Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Today’s “Right thing?” question (I think I know the answer already….)
  • Smee
    Free Member

Not trolling. Just amused by the ridiculous double standards in this place.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ernie, I am well aware. I just wanted a pithy insult in place before switching to “Full ignore” mode. 😉

sc-xc

careful Cap’n….people have been reported to the mods for less.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Had a lovely Upmann in the garden earlier this evening…..

Nice. I had a Benson and Hedges on me balcony this afternoon. 😀

It gets worse, with the revelation it was a bloke that spat at a woman, who was probbly less likely to do anything. What a coward.

No, sorry; I really think Flashy acted in a morally justifiable manner. Sod this ‘turn the other cheek’ bollocks. You’d only get spat on that side an’ all.

Although I can’t of course, condone illegal activity.

Bad, bad Flashy!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just amused by the ridiculous double standards in this place.

😯

Tell me it’s not just me… please?

julianwilson
    Free Member

perhaps the bloke in the zoo knew glupton/smee’s lad too?

Smee
    Free Member

Perhaps folk on here interpreted what glupton/smee said in the worst possible way – just because of the picture they have of him based on what they write on an internet forum.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Flash – ignore Smee, he’s trolling.

Why would it be trolling to disagree with OP? I don’t agree with the OP’s actions but given all the testerone, back slapping and swear filter avoidance on this thread, I doubt voicing a negative response to OP actions is worth it 😐

RepacK
    Free Member

Ernie.

Nothing, thats what I would have done, it wasnt my fight to pick. Plus do we know what the cyclist did to provoke the guy? Theres 2 side to every story.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

do we know what the cyclist did to provoke the guy?

She rode quietly down the King’s Road in Chelsea in the spring sunshine.

Terrible provocation, I’m sure you’ll agree.

FFS….

singletrackmind

Is Glupton now talking about himself in the third person?
    *sighs*
    As for the Captain, well done Sir.
    Recriprical actions for the twunt in the motor, defending the lady in questions honor. I hope she was in position to see and admire your act of retribution.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why would it be trolling to disagree with OP?

It isn’t.

But I know when Smee/Glupton is trolling.

Nothing, thats what I would have done

That’s what I suspected.

Smee
    Free Member

So the answer to my question would appear to be a resounding no. My, what a nice guy you are.

ernie_lynch – you think you know when i’m trolling. You dont and never will.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Got to say, although I’ve never met CFH, I’ve never really thought, based on his postings, that he’s in any way the violent type. More like me really; calm, peaceful, benign. He don’t strike me as a potential throat-slitter, or bowel gouger.

So, I’m imagining that his response was probbly the strongest he’d be prepared to make, and completely proportionate, to be honest.

Bloke got what was coming to him. He’ll survive…

RepacK
    Free Member

Flash..

Chill out.

We only have your word, thats only 1 side of the story, FACT. Im not disputing your version just wondering what might have gone before (if anything). If thats a problem for you then may I suggest you never do Jury Duty.

Smee
    Free Member

Rudeboy – going by that same logic – what action do you think I would have taken?

julianwilson
    Free Member

alas the zoo thread was on the old forum. But iirc the point was that smee/glupton used some ambiguous language (‘put him on his arse’) and everyone thought he sparked this stranger out for doing some kind of slow-mo “nooooooo” run from 20 yards away to rescue his child who had fallen over. Next to his own dad. (Glupton, that is.)

So what point are you trying to prove here smee? Flashy has been rather more explicit in his account of what happened than the original post in the zoo thread was, and lots of people aggree that it was a good thing.
    You got everyone all hot under the collar and then told them you didn’t actually hit the bloke and then everyone was cross with you cos they all felt betrayed that you had let them think this for a bit.
    I think if you had told the story in clearer and unambiguous language most people would have supported you in the natural parental reaction of ‘oi, get away from my child, you wierdo’. That they didn’t is because they all felt a bit wound up.

And anyway, how did you know the zoo bloke didn’t know your kid? Plenty of people that i haven’t know my 2 and 4 year old via school/nursery. It’s no more fair for me to ask you that than it is to ask it to CFH.

fwiw i think spitting on a cyclist is waaaaay more wrong than your (admittedly irritating) touring cyclist the other day.

(edit)…and if Smee had done the same thing in the same circumstances and reported it the same way i would be chapeau-ing him too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What might have gone before? I was following her down the King’s Road. It was sunny. She caught up with the car, riding in a bike lane, so it was from the passenger side that some **** spat at her.

may I suggest you never do Jury Duty.

You may, but you would be totally wrong to suggest that.

timdrayton
    Free Member

was it duffy?

“its gotta be meeeeeeeee”

hawk and spittttttttttttt

there and two sides to every story

RepacK
    Free Member

Ok, fair enough but gee you sure bit when all I did was wonder what she might have done to provoke the attack!

Riding in London is tough I know & I understand we all get hot under the collar but I still think you were wrong & need to chill a little. Next time you do something like that the guy might stop, grab a wrench (or the like) & attack you..Its happened, trust me.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

was it duffy?

