Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tonight’s Esoteric Music Thread. Who’s Like This?
  • colournoise

Digging myself a Peatbog Faeries hole at the moment – love the mix of trad Scots stuff and electronica but finding some of their stuff a little too ‘polite’ at times.

Does the fount of all musical knowledge that is STW know of other artists that I might want to check out in a similar vein.

The opening track of Blackhouse is the kind of stuff I’m after. Folktronica I guess? So far only really got Alt-J on my list and I knew about them already.

somafunk
    ajantom

Caribou.
    Four Tet.
    Beta Band.
    Some Bat for lashes.
    Leafcutter John.

burntembers

Shooglenifty – A Whisky Kiss ?

Possibly not really what you are looking for, but I think of this as an example of modernish Scottish folk music 🙂

Arab Strap – The First Big Weekend

There’s even some remixes!

scaredypants

(haven’t used it for ages, but this used to largely do what it was suppsed to)
    https://www.music-map.com/peatbog+faeries

p7eaven
    Free Member

Sounds like Irish folk music with some synth swooshes. I recommend getting all manner of Irish Folk Music, also a synthesizer app, and then jamming over the top with swooshes! (mrs P says ‘it’s like Riverdance combined with electronic sounds)

Afro Celt Sound System? It’s going back a bit

Have you discovered celtic folktrance?? Or celtic spacefolk? I’m guessing. Quite far from my general cup of mushroom tea, but I’ll have a look later. Hark? Is that the

Gong? (Wanders off into the gloaming im search of electric cheese…)

EDIT: late in, another house vote:

The Charlie Daniel’s Band – The Devil Went Down To Georgia’?

Maybe give that a wobble?

Or some folky techno-polka!

(Some of the youtube comments are hilarious, but I quite like the music too. No fish? – no foul, no socks? – no shoes!)

colournoise

Already a fan of the Afro Celts and Imagined Village, and familiar with a few of the other suggestion already too.

What I have in my head is the energy of folk punk but with electronica elements… Maybe I’ve just gone a niche too far and will have to bust my synths and software out of retirement and try my own hand at it.

p7eaven
    Free Member

^ Sounds like a plan. There must be hours of 90’s celtic punk out there just begging for a remix

CountZero

How about Wardruna?

Or perhaps The Hu?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tonight’s Esoteric Music Thread. Who’s Like This?’ is closed to new replies.