Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • things to do in Peebles without a bike in December
  • rOcKeTdOg

will be up for 3 days, biking yes but have a saturday night on my own, apart from sitting in the pub hoping to be picked up by a local is there anything interesting to do at night that doesn’t involve raucous night clubs etc (is the keg still going?) and where i won’t get my head kicked in for not being local?

jimmy

Bus to Edinburgh?

smell_it
    Free Member

You could start preying now that there might be something not too awful on at the Eastgate arts centre? I would go with the above.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Not far to Edinburgh….cinema, beers, wander about?
    There might be something on at the Eastgate Theatre in Peebles?

This is on….might be ok?

legend
    Free Member

nights out in Innerleithen are much weirder than Peebles ime, go there

darrenspink
    Free Member

Spooky walk in the woods?
    Curry?
    Trip to tescos?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You could start preying now

Pervert!

Bus to You’ll-have-had-your-tea will be an experience on a saturday night, as it goes through Penicuik….

Night walk up a hill, especially if the skies are clear, then a bite to eat in the crown, or a curry from Saffron inners, and a few pints in spoons – good range of beers.

bigjim

as an ex peebles resident I can confirm the most popular non-pub saturday night activity is either fighting outside my old flat, or driving past it every few minutes at 50mph in a small car with a massive loud exhaust.

Apparently tinder is quite exciting in inners.

airtragic
    Free Member

The gin greenhouse in the hydro!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The gin greenhouse in the hydro!

The cheapest, shittest looking gin palace, ever!

airtragic
    Free Member

Incorrect, it’s great! If that lad (gin captain) is still there, he really knows his gins too.

rOcKeTdOg

I hate gin 😡

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

He may know his gins, but it’s a 200 quid JML greenhouse sitting in the middle of a hotel, bloody awful looking! 😆

airtragic
    Free Member

(Can’t post smileys for some reason but lol, as the kids say!)

km79
    Free Member

Lol, no place with David Mundell as an MP can even remotely be considered rough, can it?

honeybadgerx

Eat your own bodyweight in sausage rolls from the deli at the end of the high street?

eemy
    Free Member

What is this “tinder” you speak of?? I’m only as couple of miles from Innerleithen. Name some names and I’ll ask the missus if she knows them.

kayak23

The pizza/Italian place by the bridge was dope when I went a few years back. Might still be.

dmck16
    Free Member

Not really, extend out to Galashiels and you’re talking 😆

or a curry from Saffron inners

If you can, the takeouts from Shukria are better. Avoid Panna and the Prince.

To be honest a trip to Edinburgh for the evening would probably be top of my list, much more to do. Although the last 62 bus back can be interesting.

rOcKeTdOg

Well i got the bus into Edinburgh on new years eve & got the last one back a few years ago, coukd it be more interesting than that?

dmck16
    Free Member

coukd it be more interesting than that?

Entirely depends on how much puke was involved…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘things to do in Peebles without a bike in December’ is closed to new replies.