Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thule 100090 Tour rack who uses one/two on a F/S bike?
  • Royston
    Free Member

Looking at purchasing two of these for some back country bimbling anybody out there using them and how have you got on with them? Does it slip when attached to the front fork? does the seatpost foul your stuff on the rear tray when the suspension compresses? many thanks

philjunior
    Free Member

I’m guessing not many people use them. Look to me like they’d be a lot more limiting for handling than strapping things to the bars/seatpost, which with a small rucksack should be able to hold all your kit.

Basically if you strap them to the fork lowers and swingarm, all your luggage is unsprung mass meaning the suspension won’t work so well and you’ll be at increased risk of pinch punctures. I’d consider a rear one on a hardtail or both on a rigid bike if I didn’t have rack mounts.

Worst case, also, you’re putting a bending load around the middle of a tube that would generally only be taking compression (on the rear). That could end badly.

hatter

I commuted with one for a few years when I had a CX bike with no rack mounts, worked perfectly,. never rattled or came loose, didn’t mark the frame.

Now use it occasionally when I want a rack on the front of one of my MTB’s.

They’re a bit porky but super solid if installed properly, the quality is top notch and if you want to fit panniers to a train bike they’re pretty much the only game in town.

Haven’t heard of them damaging anything but I would be careful about putting them on anything super light and carbon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thule 100090 Tour rack who uses one/two on a F/S bike?’ is closed to new replies.