Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Time Pedals vs Spesh Shoes
  • Shandy
    Free Member

I’m recovering from a knee injury (ACL) and I need some pedals which have a good degree of float and can be set so that I can unclip quickly without wrenching my bad knee.

From previous chat on here I think Time are probably the pedals to go for?

Has anybody had any difficutly with Specialized shoes and Time Pedals?

Cheers!

jfeb
    Free Member

I had to cut away a very small amount of rubber tread from around the front of the cleat on my Specialized shoes, which I gather is quite common with any shoes. Not a big deal at all though

HeatherBash
    Free Member

No, none.

Times have loads of float but then you need to twist more to release so might not be best option for unclipping quickly.

If you are looking at Times the new Look pedals are very similar in design

Shandy
    Free Member

Thanks!

I’ve got those hard soled shoes with the serrated grips up the sides so they shouldn’t foul the pedal. Twisting out is ok as long as its smooth, before the op I was using an old pair of Shimanos that are past their best and can be a bit hit and miss for releasing.

The-Beard

Times have loads of float but then you need to twist more to release so might not be best option for unclipping quickly.

Nonsense, just as easy to get in and out of as any other pedal if not more so. I have been using them for a while and never had a problem. Used them with Spesh shoes too just fine. Great if you ride in filthy UK mud a lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Time Pedals vs Spesh Shoes’ is closed to new replies.