Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • This Is Why
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Don’t know if I missed it, or it’s so far under the radar, everyone else has too. But this is why:

This Is Why

Stay safe people, see you on the other side….

lister

Walked my most local trail today…it was dry!

Poopscoop

I always love that picture being posted but it’s a bitter sweet feeling this year.😟

Ambrose

Thank you. I can’t wait until she is properly back and we can really appreciate her.

pondo

I just had a little cry. Thank you for posting.

chestrockwell

Glorious.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Sorry, I don’t get it. Explanation please ?

itstig

I can’t see the picture but am guessing it is the mint sauce return of spring.

hols2
    Free Member

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /proxy/rYqp-wmgVjunO57je3U9Ul0KKJIQ371qWqq_o7XlNPPEnWNYMJnveWJx8qNZn_Q3svFw6BV7s8JL3sPFcE9q-RHmrHqrIq55RkrsBiuPvpc from this server. (Client IP address: 42.150.154.74)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can see the picture but I fear she might be forbidden to all of us this year.

qwerty
    Free Member

I can’t see it either, it appears to be locked down for is to see this year, but the reality is the birds are singing louder and the deer are exploring ever closer.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry for those who can’t see it. Borrowed image from Retrobike, maybe someone else can post from a different source?

Davewalsh, it’s a representation of Summer (the lady seated), with a mountain biking sheep and his mates in the background. It’s from Mint Sauce, a mountain biking cartoon which was in MBUK back in the day. So I guess it’s part art, part nostalgia and part optimism, looking forward to the heady days of summer when you’ve been slogging through the freezing rain and mud for what feels like forever.

Summer can’t be stopped, even in these unprecedented times. I know at some point I’ll be up in my local hills, sun blazing and I’m surrounded by beauty. And to quote, it will be **** glorious.

a11y
    hols2
    Free Member

null

jobro
    Free Member

I rarely get the source of the words. Was that a song?

thepurist

Summer can’t be stopped, even in these unprecedented times

#ThoughtForTheDay right there.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone know where I can get a Mint Sauce keyring?

crazyjenkins01

I wonder if you can purr-chase that as a print?

What a thing to have on the wall 🙂

doomanic

@ratherbeintobago eBay, but be prepared to pay through the nose for it. The Stem caps from a recent freebie were going for over 20 quid.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mountain-Biking-UK-MBUK-July-2018-30th-Anniversary-Issue-358-Mint-Sauce-Keyring/264685974009?hash=item3da08371f9:g:ACoAAOSw339ecfY-

@crazyjenkins01
    you can’t unfortunately.

@RichPenny

It’s from Mint Sauce, a mountain biking cartoon which was in MBUK back in the day.

He’s still going strong.

jd13m
    Free Member
    jimmy

I have two original A2 / A1 posters from mbuk, must be 25 years old. They’re both up in our bathrooms so I can sit and stare while, err, sitting.

They always hark me back to happy, simple days and no more so than right now.

Superficial
    Free Member

I had a mint sauce keyring BITD. I used as an actual keyring then it lost its arms. I chucked it away.

ratherbeintobago

@doomanic You don’t remember the saga then?

Actually, I’d be willing to pay good money for a book of MS strips.

doomanic

@ratherbeintobago no, what saga?

bigblackshed

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just came here to post the same Mr Shed. 👍🏼

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago

@doomanic My Google-fu is failing me but it appears to have been about ten years ago. Good lord.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I bought a Mint Sauce Keyring on here only about 3 years ago.
    Gave it to a mate as a birthday present – saved me getting him another Park Tool pizza cutter.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘This Is Why’ is closed to new replies.