Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Those two kids killed in Canada…
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

… by a snake. There’s something not right about that. I could understand one being killed by a snake, but not two.

camo16
    Free Member

Well, I heard it was a pretty big snake.

bradley
    Free Member

Big or not snakes are very much wild animals, not even close to domesticated. Snake would have killed Child A and attempted to eat the child. If the snake is as big as everyone’s making out, it would’ve managed to eat a small child with difficulty, and this would’ve rendered the snake pretty useless for another feed/attack.

Snakes aren’t known for random attacks either. They attack with purpose, to feed, as otherwise uses energy etc.

When chap at work mentioned it I immediately said it was the parents. I have 3 snakes capable of killing both my children, but they’re locked in their tanks like most responsible owners do. Definitely something odd with this case…

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmmm…

Me and Madame crikey were just saying exactly the same thing, snakes kill things to eat them, and snakes don’t kill multiple things at the same time.

Something not right about the story…

sweepy
    Free Member

Im no snake genius but I thought they killed something, swallowed it whole then did **** all while it digested, does seem odd it killing the second kid.

Edit. slow fingers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t it now being reported as an “alleged” snake attack with a criminal investigation having been launched?

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, I heard it was a pretty big snake.

Another mystery solved.

camo16
    Free Member

I also do private detection work, no job too small.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it too early for puns?

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably, but don’t let us constrict you. Just let rip, and we’ll let you know when we’ve adder nuff.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Arse, nicked my first one. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

If you have to asp……..

IGMC

bradley
    Free Member

Absolutely correct regards doing sweet F.A after feeding. I don’t see any of my snakes for 3 days after feeding.

How often on discovery channel have you ever seen a snake attack, kill and attack and kill again. Another point is in order for this ‘100lbs/45kg’ rock python to have killed either child, it would have had to constrict around the children’s throat as a minimum to asphyxiate, naturally though snakes will ‘strike’ bite and attempt to constrict up around as much of the prey item as possible. A big snake like this would take 2 adult men to over power so it’s more than capable to kill a child but the initial bite would have woken child A and subsequent screaming would have woken child B who wasn’t being attacked…c’mon guys lol.

It’ll be interesting if a feeding record comes out for the snake (most shops here in the UK hold feeding records for each snake) having fed in the last 48hrs, that will seal it for me.

spacemonkey

Supposedly they were very close (brothers) so maybe they were physically in close proximity to one another. Perhaps that explains why a big old snake took them on at the same time?

bradley
    Free Member

Not likely to happen. I’ve had to feed 2 prey items to one of my snakes before and it bites, constricts, ‘kills’ and eats the first prey item before moving onto the next. African rock pythons have heat pits on their nose/face like all pythons and are very apt at detecting heat sources, would’ve picked up on both children.

I’m happy to be proven wrong but I seriously doubt this is down to the snake. 45kg falling through the roof, having to move both children to kill them (under the throat). It’s out of character anyway.

timc
    Free Member

what kind of weirdo keeps such a snake anyway?

user-removed
    Free Member

Look up ^^^ ?

user-removed
    Free Member

😉

maccruiskeen

what kind of weirdo keeps such a snake anyway?

I have 3 snakes capable of killing both my children, but they’re locked in their tanks like most responsible owners do

The same kind of weirdo who keeps his children locked in tanks. Frankly thats irresponsible. Imagine how much damage a kid could do with a tank.

bradley
    Free Member

Genius 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t want to ruin it for you, but

Police believe the python slithered out of its enclosure in a pet store and got into the ventilation system through a grille that opened directly into the beast’s terrarium.
    From there it slithered upstairs to an apartment owned by the pet store’s manager, dropped through a broken pipe and — police believe — choked the children

ah.. but then

The python that strangled two young brothers in Canada had been kept in the pet store owner’s apartment where the boys were sleeping and not with the other animals in the shop below, authorities have revealed

Anyway it’s horrible. Stop making jokes you bastards.

FuzzyWuzzy

It does all sound a bit suspicious but given the kids were on a sleep over they could have been in the same bed and maybe one reacted as the other was being strangled and the snake defensively coiled around him to. I’m no snake expert but I seen a fair few Discovery programs with two people handling big constrictors and they’re often trying to coil around both people, if their head’s immobilised I imagine it’s pretty instinctive for them if they feel trapped.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Those two kids killed in Canada…’ is closed to new replies.