Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thule footpack compatibility
  • 40mpg

Just changed cars and now have flush rails rather than upstanding ones, so need to change the feet for my Thule bars and bike racks. Looks like £130 for the fitting kit!

The slot interface between bars and feet looks similar to other manufacturers. Has anyone tried cross compatibility? Others feet packs are quite a bit cheaper. I mean What’s the worst that could happen 😳

FB-ATB

What fitting kit/foot pack do you need? I’ve got 2 sets left from changing cars- I’m sure others on the forum will have kits lying around.

40mpg

It’s a 753 plus a 4006 apparently. The old one for raised rails was all-in-one but seems a bit mix and match for flush rails

GrahamS

Looks like £130 for the fitting kit!

Yikes! I was just complaining about having to pay £160 for Thule bars, clamps and feet because my C-Max doesn’t have any roof rails. Looks like it doesn’t actually make much difference.

Have you compared prices on https://www.roofbox.co.uk/ and https://www.roofracks.co.uk/ ?

FB-ATB

I’ll have a check what I’ve got. When I changed cars, I was able to part ex either the foot pack or fitting kit and never got round to trying to sell what I was left with.

FB-ATB

The fitting kits I have spare are 3104 and 4053.

matt_outandabout

I think we have a 753 pack spare in the shed…

Edit: they are 753 and fitting kit for a Galaxy. No locks (you can transfer over what you have to keep the key). pm me.

winston
    Free Member

So you spent 30k plus on an XC60 with its many many safety features and you are now complaining about £130 to keep everybody else safe from your load coming off the roof at 70mph? Not to mention destroying several thousand pounds of bikes etc……….sorry but everytime I hear this it really winds me up.

Flush rails are a nightmare as each has a slightly different cross section and thats why thule spend a lot of time and energy crash testing various designs and why there are 80-90 different 4000 series fitting kits. Yes a crappy generic footpack from paddys garage will look like it fits….no it won’t actually. Any reputable rack manufacturer will not be any cheaper than Thule and basically won’t be as good so you might as well buy the real thing. As for your old footpack, they are quite sought after second hand (assume its a 757) and should be good for £40 to defray the cost as there are lots of raised rail cars out there – they are the best system for load carrying and manufacturers should have just kept them…but obvs asthetics are more important to most people.

mrmoofo

^ he / she makes a very good point ….

GrahamS

each has a slightly different cross section… they are the best system for load carrying and manufacturers should have just kept them…

It is blimmin annoying that these things (like so many others) don’t seem to be even slightly standardised across the car industry. Even if they just stuck to two or three standards it would be a whole lot easier, but no. Screw you, give us more money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thule footpack compatibility’ is closed to new replies.