Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thule Velospace XT – Any users?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looking at purchasing Thule Velospace XT in the near future and wondered if there was any real world feedback on them? Most likely I’ll go for the 939 model to cary 3 bikes.

Any niggles or issues to report?

Akers

Yeah, I bought an XT 3 in the summer. Only used it a few times so far, but it seems to work well enough. Not had 3 full size bikes on it yet, but it worked well enough with 2 modern Trail/Enduro bikes an a kids bike. Feels like a bit of a Chinese puzzle getting them all secure initially, but you soon get the hang of it after loading it a couple of times.

leffeboy

Don’t have that model, have the VeloCompact which is very similar except that it squishes together a bit which means you can get it in the back of the car.   Depends on whether or not that is useful to you but we’ve liked it when my wife drops me somewhere as you can then take the rack off, sling it in the car and then all the car’s reversing and blind spot sensors work again which is nice.  Other than that they look very close.  It’s a bit tight fitting for modern boost bikes if you also have bikes with racks designed to go over disk brakes which are that bit wider as well.  It can be done by I normally have a small bag of insulating foam in the car as well to stop everything rubbing.

Oh, and if your boot opens on your key then you also want foam on the upright part to stop it chipping when you open the boot before tilting.  It’s nice to imagine that you would never do something so stupid 🙂

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks guys. One of the big attractions of the XT is that apparently it’s ‘better’ for longer wheelbase and wider modern bikes and ebikes- I’ve found other racks starting to be in the short/narrow category!

Tracey

We bought one in October with the fourth bike attachment to take over from our old trusty Thule one to give a bit more room for 29ers and Ebikes. Only used it once, Its as sturdy and well built as you would expect of Thule. Loads of room but a bit more of a faff fitting the bikes.
    Bought a Tourneo Custom, Black Friday deal, so won’t be used much as the bikes will all go inside.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks @Tracey – good to know that there is genuinely more room as that one of the main attractions! I’ll actually be using mine of the back of a camper van as only 1 bike fits inside if people want to be inside too….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thule Velospace XT – Any users?’ is closed to new replies.