Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Things you've broken in the heat of an argument…
  • the-muffin-man

…I broke the telly last night by throwing the remote at it.

Not my finest moment. 🙁

Rockape63
    Free Member

golf clubs…..but thats when I’m arguing with myself! 😳

legend
    Free Member

lolz at getting so worked up that you do actually throw your toys

martinhutch

…I broke the telly last night by throwing the remote at it.

Countryfile can be so riling, can’t it?

the-muffin-man

Countryfile was on!

teasel
    Free Member

Not me but my partner broke her soft-close toilet seat a few weeks back by slamming it in anger.

Laughing does not help; only glue…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Countryfile, brilliant 😀

fasthaggis

Louise’s heart.

Sorry Louise

martinhutch

Matt is disappointed with you.

avdave2

A friend of my dad’s was an expert painter and decorator, even hand painting a car for my dad back in the 60’s. On another occasion he’d done a beautiful job of painting the the fuel tank of his own motorbike when it fell over while the paint was still tacky. His response was to take a hammer and beat it flat.

mattbee

A laptop had an interface with the wall a few years ago.
    I did also throw a new electric shower across the bathroom when I couldn’t get the plumbing to fit despite it being ostensibly the same as the old one. Broke both the new shower & a mirror…

smell_it
    Free Member

A marriage 😐

michaelbowden

My hand.

iolo
    Free Member

I threw a macbook pro out a third floor window once. I was ill at the time though.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Throwing or breaking things is considered to be domestic abuse

This is not a joking matter. If you destroy things when you don’t get your own way, in front of your partner, you may need professional help.

rocketman
    Free Member

A relative always seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke when we visited – hospitable, sociable, GSOH etc

There was always something wrong with the house though like holes in the plasterboard, medium-sized bits of furniture broken in inexplicable ways and on one occasion the bathroom door was off its hinges. Never had a complete set of crockery or glasses either

sandwicheater

There was always something wrong with the house though like holes in the plasterboard, medium-sized bits of furniture broken in inexplicable ways and on one occasion the bathroom door was off its hinges. Never had a complete set of crockery or glasses either

Ghosts.

bearnecessities

Ghosts

Ghostbusters

MrSparkle

Wind.

steve-g
    Free Member

I broke a phone when I got locked in a “no account with that email address exists………that email address is already in use” infinite loop on spotify not too long ago, and now I will be using a £17 Alcatel pixi for the rest of my contract to teach me a lesson.

convert

An argument with my van resulted in me kicking a wall so hard I broke all my toes on one foot. The day before a holiday in said van. Good thing the van was knackered as I was in no fit state to drive it!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The OH’s alarm clock.

She set if for 6am every morning, then refused to get up before about 8:45.

And it wasn’t a nice noise, it was one of those cheap ones with a buzzer.

Morning 1 of our courtship – “will you turn that thing off, if you’re making breakfast I’ll have toast”

Morning 2 – “will you turn that thing off, I guess I’m making breakfast in bed for you again then?”

Morning 3 – “will you turn that thing off, I guess I’m making breakfast in bed for you again then?”

Morning 4 – etc

Morning 185 – “will you turn that F****** B****** S***ing thing off? It’s doing my nut in.” Followed by 30 minutes of the sodding thing intermittently snoozing, or maybe it just overheats eventually and needs to cool down, before I snapped and launched the wretched thing into the bedroom wall, scattering it into a bazillion pieces.

It’s now my fault apparently she doesn’t get up until 8:45 as she has no alarm clock. Despite the fact that at 6am, every fricken morning her iPhones alarm now goes off…………………

DezB
    Free Member

1. Pretty sure that didn’t happen.
    2. Think you might need help.

😆
    It was a “don’t laugh a people with a bad temper joke”. Maybe only I got it (a bit like your baggy shorts joke on the other thread, which seems to have been taken rather seriously 😉 )

bigyinn
    Free Member

Erm a door, a bannister, a car wing, all mine and all fixed at my cost (apart from the car which died).
    I was a bit of a stresshead back then, but I was young and moving in with twin 17yo males and their mother can be a little fraught.

DaveP

My brother wanted to make a big exit during an argument, so thought he would slam the front door. He held onto it for as long as possible. Maybe a little too long.

He now has a shorter middle finger.

(Not technically broken though)

Northwind

My parents’ fridge door had a dent in it coincidentally the exact shape of my brother’s forehead. On the one hand, not my finest hour, on the other hand I won that argument.

When I worked in a bank branch, I had a huge fight with the regional manager on the phone and when I came out of the room, punched right through a big advertising hoarding we had. And got my arm totally stuck.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

(Swoons)

nuke

In the heat of an argument I threw the two pens I was holding on the dining room table…doesn’t sound so bad but unfortunately they weren’t normal pens, they were glass marker pens which are basically full of paint: they both burst open and sprayed the dinning with red and yellow mist..went over everything including cream sofa, laptop, cream coloured walls, white table and took forever to clean up 😳 😳 😳

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

My brother wanted to make a big exit during an argument, so thought he would slam the front door. He held onto it for as long as possible. Maybe a little too long.
    He now has a shorter middle finger.
    (Not technically broken though)

Snap! (not literally, my nail popped out at the bed and blood ran red down the sink while hand shook uncontrollably. Fingertip survived) Nail still looks spasticated 30 yrs later.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Things you've broken in the heat of an argument…’ is closed to new replies.