Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Things that don't make sense….
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Drinking water isn’t that scarce in the uk, is it?

ads678

Monarch don’t charge for taking car seats, they also give you an extra 10 kilos if you have a baby on your lap 🙂

funkmasterp

Surely if you have scarce drinking water you should save it for doing the dishes or something? Chucking it in the cistern in order to flush the crapper seems a bit blase.

nealglover
    Free Member

No

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Yes, often it is, why do you think we have hosepipe bans…just for fun? 🙄

davosaurusrex

We need a grey water setup like what them Frenchies gone done got. The incompetence of the water authorities in the UK is staggering.

theotherjonv

Why people press two butons to type “@”
    When the same number of key hits will give you “at”

Similarly – why do we have to say “doubleyoo doubleyoo doubleyoo” and use 9 syllables as an abbreviation for “world wide web” which uses three?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Ooh yeh hosepipe bans, must be what…4 or EVEN 5 in the last decade….

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Kevlar thread, Stans No Tubes.

nealglover
    Free Member

Yes, often it is

no it isn’t..

When was the last time you (or anyone in the UK) had a problem getting drinking water due to it being scarce ?

why do you think we have hosepipe bans

So drinking water isn’t scarce.

zbonty

Looking down at my bottle on Monday it looked awfully scarce to me!

djglover
    Free Member

Ordered a taxi from the airport, can I have 2 child seats? no problem.

It was just the tailgating and speeding to worry about then

davosaurusrex

patriotpro/nealglover – I suspect you are the same person.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12088075

This sort of incident (which occur for a variety of reasons but usually related to lack of investment and maintenance) is narrowly avoided a lot more often than you might imagine. Because it’s avoided by desperate last minute scrambling you just don’t get to hear about it.

nealglover
    Free Member

patriotpro/nealglover – I suspect you are the same person

🙄

This sort of incident……etc

Does nothing to show that “drinking water is scarce”

It just means that the delivery method fails occasionally. The product is still available.

smell_it
    Free Member

Single people* having dogs or cats, just get some human friends or a hobby.

* under the age of 60.

bencooper
    Free Member

Why do phone and calculators have their number pads laid out completely differently

Calculator keypads came from mechanical adding machines which usually, because of how the carry function works, have the 9 at the top. Phone keypads came from rotary dial phones which sort-of have 123 at the top and 789 at the bottom.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

How do hip-hop mixtape artists afford the samples they use?

bearnecessities

How do supermarkets time the logistics of fruit buying so it’s fresh when on shelf, and has committed suicide 2 days after you’ve got it home?

SST
    Free Member

We need a grey water setup like what them Frenchies gone done got. The incompetence of the water authorities in the UK is staggering.

Aren’t most of the UK water companies owned by the frenchies now?

😮

Bear
    Free Member

As SST said most of our water companies owned by the French!

Greybeard
    Free Member

The incompetence of the water authorities in the UK is staggering.

That’s because we don’t have water authorities any more. Their job was to make sure we had a good water supply. Now we have water companies – their job is to make money for their shareholders.

Ditto electricity, ditto railways. Roads will be next.

Sandwich

sledge in the dessert

Not to be trifled with IMHO.

midlifecrashes

Nobody is saying you need to flush your loo with drinking water. Sort yourself a tank and stop doing it if it bothers you that much. My house came with a collection system built in from new.

Oh and for the OP, try http://www.bubblebum.co/ inflatable car seat if your kid is big enough.

Why people type(sp)after a misspelt word instead of relying on autocorrect, or right clicking and “Search Google for …” to check the spelling.

Ironically, autocorrect tries to autocorrect both “autocorrect” and “misspelt”

CountZero

cfinnimore – Member
    Kevlar thread, Stans No Tubes.

