Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)
  • THREAD FOR VENTING ABOUT THE WEATHER
  • anono

I know we had a fairly good spring, and its the UK, and the summer is never guaranteed to be great, but seriously WTF!!!!!!

Please add your rants below.

jekkyl

all the trails which were drying out nicely and were dusty at some points will now be trashed to **** ery

weeksy

I have Zwift, it’s inside outside… 😉

Alphabet

Sorry it’s my fault. I bought a new lawnmower and sun lounger 3 weeks ago. They are both still in their wrappings in the shed.

Houns

It’s spoiling the cricket

Sadly after last summer and a dry winter we need a good bout of rain, the trees have really been suffering

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Umbrellas seem the new fashion item in Banking Land..

☔️👎👎👎

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think I’ve had possibly the coldest wettest commuting of the year this month.

We need the rain (most of the trails which were drying up here have seemingly been dry since September unless it’s actually been raining, you could see things dying out visibly as soon as it stopped even in January.)

What we don’t need is single bloody digit temperatures in June.

sharkattack

I’m in Sheffield. It started raining some time last week and hasn’t even stopped for breath until just now.

I’ve sank back into hibernation and carried on taking vitamin D. Ice cream and Netflix every night. Even the new bike parts coming in the post can’t motivate me to ride.

faustus

It is unseasonably cold, but not going to complain about the rain, it is so needed. As heavy as it has felt, in the South East it has only amounted to 60% of the historic average for June, and it’s doubtful it will get to near 100%. After a dry summer and winter, water resources are in a fairly precarious state in many places. This rain won’t do much if anything to replenish supplies, but it stops the crazy water use associated with hot weather (sprinklers, paddling pools).

hardtailonly

Meh. Just weather innit. We have been spoiled with such a dry summer last year and then a dry winter. And it’s a bit galling that the dry dusty trails of Feb, March, April & May are reduced to slip. But it’s not been too bad here (Leeds).

Am avoiding the MTB until it dries up a bit. And also not taking the Pickenflick into work. But actually enjoying the racked & ‘guarded SSCX commuter for a change …

As others have said, we need the rain.

Next week looks like the weather will perk up. It better be dry(ish) the last week in June as I have my first bike-packing trip planned!

pocpoc
    Free Member

Normally I’d let it slide, but our Spaniel has managed to cut her paw pad last week just before the weather turned. It’s all bandaged up, but said bandage can not get wet so everytime she needs to go outside we have to bag it up. And we can’t leave the back door open so she can’t go in and out freely. It’s a third world problem, but it’s annoying me!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m certainly fed up of it, but it’s not too bad really. Not here anyway, constant drizzle more than torrential for the most part.

I do admit to looking at my Met Office app and hoping for some nice weather on the horizon… it’s crap till next Wednesday at the mo.

nedrapier

Pretty standard June, isn’t it? May’s usually great, sometimes April too, then June’s rainy, then it gets nice again some time in July, August, September or October, depending on the year.

Some of our trails were starting to fall apart in the dry, so rain was needed. Probably had enough now, though!

ingloorious
    Free Member

Wet

scotroutes

No doubt about the fact it’s seriously crap at the moment, but there are various areas in the Highlands and Islands that have been on water conservation measures for some months.

martinhutch

Payback for April, May and June of last year. Remember them?

jimdubleyou

It’s a third world problem

Pretty sure this is a first world problem. 🙂

Kingston Upon Thames will soon be Kingston Under Thames…

Just hoping it dries up in Scotland at the end of June…

binners

Sorry guys. I hold my hands up. In a moment of stupidity, I put my fast rolling summer tyres on a few weeks ago.

I know… I know…. I should have known better

Sorry

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m confused, I haven’t taken off my front mudguard. usually that signifies lots of rain.

In the south coast central I think we’ve had countless showers over the last week, a few of the timid variety, mostly absolutely biblical levels of rain.

Safe to say, the trails are now wrecked for a while.

