Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Those 'England' flags on cars
  • cheers_drive

I saw a Bentley with those flags on the other day – even on a footballer’s Bentley I wouldn’t expect that!
    To be fair most of the cars I see them on are family cars and I’m sure the kids love getting into the spirit.

My wide is Danish and most Danes have a flag pole in their garden and Danish flags are in abundance at all birthday parties, graduations etc.. Doesn’t appear to be right wing at all but invert the flag to be the St Georges cross and suddenly it’s all far right and something to be embarrassed of, strange.

cynic-al
    Free Member

INRA TS but did anyone see the tv programme in which they drove a whote Nova around Glasgow with one?

It got trashed every time it was parked 😛

stoffel
    Free Member

Didn’t see that, but I have seen quite a few trashed Glaswegians.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

IMO the only cars with flags on should be heads of state, not dickheads from estates 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Has anyone mentioned those who flaunt their patriotism by cheering for England in public venues such as pubs ?

Quite disgraceful imo. A quiet demeanor and look of eager expectation is all that is required.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

True, but miserable. What are your views on Guy Fawkes night?

Nothing to do with it, people don’t festoon their cars with cheap plastic tat that falls off and litters the countryside for Bonfire Night.
    I would guess that you’re OK with people tossing their food wrappers, plastic bottles, etc out of their car windows as well?

I feel it has everything to do with it. It’s a show of patriotism, a national event that brings people together. It is, dare I say it, fun, (for most involved)

Inevitably these events have a downside or two, one of which is litter, as you have mentioned.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

It’s a shame the England games aren’t on at either 8am or 5pm. Commuting on the road bike would be a pleasure with so many folks watching the game instead of driving about.

Last World Cup England played at least two (I think) of their games at tea time. I was commuting around the M60/M62 for my job at the time and to hit the M60 and have it virtually empty at 5pm on a week night was absolutely brilliant.

binners

My house….

You lot are so judgmental 😥

footflaps

He’s just knocked about 25% of the value of his neighbours houses!

D0NK

My wide is Danish and most Danes have a flag pole in their garden and Danish flags are in abundance at all birthday parties, graduations etc..

That sounds more like patriotism, cheap tat flags on your car only when england play a major football tournament? like I said doesn’t really sound that patriotic. The rest of the time old georgey boy’s cross is mostly only used by the edl and chums.

fasthaggis

Is that Greggs wrappers on the top windowsill ?

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Those 'England' flags on cars’ is closed to new replies.