Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Three Girls on BBC last night
  • the-muffin-man

Did anyone watch it last night?

And if so, should I, as a father of a 14 year old daughter see it and make her see it too?

I’ve recorded it, but I’m not sure I can stomach it.

ton

watched it. didn’t enjoy it.

tinybits
    Free Member

yes you should see it. It was well done and horrifying due to the truth of what happened. No you shouldn’t ‘make her watch it’ as a lesson. maybe if she’s interested however although there’s some pretty upsetting scenes…. I guess it depends on whether you can actually talk to her about it as well. I’d hope to be able to talk to my daughter, but who knows (she’s 6 atm)

cheers_drive

Came in from my ride and my wife was watching it. It wasn’t graphic in the abuse but it was sickening seeing what utter evil &*^&%$ the perpetrators were and how the authorities did nothing. Felt sick watching it.
    If my daughter was 14 I’d let her watch it although I’m not sure I would make her. She may not be at risk in the way the the Rochdale girls but the behaviours of some older boyfriends of some teenager boys has some similarities.

tewit
    Free Member

I thought that the writers had the social workers down to a tee.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I watched it, I thought it was well made and told the story without any over dramatisation. Did I enjoy it, mmm not sure anyone was supposed to. It wasn’t easy to watch.

Guess it depends on your relationship with your daughter whether you watch it together or not. I have a son, so can’t comment but it could be quite awkward

cheers_drive

I thought that the writers had the social workers down to a tee.

Mrs CD is a social worker, she was angry about the social workers, or do you mean all social workers are like that?

tewit
    Free Member

Mrs CD is a social worker, she was angry about the social workers, or do you mean all social workers are like that?

Sadly the majority of the ones we have to deal with are, it feels. We have foster kids so get through quite a few social workers. There’s quite a high turnover and good ones end up working in the office.
    Only today I had the wife on the phone fuming about the current one.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just watched the first one. Christ almighty, as the father of a 15 year old little lady it was a brutal watch. Superbly done, and the BBC should be continually proud of turning out stuff like that.

jimmy

I’ve watched the first two, was touch viewing. Especially with my niece going through tough time with her dad right now (shes 14 on Sunday).

tewit
    Free Member

Well that had me welling up. Not to mention the anger with Peaks character constantly trying to get someone to do something.
    It still goes on.

wrecker
    Free Member

Dreadful episode. How can humans hold other humans in such low regard? Depressing.
    Digressing, but hasn’t Paul Kaye come a long way from Dennis Pennis? He’s a proper actor now.

cheers_drive

I only realised tonight that Amber’s mum was played by Lisa Rielly.
    Glad I watched it but it wasnt easy, now feel angry and sad.

totalshell

not just a telly programme.. it was very real and obvious to anyone living in rochdale.. gangs of young girls hanging around taxi offices and takeaways. less familiar sight today but certainly not uncommon. i ve a 14and 11 yr old girls and i confront these issues head on no room for misinterpretation. the 14 yr old shared with me a whats app conversation from 2 of her 14 year old friends at 4am on a sunday morning as they were dropped off at a 24hr mcdonalds..WTF 14..4am sunday morning.. and these kids come from stable family backgrounds.. what chance do those less fortunate stand.

tewit
    Free Member

what chance do those less fortunate stand.

Absolutely sod all chance.

andy7t2
    Free Member

There’s better ways to teach you’re kids about use check out ceop Madoff internet matters and PACE websites for info and age appropriate activities, its all about teaching them healthy relationships, scare tactics are proven not to work

cubist
    Free Member

Having just watched all 3 episodes I can’t say I enjoyed watching that. It was brilliantly acted and told in a very powerful manner.

I can’t believe that in the 21st century there were so many inexcusable failings for those children by so many organisations. How can things be that unfit for purpose. Even during the court case those poor girls were subjected to cross examination by 9 seperate defense barristers. The crime is sickening but the treatment by those employed to protect those girls is disgraceful.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve only just got round to watching this series. First episode I found very disturbing. The second I thought there was some hope. At the conclusion I felt angry and sick at the same time, mainly as Cubist stated that those who supposed to protect the vulnerable didn’t. The police, CPS, councils and social workers that ignored the abuse were just as bad as the abusers.

If you’ve not seen it yet then I highly recommend you do. Not an easy thing to watch but something to be experienced.

bigdaddy

I watched it last night – was recommended to as I do some work around fostering and it’s rather timely. Let’s just say it’s very real and not just historic. Absolutely heart breaking, and made me so angry. Amazing TV though, so well acted by everyone. So much good work is done around CSE and safeguarding, but are still people that mess it up and taint all the great dedicated professionals… It’s a hard area to work in.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Somewhat off topic but we had the first dates programme on in the background last night. The actual woman who was sara was on and talking to her date about the whole affair. Still (and rightly so) very sad and bitter about the whole affair.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Three Girls on BBC last night’ is closed to new replies.