• This topic has 51 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • too scared or too old to learn
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’m wondering if I spoke to you… What bike?

pukenroof
    Free Member

good thread this, well I’m not giving up the ghost just yet (or nukeproof in my case).

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

cycling home passed a school with a lone rider jumping up on to BBQ table. Great skills he must have been 8 – 10 years old. I cycled humbly on knowing not matter what improvements I make I will never be that good. For some stuff you need to be young again ha ha Drop offs are my limit.

benjii19
    Free Member

I’m wondering if I spoke to you… What bike?

Blue Ragley Mmm Bop, tall skinny bloke

dans160
    Free Member

I’m 41, this is me.

[video]http://vimeo.com/58935576[/video]

I’ll hopefully be there riding the same stuff tonight.

I went in a course with Jedi. It changes everything. That and finding a great spot and a bunch of like minded folk who are willing to help and encourage and laugh at you when you are curled up in pain. That, believe it or not, also helps.

I started out in my ‘trail’ bike (okay a Intense Slopestyle 1) before getting a big bike. That also helps.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Hmm. Not sure. I go up there regularly. If you want towing into anything or want to borrow a bike for bigger stuff let me know and we can hook up

benjii19
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer but I’ll try and do the smaller stuff first 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

What do you call the smaller stuff? You won’t do anything riding on your own tbf

benjii19
    Free Member

sounds like fighting talk, I may be up there after work. With knee pads and flats if I don’t sit down with a cuppa and nod off. Maybe see you there..I know a couple going down on Sunday for the mates race

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Im uplift at Bringewood so wont be there

Did you go up? I still want to know what you call big?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Get the basics like dropping off small steps and being able to do a proper bunny hop first. Then you have the skills to give you confidence to go to the next level.

jedi

love watching you guys progress 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘too scared or too old to learn’ is closed to new replies.