Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Today I went on a skills course
  • dannybgoode

And it was dead good. Just covering the basics but exactly what I needed. Feel I may actually be able to ride my bike a bit without the pure terror I used to feel.

I know its been said before but it is definitely the best £60 I’ve spent on my bike – if you have been umming and ahhing about doing one I would highly recommend finding a good ‘un and getting signed up!

Cheers

Danny B

flyingmonkeycorps

Was it A Line? I’m going with them soon, need to give them a call!

dannybgoode

Yes it was FMC – JJ is a top bloke. Very able to verbalise techniques etc and does good demo’s.

Which course you doing?

flyingmonkeycorps

Excellent! Not sure yet, that’s why I need to give him a call – I *think* the Intermediate 1.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Where was this? I’m doing 10 under the ben this year so am making the effort to be on the bike more to get fit but would like to improve skills wise also and have been thinking of doing something like this for a while. Thanks.

thepodge
    Free Member

where as I was disappointed with my skills course, worst 80 quid I’ve spent.

number18
    Free Member

I did one with Ed Oxley in August and it was great, we learnt loads and enjoyed the day.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I think they are very much worth doing but I think it is important to get the right one for you.

Will be going on one to improve my jumping in Feb really looking forward to it.

flyingmonkeycorps

Aline are based near Sheffield, which is dead handy for me.

dannybgoode

I think as well as doing one that covers the areas you are looking to improve you need a coach who can verbalise the technical aspects of what is being shown as well as do a visual demonstration.

They need to be able to break down the small things that happen almost subconsciously and explain how they build up to the technique as a whole – this is something that JJ could do very well.

As per FMC – Aline are Sheffield based and depending on what is on the course the riding is at Greno Woods, Bole Hill BMX track and Parkwood Springs.

The Fundamentals course was perfect for me as it was exactly that – the basic building blocks you need to advance your riding. The core skills that if learnt well will serve you for the rest of your riding days…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Today I went on a skills course’ is closed to new replies.