What doesn’t make sense about these? Kevlar thread? How do you think you stitch Kevlar cloth?
    Stan’s No Tubes? It’s a tubeless system, simples.

sargey

Why,when 17 mtb’rs walk into the pub which is packed does the gaffer sit on his ar8e and watch the barman struggle to cope.
    Same pub most weeks,same thing happens ..baffled!

samuri
    Free Member

This sort of incident (which occur for a variety of reasons but usually related to lack of investment and maintenance) is narrowly avoided a lot more often than you might imagine. Because it’s avoided by desperate last minute scrambling you just don’t get to hear about it.

That’s not fair. NI Water have had to deal a terribly under-invested infrastructure compared to the rest of the UK and that was a result of pipe bursts. Nothing to do with availability of drinking water.

You want they should send two pipes to your house?

Anyone who doesn’t like using drinking water to flush the bog should capture their own grey water and send it to the toilet. It’s not the water companies fault, it’s yours.

mightymule
    Free Member

But if I stop using drinking water to flush the bog, I won’t be able to drink out of the toilet any more.

davosaurusrex

When I posted last night I had had a few beers and broke my own rule about not getting into arguments on the internet as experience has shown it’s a complete waste of time.
    Greybeard – error on my part to refer to them as water authorities and 100% agreement about water companies being shareholder driven. IMO all utility firms should be operated for the benefit of the citizens, privatisation was a huge mistake.
    Some people seem to be confused about potable water and raw water. The availability of raw water may be sufficient but the infrastructure to treat it (and store it) and provide potable water is not exactly robust in many areas. Statements about providing your own grey water tank won’t change the fact that without financial incentive the vast majority won’t bother. A few conscientious bearded STW types doing so is pretty much irrelevant in the big scheme of things. Inclusion in new builds is a good idea but new builds to this standard still make up a very small percentage of UK housing stock (this is a guess, CBA to search for a link to support)
    Anyway, I work in the water treatment and supply industry so I’m not going to jeopardise my job by posting any first hand experiences on here. And I can’t be bothered anyway, I’ve surprised myself by typing this much. Night!

boxelder

One s in desert – you pudding.

Why people without kids are uppity and intolerant of those who do have kids. No-one could argue that stopping having kids isn’t a threat to human existence. Having kids is piggin hard work and will keep the world going for your retirement.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Why do phone and calculators have their number pads laid out completely differently

Just don’t get it

This bugs me too.
    But the 4, 5 and 6 are in the same places.

Merak

Grown men wearing croc shoes. I just don’t get it, it makes no sense to me.

I mean you think their partner would say ‘Really? You’re going out with those on?’

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Crocs are ideal warm wet casual footwear. Ideal camp site shoes.

IanMunro
    Free Member

If you do a poo in the cistern then the water’s no longer drinkable.
    Problem solved.

convert

Grown men wearing croc shoes. I just don’t get it, it makes no sense to me.

I mean you think their partner would say ‘Really? You’re going out with those on?’

Hey, my wife actually bought me a pair of crocs the other day for my birthday. They did come with a warning that I could only wear them when swimming (to and from the sea) and general mincing around faffery and the there were no circumstances where wearing them in public proper would be acceptable. I plan on breaking the rule – dead comfy for slobbing. Like slippers for outdoors. I also got my first ever pair of actual slippers for the same birthday (41) – clearly on the downward slope!

convert

Things that don’t make sense – fruit in food. They put grapes and apricots in the salad at work mixed in with the cucumber, green leaves and grated carrot. Can’t get my head around it.

Smudger666

convert – cucumber is a fruit, so is a tomato.

having said that, a wise man knows not to put them in a fruit salad 🙂

Digital vernier calipers.

If it’s digital, there’s no vernier scale.

grievoustim
    Free Member

cfinnimore – Member
    How do hip-hop mixtape artists afford the samples they use?
    POSTED 1 WEEK AGO # REPORT-POST

As long as they aren’t making any money (I think they are mostly given away for free) the record cos turn a blind eye

At some point they will probably decide they care enough to take someone to court and people will stop making them

JoeG
    Free Member

That riding a fatbike is so much fun! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Things that don't make sense….’ is closed to new replies.