Home Forums Chat Forum Three home broadband

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Three home broadband
  • smogmonster

Ive ditched Sky today (had the whole shebang with them) so on the hunt for a new (internet only) provider – i like the idea of Three’s Unlimited home broadband service via 4G as its only £22 per month and has no rip off land line charge. I also know that Three can be a bit iffy service wise, as they all can i suppose. Anyone out use this service? What are your experiences of it..good, bad, indifferent?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We have had it for 2 years in rented rural ish accommodation.

Price has come down quite a lot since we first got it.

We get about 20mbps download. However on Fridays and Saturdays it gets much slower (assume when most people in the area are using 4g).

Watching more than 1 programme at a time on different devices can also cause it to stall

We have not used the router as s hub for other devices ie central heating etc so can’t comment on that.

I am sure in some areas it will work. When we move in to our house next week we are going back to Sky Fibre.

breadcrumb

I sacked off the landline in my favour of EE 4gee home broadband.

3 weren’t offering unlimited and I’m unsure how good a signal 3 has at our house.

scruff9252

I’ve been with three for around a decade now, if not longer & I have had nothing but excellent customer service. Their call centre is in India, so if youre someone who gets irritated dealing with that, then perhaps not for you. Otherwise great.

roadworrier

Used it when we moved house, between connections.

The local mobile signal was weak and resulted in pretty poor usability.

Make sure you do a dry run before signing up.

Also worth mentioning that the wireless signal in the house was less good and less advanced than most domestic routers we’d had.

It was just about good enough as a stop gap, but couldn’t have lived with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Three home broadband’ is closed to new replies.