Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • To Tinker or not to Tinker…
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Upsides, downsides?

Still not sure about these bars…

But the sun, beer, nuts and lazy afternoon were never regretted.

On the flipside, tried hanging some used bouncey fork upgrades onto the SS the other (rainy) day in a rush and decided to do it in the hall. Results are in: Black greasey circle on the carpet, borked headset, different brake mount adapter required. Now no SS as dumped whole sorry unfinished deal in a piss, in a shed.

So, do you reckon you are you winning or losing, up or down on the whole tinkering thing? I remember happier days riding with bikes that I kept as they were from new or custom built. That was back in the days before tinkering.

ton

I will swap you them for a brand new pair of 750mm flat bars.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I will swap you them for a brand new pair of 750mm flat bars.

Kind offer, but have some carbon straights (with worn Ergon hornlets) that it came with. Seem to remember enjoying them more!

Dickyboy

It drives me freeking mad, def much happier with my first mtb as it came from the shop, then 16yrs later I discovered this place & ebay 😒

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

then 16yrs later I discovered this place & ebay

Similar. First ATB was perfect, absolutely perfect. It did everything I wanted it to and I loved every component even the nylon Exage brake levers. They were warm, and worked! Then, as things wore out, I replaced them with shorter, longer, radder, purpler, lower manner of stuff as seen in MBUK. Eventually realising that my ATB was now a heap of nothing it set out to be, and not at all why I bought it. All that time and cash could have been spent on train tickets, new bearings, decent luggage and brake blocks. Or else on a hardtail stablemate 😬

But tinkering is deep zen fun a lot of the time. And beer and nuts. Think may try keep the tinker screwed down to accessories

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

just swipe right till somebody responds….oh Tinker.
    As you were.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘To Tinker or not to Tinker…’ is closed to new replies.