Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Today’s “Right thing?” question (I think I know the answer already….)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sunshine, blue skies and a cheery outlook on the day took me for a gentle bimble along the river for a spot of lunch in Barnes.

On the way out through Chelsea, in slow moving traffic, some utter, utter **** spat out of his car window at a cyclist a little way ahead of me. Not spitting out of the car for no reason (which is disgusting enough, anyway), but a deliberate, targetted spit at a cyclist.

So, I sucked up a nice large mouthful from the Camelback and delivered it at full stream through the ****’s car window all over him, before riding off nonchalantly.

So, did I do the right thing? I think so….

😀

cranberry
    Free Member

One good turn deserves another.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Superb!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

(Bows down to One Greater Than He…)

Did you do the right thing?

The RIGHT thing…?

I can’t, of course, condone such vile and disgusting behaviour, but…

…had I been there , oh, how I wooduv laughed!

Nice one! S’only a bit of water, and it won’t hurt him, but a perfectly fitting bit of retribution, that. Speshly as it came from a completely different person!

Flashy, I salute you!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Top effort.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Flash; I will gladly buy you a pint, for that one! You name the place and time, and I’ll rustle me pennies together!

sc-xc

Very very good.

julianwilson
    Free Member

chapeau!

ton

i would have done the same, then twatted him 😉

Moses

Well done, definitely the right thing to do.

earl_brutus

good skills

MrNutt
    Free Member

heh heh, who said that London isn’t a friendly sharing place! 😆

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

what did the driver do??

2 wrongs do make a right

julianwilson
    Free Member

what did the driver do??

He realised he had been ‘sprayed’ by the elusive CaptainFlasheart and proclaimed “I will never wash my face again!”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL !

I read the thread title as : Today’s “Right Wing?” question.

Good for you for flushing out the low-life Flash 8)

Smee
    Free Member

You see if glupton had started this thread the replies would have been along the lines of “you ****, that is one more driver out to kill a cyclist – nice one ****.”

You did the wrong thing.

sc-xc

get over yourself. ^

RepacK
    Free Member

Not sure about this one Flash – seems a little out of order. What did he do to you?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Repack; the **** deliberately spat on someone for no reason. Flashy found that abhorrent and offensive. Therefore, the **** offended Flashy.

I’d imagine it was quite a heat of the moment thing. As I said, I doubt the **** suffered much. Granted, I doubt it willendear him to other cyclists, , but Flashy can’t be to blame for that really, as a **** like that already has issues. What kind of low-life gobs at someone for no reason?

Smee; Glupton would have put the bloke on his arse, obviously… 🙄 😉

Flashy was a bit naughty, but he did the ‘right’ thing, imo.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He did nothing to me, personally, but to another cyclist. A cyclist out enjoying the lovely spring sunshine.

oneoneoneone, I have no idea. As mentioned above, I rode away nonchalantly!

Oh, and PMSL @ julianwilson!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What did he do to you?

Nice attitude.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Well done, Captain. You have a pint on me on 29/03 at the ride.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nicely done – another pint from me if you’re ever in the area!

RepacK
    Free Member

Oh I understand why he did it completely but isnt he now just as bad as the ****? Isnt he being a bit of a **** himself? As you said “What kind of low-life gobs at someone for no reason?” (sorry Flash not saying your a lowlife Im sure you are a fine upstanding type of chap :wink:) I see plenty of things each day that offend me but I dont go around gobbing/punching folk for it.

Plus that **** (who already has a low opinion of cyclists) is now really going to dislike us – next time he might take someone out! No Im afraid Flash has got this one wrong I think.

One of the things I cant stand is inconsiderate folk. Whether they be other road users, smelly people on the tube or walkers who believe in the Poo Fairy.

trailmonkey

I bet it was Evian wasn’t it ?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Smee – Member

You see if glupton had started this thread the replies would have been along the lines of “you ****, that is one more driver out to kill a cyclist – nice one ****.”

lol

Almost certainly that would have happened.

I suppose what is funny for me is the small volume of spittle on unsuspecting cyclist is met with much larger volume of whatever it is CFH has in his camelbak (Pimms or something probably) immediately afterwards. It would have been less funnny if there was some delay in proceedings (driver may have even forgotten all about his misdemeanour after a while), and not funny at all if the ‘punishment’ had been different or more aggressive ie being yelled at, punched or car damaged. It is the timing and nature of the ‘response’ that makes it funny and hopefully a little more embarrassing and (humble non-violent) thought-provoking for the driver.

BTW, everyone that remembers the wonder that was glupton does know you are both the same person, you know…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

See what yer saying, repack, but I still feel Flashy did the right thing. The **** did something really nasty to someone else, which angered Flashy, so he soaked the bloke. Far better than punching him , or owt else violent.

Too much nasty, anti-social behaviour goes unchallenged. If I see something I don’t like, I’ll react in my own way. Sod what other people think, sometimes, **** need a taste of their own medicine. If that makes me ‘as bad as them’, well, so be it.

Well done, Flashy!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hildon, of course. 😉

Repack, I see your point, but I rather disagree. Anyone who spits at a cyclist is hardly someone with any sort of high regard for our two wheeled brethren. My actions will have done little to have changed what masquerades as a mind in the head of such a semi-evolved simian.

RepacK
    Free Member

Flash & Rude: dont want to fall out over this. I think it was wrong but its done & yeah you are probably right – the ape did deserve it but it wouldnt have been my course of action 😉

Smee
    Free Member

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. Wrong thing to do.

How do you know that they didn’t know each other?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

OK, fair enough.

Knowing me, I suspect I may have reacted in a slightly less thoughtful way, I’m sad to say.

But instead of the **** driving off thinking ‘yeah, I’m the daddy, **** poncy cyclists’, or whatever, he drove of thinking ‘oh dear, I appear to be somewhat wet, and I’ve been made to look rather silly, by a posh bloke with a penchant for fine cigars and Foie Gras. What a silly billy I am!’

Hopefully.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smee, it’s London. It’s huge. Massive, in fact.

Had she known him, she might have laughed. She might have smiled. Though why anyone who knew each other would spit at each other is beyond me.

She looked disgusted and rode away. I suspect they were not acquainted.

a posh bloke with a penchant for fine cigars and Foie Gras

Had a lovely Upmann in the garden earlier this evening….. 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

And which part of that means that you are sure they didn’t know each other?

Question for you – do you know why the person spat at the cyclist?

colnagokid

Well done Captain!
    Hopefully the tosser thinks twice aboutdoing it again, some a’hole threw a can of coke at me and my mates last weekend, luckily it missed

jonb
    Free Member

Shame you didn’t have a bottle of Badoit in your bottle cage. Might have been able to knock some respect into him. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but it wouldnt have been my course of action

So what would have your course of action been RepacK ?

Call the police maybe ? After all spitting at someone is considered to be ‘assault’.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smee, are you a bit simple?

Smee
    Free Member

No, but you would appear to be. What, with admitting to assault on a public forum. Doh!!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Flash – ignore Smee, he’s trolling.

sc-xc

Smee – Member

No, but you would appear to be. What, with admitting to assault on a public forum. Doh!!!

So you’re admitting you made up the zoo story? Interesting.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Today’s “Right thing?” question (I think I know the answer already….)’ is closed to new replies.