. Does anyone have any experience of these?]
    Thanks

wicki
    Free Member

I put the 47c ones of these on my inbred heavey but comfortable and no flats

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fr/en/continental-tour-ride-road-bike-tyre/rp-prod18835

bigbloke
    Free Member

Interested in this. Want to commute up an old 29 er. What size tyre am I looking at to fit is it 700c?.

scotroutes

700c and 29er are the same diameter. 29er might be expected to be a wider rim though there is no defining line.

I’ve used 1.75″ Marathon Mondials for a mix of surfaces, including some decent off-roading and would happily recommend them.

frood
    Free Member

I commute on a set of Schwalbe Big Apples – ample grip, lots of comfort, not much extra rolling resistance. Marathons are available too but are heavier and less supple

RichT

Thanks guys.

mcj78
    Free Member

I got a couple of pairs of these (in black) when PX were doing the folding ones cheap & they’ve been great – no discernable difference drag wise between these @ 35c and my old 28c Rubinos over my 20mile commute and they’re extremely comfy – if brown’s your bag they’re only £10 per end however there’s not much of a tread pattern on them for slightly off-road usage.

Edit – The folders were under 400g, not sure if these are the same but they’re almost half the weight of similar touring tyres.

Vittoria Voyager

Basil

Super Moto 2.35 set up tubeless.
    Excellent rolling resistance,comfortable and no punctures.

jeffl

Had the Vittoria Voyager tyres on my road bike. Liked them a lot but swapped out to Marathon +’s after getting a puncture a week in the autumn. Marathon’s are slower, heavier and not as supple, but they do appear to be bomb proof.

Previously used the Marathon’s on an inbred 29’er for doing the sustrans C2C route. They’re fine for light off roading but rubbish in proper mud.

scotroutes

The Mondials have significantly more tread than a standard Marathon. Still not a mud tyre though but you have to compromise somewhere.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Touring tyres 29er’ is closed to new replies.