Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Those DX lights…again
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Anyone running them as they came out of the box, and not opened them to check for swarf or dodgy connections or whatever?

Not THAT technically minded but if there's something I should check as priority or a simple "check this, clean this, tweak this" I'm more than happy to have a bash.

That said, if people are running them out of the box and had no issues, I won't bother!

DezB
    Free Member

Have you actually got your hands on it, or is it on order?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

LOL…. It's on order. But I'm a lot closer to where they are sent from than you guys. (He says, in the hope that this will mean a miraculous delivery time!).

Just received a ti seatpost and clamp from Taiwan in 8 days so here's hoping!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Dez, mine arrived today. 1 day under 5 weeks from ordering. It's a LOT better made than I thought it would be, too. 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Initial impressions Pete? Charged up yet?

DezB
    Free Member

My order is for a mate. Trust me to recommend something that takes months to arrive!
    Order status is now "Temporary out of Stock". Arse!

AndyP
    Free Member

aye, fine right out of the box.

If anyone has a spare standard mount laccy band thingummy for theirs, could you give me a shout pls – mine's gone walkies and the OS one is a bit mobile… 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Initial impressions Pete? Charged up yet?

The battery is charged, I need to get a UK adaptor on my way home (Hope Maplins have them)

I'm actually very impressed by the quality of the light itself. No rough edges, all metal constuction, nice big clicky switch and decent cables. The battery bag is a bit naff and will need more velcro straps to attach it and a quick look at the battery confirms what others have said about the waterproofing (It needs to be better) but that can be sorted cheaply. I might just pack it in a tough plastic bag and seal with tape, or see if I can get some heat-shrink that will fit a bit more neatly.
    The beam seems to have a decent centre spot, but I've seen them in use on local night rides and I know it's a similar beam pattern to my Lumi HID (Now sold) so fairly focussed.

TBH I'm amazed how good it is. I seriously doubt you'll get much, if any, better than this for less than 4 times the price. 🙂

zomersetglider

straight outta of the box….initial 1st charge and out on the trails with them…great light for the money with no issues.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I took mine out the box months ago, charged it up, used it and repeated the charge use cycle lots. It's ace for the cash!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Waterproofing wont be an issue as I'm over in Oz. (They've just recorded their hottest 6 months since their records began).

I've got a Fenix P3D Q5 to strap to my helmet and apparently, my folks have ordered one of the DX lights as my Christmas present. Though, knowing them, they won't have ordered it yet. Evenings are dark here as they don't do daylight saving in WA which means it's a bit cooler to ride in.

Thanks for the replies lads.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Been useing mine for over three months now for at least once a week and no problems whatsoever.Wish i ordered a few sets to put on Ebay.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Used the light on my way home last works fine, but interferes with my Cateye wireless computer, and totally blocks the signal!
    Not really a problem as I bougt it for the MTB which doesn't have one, but worth noting

steviegil
    Free Member

No problem's straight out the bag here either 8)

uplink
    Free Member

I need to get a UK adaptor on my way home (Hope Maplins have them)

What plug have they got on them US? Euro?

Mine are here but I won't get them till Christmas morning & I want to play with them straight away 😀

Marge
    Free Member

Used the light on my way home last works fine, but interferes with my Cateye wireless computer, and totally blocks the signal!

Mine also interferes with the radio signal when I'm riding so I have to use Ipod instead …
    (but in general it is quite amazing for the money)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What plug have they got on them US? Euro?

Mine are here but I won't get them till Christmas morning & I want to play with them straight away

Not sure what it is, but it's a 2 prong affair. US?
    Anyway, I did get one form Maplins, it's a shaver adaptor. The travel adaptors will work, but they are £5.50, and the shaver adaptor was £3.30 🙂

robbo1234biking

and the shaver adaptor was £3.30

Ouch – I got one from tesco's for 99p I think!

uplink
    Free Member

sounds like a Euro plug

US ones are flat bladed whereas the euro ones are round

cheers

grumm
    Free Member

Mine was a US plug not euro.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ouch – I got one from tesco's for 99p I think!

Bugger, never thought of that. Still, £2.30 isn't the end of the world is it? 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Shaving plug 99p from asda, you will have to change the fuse as they come with a 1 amp and mine went pop. Or a travel adapter from said store for £1.79 with a 13 amp in.

uplink
    Free Member

I thought from the posts above that it's a Euro jobbie
    but the photos here show it as a US
    https://www.dealextreme.com/photogallery.dx/sku.25149~seQ.6

looking at the PSU – I don't think one of those adapters would work – I don't think you'd physically get it in

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Those DX lights…again’ is closed to new replies.