Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thorn Expedition Rack advice.
  • Spin
    Free Member

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/carriers-racks/thorn-expedition-steel-rear-cycle-pannier-rack-black-powdercoat/

Has anyone used one of these on a 29er? There are a few comments on the site suggesting it would work but just wanted to see if anyone had experience of it.

I’ve got a Genesis Longitude M and the rear triangle seems to be pretty long and low putting it at the limit of adjustment on some racks.

Ta.

ton

a mate had a thorn rohloff mtb for years. it came fitted with one. just good strong stuff.
    and now pricy it seems, but all the good racks are.
    i need a rack for my fargo. £130 iirc.

dovebiker

Not fitted this one, but fitted plenty of racks as a bike shop mechanic. Mostly it simply comes down to the length of the mounting struts/arms. I’m pretty sure SJS could give you the dimensions of the rack and you could measure it for yourself?

gowerboy

I had a Thorn Rack and it was good… on my Thorn Raven. I don’t know how well it would fit a Lonitude but it will need long rack struts which you may need to bend and cut. I have used a Tubus Cosmo on my Longitude and it fits quite well. But to make it fit you need to use a spacer between the rack and the frame (Tubus supply these but I’m not sure they come with the rack) and you probably need to buy/find longer rack struts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.