Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • This Merc Sprinter? Why yes, yes it is
  • 5lab
    nickc

This image taken to make it seem like it’s twice as long as it actually is…

tuboflard

Us climbers always hang out rack of pristine and unused cams over our beds at night… 🙄

IHN

Am I missing something? How TF is that so much money? It’s really not that special.

grantyboy
    Free Member

Airstream tax. Makes VW tax like the middle isle specials of Aldi

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Blimey. There’s taking liberties with perspective in Photoshop and then there’s those mock-ups…unless they’ve really developed the same Dr Who technology that sorted out the Tardis.

llama

Airstream tax. Makes VW tax like the middle isle specials of Aldi

Same here, I mean this is not cheap at ‘from’ 80k gbp: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/new-vehicles/grand-california.html

wzzzz
    Free Member

I can never understand why such big vans are lifted. Surely it uses enough fuel and tips over in the corners enough already? And you aren’t actually going to take it seriously offroad with such a long wheel base are you?

That aside it looks alright. If you like that kind of thing.

5lab

at the same time, the new T7 is now a facelifted sharan..

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/caravelle/355226/new-2021-volkswagen-t7-multivan-replaces-caravelle

the t6 panel van will continue alongside.

maccruiskeen

I can never understand why such big vans are lifted

not sure if it is – looks like they’ve used the 5 ton base van rather than the more common 3.5 ton

the 5t ones sit on different axels and suspension and are a bit nose-up compared to the 3.5

grum
    Free Member

It’s 4×4 also and they are always high.

maccruiskeen

It’s 4×4 also and they are always high.

It makes prominent use of the letter ‘x’…. but its not 4×4

flannol
    Free Member

I can never understand why such big vans are lifted. Surely it uses enough fuel and tips over in the corners enough already? And you aren’t actually going to take it seriously offroad with such a long wheel base are you?

I drove the new sprinter (base) for T* for a year during lockdown and was very regularly dropping cars (*of course within the confines of the highway code*) on twisty roads. Remarkable machine. I bet a transit custom is even better.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Theres a Sprinter conversion on eBay at the minute for £120k. It is a NWCC conversion which is pretty much the best of the best but even so, £120k!

alpin
    Free Member

A friend of mine sold his tricked out T5 (4×4, jacked suspension, bigger wheels, new gear ratios etc) for ~45k.

He then buys a Sprinter, gets it jacked, bigger wheels, underfloor protection, Hymer conversion. The thing cost him around 120k. Crazy.

And yet he still goes to campsites because of the convenience.

Oh, and despite the van being two years old it’s already got rust coming through the paint.

Edukator
    Free Member

Tiny model to make it look bigger. Fiat Ducato or Renault Master make more sense as a base vehicle.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘This Merc Sprinter? Why yes, yes it is’ is closed to new replies.