Who, the spitter or the spitee?

Can’t imagine the golden-haried Welsh Songstress gobbing a big greenie on anyone, somehow.

Mind, she could be a right coarse and vulgar cow.

Lily Allen might gob on someone. And I reckon Amy Whinehorse deffo would. She probbly has. Skanky.

nukeproof
    Free Member

It isn’t. But I know when Smee/Glupton is trolling.

Really? Yes I’m aware of Smee/Glupton/zoo thread but nice to see benefit of doubt around here.

Clearly the consensus is CFH’s actions were the right ones. OP starts a thread entitled “Right thing?” question implying some form of debate; failed to see much here and now its just ended in the usual debacle based on quality of forum reputation. 🙄

timdrayton
    Free Member

apologies, assumed everyone was watching a replay of dancing on ice from last week which included that duffy advert….

it ocurred that a good dousing with spittle might be acceptable in certain circumstances:

Imagine the scene,

You have been forced to watch the Duffy advert with her riding around on a fixie, your in laws present and at their most annoying, Duffies squawking on like Nora Batty with a nerve disorder…..

Then on the drive home, out of the blue, she appears next to your car, and the windows open, on her fixie……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Clearly the consensus is CFH’s actions were the right ones.

The general consensus is that the good Captain is a perfect gentleman – a bit like Roger Moore really. And everyone knows that even 007 sometimes needs to dish out a bit of punishment.

On the other hand, everyone knows that Smee is a [edit]

Smee
    Free Member

The general consensus in the UK before the war in Iraq was that they had weapons of mass destruction. Consensus isn’t everything.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Consensus isn’t everything.

Phew ! Lucky for you then ….

Smee
    Free Member

The ability to form your own opinions is a great thing. Many people on here would do good to try it sometime. Sadly too many of you are like sheep and just follow the crowd.

druidh
    Free Member

FWIW, I think CFH was right out of order.

(a) because if it was wrong/disgusting for the first case, it doesn’t then make it right in the second.
    (b) this won’t teach anyone a lesson and is more likely to result in an escalation of the issue. For all we know, there’s a thread on http://www.chavcarworld.com about having been spat on and then knocking a cyclist off their bike.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Now, Smee; you do actually have a fair point to make on this, I have to say. And indeed, as I know only too well, a reputation can sometimes work against you.

Spitting is a vile and disgusting thing to do. CFH’s actions were praps not quite ‘right’ in a legal sense, and possibly counter-productive. And it was not the most sensible or level-headed thing to do.

BUT.

What CFH did (in defence of the honour of a lady; very commendable) was not really much worse than pouring the contents of his Camelback over the bloke, or squirting him with a water bottle, really. Ok, so the spitting thing adds an element of unpleasantness, but the bloke is hardly likely to suffer from some terrible ailment, as a result.

The legally correct thing to do, would to have taken the number of the car down, and report the matter to the police. Who would, even with witnesses, find it difficult to do very much, really. Easy enough to track down the driver, but as it was the passenger who spat at the lady, tracking them down, and charging them, let alone bringing a successful prosecution against them, would be damn near impossible, I’d reckon. And a bloody waste of time and resources, tbh.

So, Flashy reacted on the spot, and dished out a bit of proportional retribution.

I don’t think any right-minded person would say that what he did was all that bad, really. And it seems most who’ve expressed an opinion on here, would say that Flashy acted in a perfectly reasonable manner.

Maybe if we just think this through, then it’s not so bad.

Certainly nowt worth getting our knickers in a twist about.

Smee
    Free Member

Rudeboy – No. Spitting at a stranger is disgusting and well out of order. CFH did exactly what the first guy did – they spat at a complete stranger.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ha Ha ….. RudeBoy tried to have a sensible discussion with Smee 😀

BTW, thanks for the pic of a pair of knickers Rudey. I’ve always wondered what knickers looked like – sort of women I knock around with never seem to have any 😯

nukeproof
    Free Member

Rudeboy – No. Spitting at a stranger is disgusting and well out of order. CFH did exactly what the first guy did – they spat at a complete stranger.

IMHO RB did put up a fair reasoned post in defensive of OPs actions there and you’re going to have to do better than that rather simplistic one liner as a retort!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

😯

Smee
    Free Member

Nukeproof – Why?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ernie; I woon’t associate with any young lady who ventured out without any pants on. It’s just not seemly. Or dignified. You need to stop associating with such young ladies, and find some that are more respectable and have some sense of decorum.

No pants indeed; s’just not right, that…

crikey
    Free Member

Fredly, you need to start associating with such ladies, it’s your civic duty and it might improve your spelling.

nukeproof
    Free Member

Nukeproof – Why?

Oh I don’t know…maybe I just hoped for better?

Smee
    Free Member

Better than what?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

GTFU

Smee
    Free Member

racing_ralph – I would suggest that it is you that needs to grow up.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Today’s “Right thing?” question (I think I know the answer already….)’ is closed to new replies.