Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Those Bolany cassettes on Ebay
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I could do with another 11 speed 11-36t cassette for a spare set of wheels that are shod with road tyres for when I use my CX bike on the road in winter.

SRAM ones are a tidy pricey, but I’ve spotted these Bolany ones on ebay and at £26 you can’t really complain cost wise.

Does anyone have real world experience of them? It’s not going to see loads of use, just occasional.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You mention SRAM but that looks very Shimano to me. Will it fit the same freehub? Sorry if that is a stupid question, I know sod all about road bikes.

IvanMTB
    Free Member
    steve_b77
    Free Member

eddiebaby

You mention SRAM but that looks very Shimano to me. Will it fit the same freehub? Sorry if that is a stupid question, I know sod all about road bikes.

SRAM & Shimano road 11 speed are the same free hub pattern, it’s just the new SRAM XD-R that uses a freehub similar to XD for their road 12 speed, FWIW.

IvanMTB

Subscriber
    Hi,
    I went whole hog for VG Sport 11/52 cassette.

I take it there essentially the same bit of kit under different names?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Looks to be very little difference between them.

There is probably 3 or 4 models under different brands. Only difference seems to be logo/brand name on the lock-ring.

Cheers!
    I.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

SRAM & Shimano road 11 speed are the same free hub pattern, it’s just the new SRAM XD-R that uses a freehub similar to XD for their road 12 speed, FWIW.

Every day / schoolday. Ta!

nick1962
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 of those 11 speed 11-36 cassettes and a 9 speed 11-40 and 2 11 speed 11-46,all shift as well as my my Shimano and Sunrace cassettes .They are Shimano/standard hub fitting and fit on 10 speed MTB hubs.Great value and appear to be very hardwearing so far.

doomanic

@nick1962 how long have you had the 11-46 cassette now?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Those Bolany cassettes on Ebay’ is closed to new replies.