Viewing 38 posts - 361 through 398 (of 398 total)
  • Tinder, my thoughts…
  • wiggles
    Free Member

In general I have had mostly the same experience either dont reply at all, or maybe one or two then nothing…

Then out on the few that have talked to me most were boring and cant hold a conversation. This is why I like this girl because we can sit and chat and it just seems normal…

Ive been on dates where I wanted to shoot myself because of how awkward the silences were and you just end up saying anything to break them

tdog
    Free Member

It has been known that when I turned up once at a pof specials’ flat once that she stated woulda been nice if you brought a bottle of wine then shouted  upstairs to a gf to chuck her down some rubbers.

can you imagine what happened as she was a real munter barmaid type.

I nearly shat myself but instead left a stink in her flat MUHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t have made that mess up if I tried.

wiggles
    Free Member

That sounds hilarious 😂

Just random musings as I can’t sleep but I’ve realised something after this experience of being single again…

I know I’m not good looking and I’m fat… but 100% of the time I’ve actually managed to get the attention of a girl and actually liked them enough when I’ve met them to put in some effort they have always liked me back (sometimes too much…)  because I’m a decent guy and I’m pretty fun and only one (albeit the longest one) of my relationships ended badly

So although it feels a bit shit to get rejected constantly based on your looks I have realised I must be ok apart from that at least so I think I should give myself a bit more credit than I do.

Probably the same applies for lots of you, not saying you are ugly 😆just sometimes we are too hard on ourselves.

If things don’t work out this time then eventually I’ll find someone else just with my face it takes a while…

Poopscoop

wiggles

I’ll find someone else just with my face it takes a while…

How? Swiping right with your nose ? 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

nah, think lower down 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

Also…

Tinder review update – I have now decided it is literally the best thing ever invented

jonnyboi

You say that now, but just wait until you find out she’s still active on it.

wiggles
    Free Member

At this point thats ok… I think more sex this week than I did last year 😂

wiggles
    Free Member

Can’t edit for some reason…  should say ” I think I’ve had more…”

zokes
    Free Member

🤯

wiggles
    Free Member

Though last year wasn’t much a record…

I’m not sure on “number of times” but if it is “total amount of time” this week definitely wins

zokes
    Free Member

Ever heard of TMI?

wiggles
    Free Member

Nah this thread is all about oversharing

Of both good and bad experiences

DezB
    Free Member

Good on yer wiggles!

Can’t help to think back to being your age when it was all about pubs and night clubs, getting phone numbers and working hard for it… funny how times change.

lba287
    Free Member

Tinder can legitimately work, a mate of mine is married to a guy she met on there (met years ago though). From what I understand, the app has kind of digressed a bit now. A bit more “avante-guarde” haha.. Another friend used it to find a newgirlfriend, he was just super up-front about everything, like what he wanted (an actual relationship) and eventually got found someone. Maybe it can still take time to find the right person, a bit like in the olden days…

organic355
    Free Member

IMO Tinder works. After separating from my wife, I met my current Girlfriend on there. Hot Canadian Yoga Teacher. Couldnt be happier. Been together over a year now.

wiggles
    Free Member

Glad to hear there are stories where it all worked out well.

I’m not getting my hopes up about anything this early on but either way it’s a hell of a lot better than doing nothing and just being alone, I don’t have the time to go out and meet people in the “conventional” way pretty much at this moment in time I’m a single dad with kids with me 24/7 apart from when my parents have them which is half a day or maybe overnight on the weekend.

tdog
    Free Member

Well Wiggles, sounds like you’re getting in on it! (Thumbs up)

My safe option is not picking up the phone but txts and seems weird moody one a bit at times.

she wanted to meet from the start so I pretty much dropped all contact with others and now feel she’s being dicking me about.

dunno? I might treat her to a coffee AT my lbs! Actually now I just typed that, that can be her punishment for going all pussy on me on the phone. ;D

wiggles
    Free Member

Start as you mean to go on 😉

Cougar

Some handy Tinder tips here, guys!

http://straightwhiteboystexting.org/

wiggles
    Free Member

Stupid edit doesn’t work, but my start as you mean to go on comment was about your lbs coffee date idea just to be clear

DezB
    Free Member

Cougar

Some handy Tinder tips here, guys!

http://straightwhiteboystexting.org/

That is hilarious! Great site 😆

tdog
    Free Member

No no, I got it straight away Wiggle bud! 🙂

philjunior
    Free Member

Well, I had a nice date with a lovely lady the other Sunday 🙂 Not the same result as Wiggles, but seeing her again Thursday, hopefully I’ll get less nerves on the way this time!
    She really puts me at ease though so thursday will be fun either way! 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Glad to here it Phil,

That has been the best/most surprising thing was how at ease I feel with this girl so I know  how much of a good thing that is! sometimes it just feels like being at a job interview on a first date…

Hope things go well thursday

Cougar

That is hilarious! Great site 😆

it’s both hilarious and thoroughly depressing.  I deny completely being on page 176 of reading it.