Drac

It’s raining it does that.

epicyclo

houns

It’s spoiling the cricket

So at least there’s an upside to the weather. 🙂

matt_outandabout

As someone with two DofE groups crossing two Cairngorm rivers over the next three days, I’m taking careful note of all the forecasts.

*Hits f5 again*

pocpoc
    Free Member

Pretty sure this is a first world problem. 🙂

Yep. That would be more accurate. Too late to edit now though!

Northwind

I always say that autumn is the season the UK’s best at- we don’t do proper cold snowy winters or warm sunny summers, spring just sort of hangs about for a while, but we’ve got autumn absolutely nailed.

Just, not in June please.

escrs
    Free Member

It’s the UK, chuck on some waterproofs and go have some fun (bike or non bike related fun)

Took my boy to the park earlier in the rain, he loved it, got soaked through on the slide etc.. came home nice hot bath and had lunch, he has asked to do it again tomorrow if it rains

jimmy

It’s needed, I’ve been wishing for some proper sustained rain for a while, sorry.
    Went for a run in it last night. Bloody awesome it was. Piss wet through in a minute, slapping through muddy trails and puddles. Brilliant.

jimdubleyou

On the plus side, the brown patch of grass under our olive tree has gone green again.

joemmo
    Free Member

much better a bit of rain than things on fire like last year.
    Might get my lad out on bike this weekend to get properly filthy.

vincienup
    Free Member

According to long range forecasts, while you can basically tell when I’m not working for the rest of June because it’ll be raining, things should pick up for July and August… 🙄

Hope no-one invested too heavily in summer tyres!

slowoldman

It’s because I’ve just retired. It’s going to rain every day now, not just at weekends.

bikebouy
    Free Member

To those of you who say “it’s well needed” ..

I say..

It ain’t, it’s boring and stops most folk from “doing stuff” outside.

And it makes my hair all frizzy, and I hate that.

grimep
    Free Member

I’m just about to embark on a family weekend to the Devon coast. I’m sure it will be worth the 4 hour drive. Will be hiring bikes for a family ride and the kids will bloody well enjoy it or else. Almost looking forward to Monday and the office

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got a month off work, finished last thursday. And took the mudguards off my road bike on Sunday.

Friday it rained, Sataurday was mediocre, Sunday was mediocre, monday rained, tuesday rained, wednesday was mediocre, thursday it’s rained (although only rain, no actual danger of flooding today).

I’ve just ordered some winter tyres for my hardtail, hopefully this should appease things somewhat.

P-Jay
    Free Member

According to long range forecasts, while you can basically tell when I’m not working for the rest of June because it’ll be raining, things should pick up for July and August… 🙄

I’ve been fooled before by “long range forecasts” they’re 90% ‘seasonal averages’ and 10% actual data. Back in 2012 when it rained every day between May and Sept, the good weather was always 10-14 days away, but it never came.

According to Liam Dutton next week the jet stream will move a little further north, so it will be a bit warmer and a bit dryer, but no more than that. There are no other indications of any “BBQ Weather” at the moment.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve been fooled before by “long range forecasts” they’re 90% ‘seasonal averages’ and 10% actual data. Back in 2012 when it rained every day between May and Sept, the good weather was always 10-14 days away, but it never came.

According to Liam Dutton next week the jet stream will move a little further north, so it will be a bit warmer and a bit dryer, but no more than that. There are no other indications of any “BBQ Weather” at the moment.

fasthaggis

“There’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing” 😉

bikebouy’s hair

frizz

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pretty standard June, isn’t it?

Not really, parts of the UK has had a months worth of rain in the last few days.

Temps aren’t too bad, Low 9c-10c, high 14c-16c which is within the ave for June, but the rain and wind aren’t standard.

(temps for Cardiff, where I live)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Weather has been good here, trails are on lovely dry nick! 💪🏻

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘THREAD FOR VENTING ABOUT THE WEATHER’ is closed to new replies.