Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Threaded bottom bracket recommendations
  • Wally

Several years ago I bought a chrisking off here. It’s finally worn out. Well the Outer race no longer snaps as well onto new bearings and pops out quite easily . So I guess it’s a fubared.

What should I replace it with?
    Shimano and change every 6 months or a more expensive one I can regrease. ( quite like the latter)But what one?

Who wants a ChrisKing regrease tool?

Wally.

scotroutes

Shimano and change every 6 months years

Works for me

Fat-boy-fat

Why not Chris King again? The inner race on one of mine pops out too easily but it is still working fantastically otherwise. Just got to be careful when regreasing.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve done the CK thing, the Hope thing, the Shimano thing, and a few others in between, and… I’m back to being a Shimano man these days. Sounds empty and modern and a bit uncool but everything dies in the end, and it just doesn’t hurt with Shimano.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Cane Creek Hellbender?

I’m trialling a push fit one in my Enduro and my LBS say I’m the Hannibal Lectuer of serial Bearing Killers

lunge

Hope is my default answer, but in truth Shimano ones last fine, way longer than they used too, and they’re cheap too.

reinswood
    Free Member

Shimano all day long

milfordvet
    Free Member

Royce.

Bought one 25 years ago. Its still perfect in my titanium 26’er. Doesn’t leave the house much though these days. They were £100 back then. He fitted it for free, as he was local we went direct to him. £210 now. Well you did ask. Whole thing is titanium. He makes ’em in an industrial unit with proper machines in New Milton, Hampshire. Its all about engineering tolerances. Say ‘Royce’ to a trackie and watch their eyes widen…

richardkennerley

There’s a Praxis Works one in the classifieds 😜

reeksy

I like the Shimano 2-year guarantee from CRC, works like BOGOF deal. When my cheap Saint BB wore out after 1 year they sent a new one.

qwerty
    Free Member

Shimano XTR BB is the only XTR i own, lasts me a number of years on the MTB.

You could also try contacting Saddleback (CK importer) and explain the situation and they may be able to help out with a service / repair / replace parts. CK push the eco angle of their production, so to keep a product going would sit well with that also.

andybrad

i would purchase the same one as your cranks require. So shimano for ht and sram for gxp etc. grease it and treat it as disposable

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Threaded bottom bracket recommendations’ is closed to new replies.