Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ti Stooge build on a budget
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Built this up for a mate, after looking around for a while couldn’t find much that would suit. Cost about £1150 all in – Ti Stooge frame, Toseek carbon fork, Alfine/Pro 2 wheels, XT brakes and Cranks. Quite pleased with it, didn’t actually want to hand it over 🙁

bonzodog
    Free Member

£1150 with a ti frame. Bargain!

tall_martin

Build me a bike Mr!

Anna-B
    Free Member

looks like you had a little go on it before you handed it over. hope you cleaned those tyres off. Let me guess……. no 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I do like a Stooge……but does that look a bit steep? I’m used to seeing them with quite a bit of offset in the fork. Slightly longer than trendy stem and inline post isn’t helping. Could just be the pic though.

davros

Toeverlap. Agree it looks odd without the mega offset fork.

ajantom

Toeverlap. Agree it looks odd without the mega offset fork.

Isn’t that only on the Mk4?
    Thought 1-3 had straight forks?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, personally would have preferred more offset and a slightly longer fork, but beggars can’t be choosers and forks were less than £90. Rider lives in Essex so build brief was XC biased. It’s a 75mm stem so not massively long. Original plan was for it to be SS and in at under £1k, but the Alfine came up and we agreed that gearing for him to get to his local trails would come in handy.

Anna, I have ridden it briefly but wasn’t ready in time for a proper ride 🙁 Probably a good thing, I’d no doubt have binned it and destroyed something.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Not sure on the offset, think this was designed around 42 and those forks are 39. I think it’s a 2016 or 2017 frame.

davros

Apologies, I’m no stooge expert! Just remember the crazy forks. Bet it rides nice. I’ve run my ti 29er with a carbon fork and it was great. So light and zippy.

tazzymtb

stooges 1-3 are 55mm offset. mk4 is 80mm. with a 38mm offset fork the handling may be a bit “quirky”

legometeorology
    Free Member

Looks very cool, I guess that’s the Ti frame I was tempted to buy from ebay not so long ago.

I agree about the forks though. If the handling does happen to be weird, some One On Bootzipper forks could work, cheap as, 55mm offset, a bit shorter than the 470 a-c the frame is designed for (Bootzipper are 440), but the Bootzipper forks are tapered so an external bottom headset cup would add 13mm or so and mitigate that.

(Stealth ad: I’ll actually have some Bootzipper for sale by next weekend and would happily let them go for £40)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ti Stooge build on a budget’ is closed to new replies.