It’s no wonder a few of our number are finding success, the key to standing out from the rest appears to be “don’t be a complete douche-canoe.”

markgraylish
    Free Member

Well boys, what’s the latest? You must have plenty of stories to share with us now!

(And there really isn’t much else happening on STW at the moment…)

wiggles
    Free Member

yeah this place has died…

Unfortunately I’ve been boring and still seeing the same girl so no new stories currently

markgraylish
    Free Member

“boring”!
    Geddit! 😉

Cougar

still seeing the same girl so no new stories currently

You should show her this thread, that’d soon rectify that.

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds like you may well have found “the one”! Well done wiggles, that’s what it’s all about eh? 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Woah don’t go saying that…

Im only just getting into the phase where everything is going well and I usually **** it up 😂

Poopscoop

I bring thee back to life!

I compel it!

Finally decided to start “dating” and went on my first one yesterday.

Nice enough lady,likes her drink (I couldn’t, still on low carb diet) in a social way, (!) quite attractive and a little vulnerable… for understandable reasons I won’t go into.

Not someone that deserves any mind games for sure.

She asked me what I am looking for on Tinder… I had a thought…. then replied “to be surprised.”

Will keep in touch I think but have another date next Tuesday which I have told her about.

Nothing to hide after all and like I said, not playing mind games with her or anyone else.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>How goes it with all of you?</span>

Wiggles…..? Do I need to buy a hat? 😉

Poopscoop

Another resurrection.

That second date mentioned above…

On my second date, almost 2 years back now, I met a rather intriguing, singular lady.

Within about an hour we had told each other all the “bad” stuff some might say is called baggage these days.

She is complex, troubled by her past life and where she is at present, truth be told. She perhaps feels an outsider in life and thinks she is invisible to some.

I took to get immediately.

Been going out with her for 2 years now, in a couple of weeks.

I love that she doesn’t see my many flaws as, well, flaws. She also thinks that she is the “hard work” one of the two of us, which she genuinely isn’t.

She indulges me rambling on about bikes and how important it is that I ride the SDW without crashing out again. Even seeming interested when I ramble on about some of the fantastic threads and people in this mystical place called “that biking forum I go on.”

She worries me, amazes me, wears me out, sometimes emotionally, sometimes physically and has made me cry more than once…. not even for bad reasons. It scares me to think of life without her. An exquisite pain I thought I’d grown out of many years ago

The following is stolen from a great movie but relevant, “she makes me want to be a better man.”

How are the rest of you intrepid adventures getting on?

cr500dom
    Free Member

First time I`ve seen this thread ad read it right through !!
    Thankfully I`m happily settled because Id have no idea how this online dating thing works, but clearly it does for many 😉
    cheers for a very entertaining read

PrinceJohn

Met my partner on Tinder.
    She’d recently bought a road bike but had no idea where to ride it, we went out cycling on our 3rd date.
    It was the longest bike ride she’d ever been on at the time (16 miles) & at the start of the ride she didn’t know how gears worked…

She saw the light & about a month later bought a mountain bike – we are now living together (er me & her, not the bike. The bike lives with us as well, but it has a small shed) & couldn’t be happier.

tdog
    Free Member

That’s great news poopy, if only I found my true true soulmate love

Will update later on tonight all going well

Loads has happened which I’ll leave you guessing hmmmmkay

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Met my partner on Tinder.
    She’d recently bought a road bike but had no idea where to ride it, we went out cycling on our 3rd date.
    It was the longest bike ride she’d ever been on at the time (16 miles) & at the start of the ride she didn’t know how gears worked…

She saw the light & about a month later bought a mountain bike – we are now living together (er me & her, not the bike. The bike lives with us as well, but it has a small shed) & couldn’t be happier.

What a good do !!!

Viewing 38 posts - 361 through 398 (of 398 total)

The topic ‘Tinder, my thoughts…’ is closed to new replies.