Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tiling a kitchen floor …Rough cost?
  • J273
    Free Member

Hi all,

Ive just fitted a new kitchen myself, was planning on tiling it myself but now ive decided to get a pro to do it.

Ive no idea on how much id be looking it. Ive purchased the tiles (600 x300). Floor is 6qm and ive purchased 7sqm which should be plenty.

Has anyone any idea what id be looking at roughly labour including adhesive and grout with me just supplying the tiles?

Thanks

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

roughly £35-40/m2 without seeing the state of the floor at present or the tile selection.

leffeboy

Depends a bit on the pattern and the state 9f the floor. When we had ours done we had one quote that was much higher than the rest because they said the floor wasn’t level enough and had to be ground flat.  We didn’t go with them but it turned out they were right as one door is difficult to open. Price isn’t everything but blazin saddles is about right in my memory

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

for a bit of reference I am a Tiler.

phil5556

Whoever you go with make sure they do it properly, especially if it’s over a wooden floor.

I’ve got to lift and re lay our kitchen floor because it’s all moved and cracked 🙄😞

jim25

Minimum£40 a metre for a good job. More depending on shape of room, amount of prepped needed to existing floor.

Is it it a solid concrete/screed or timber floor?

J273
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Ive got a few guys coming to quote me tomorrow and now have a rough idea what to expect. I’ve taken the existing floor up and it’s not too bad, it’s solid concrete just needs tidying up in places.

J273
    Free Member

Just coming back to this. I had a tiler come and tile my kitchen floor today. And tbh im not that happy with it. Maybe im being picky but from these pics would you guys be happy with these?

There’s 3-4 mm height difference between a fair few of the tiles, is this acceptable?

Thanks

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Joints are way off as well? That looks pretty pretty bad to me.

nickjb
    Free Member

If I’d done that myself I’d be a bit disappointed but probably live with it. If I paid a pro then I’d be somewhat annoyed

rene59
    Free Member

No, that’s shoddy.

redmex
    Free Member

Wear baffies at all times to save big toe nail delamination, in the tilers defence you asked for cost of rough tiling to kitchen floor, big tiles floor not 100% flat

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

He asked for a rough cost for tiling, not the cost for a rough job!

I’d not be happy with that, big tiles or not, a pro tiler should be able to get within flat or near as dammit with proper prep and laying techniques. also the joints look big, I generally lay 600x600mm tiles to 2mm joints.

Building regs state a flat floor is +/- 2mm over a metre. no excuse for lipping tiles though.

freespace
    Free Member

I don’t normally post, but I wouldn’t be happy if I’d done that. I’ve done 32m2 of slate flooring myself recently and my levels are closer than that with an uneven finish to the slate. Although it probably took me a lot lot longer.

oldtennisshoes

Wear baffies at all times

One of my favourite Scottish words 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tiling a kitchen floor …Rough cost?’ is closed to new replies.