Things that don't make sense….

Home Forum Chat Forum Things that don't make sense….

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • Things that don't make sense….
  • Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Taxis don’t need child seats.

Gary_M

I can’t find anything about this online…PLUS…regardless of law, I’d like my son in a proper fitting seat thank you very much…

You expect taxis to carry kids seats to suit parents like you?

project

http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/law/

Take your own child seat and let the taxi driver keep it for your return

Ro5ey

Women.

Edit… Sorry only read the title… didnt realise we were being specific

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I expect taxi companies to have some available, yes – like they do for big taxis or disabled people.

And what do you mean ‘people like him’? It’s not unreasonable is it?

To the OP – train? Or shop around for decent airport parking?

Gary_M

I expect taxi companies to have some available, yes

Are you the OP?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Went to a café the other day, just fancied some chips. Despite having loads of ‘(something) and chips’ items on the menu, I got told they don’t sell them on their own.

cheekyboy

Depending on the distance to th’airport I normally put junior in the boot (trunk)

sit him on your lap, cross your arms over him, brace your legs against the seats in front, close your eyes, hum to yourself, . . . . you’ll be there safely in no time…IMHO.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I absolutely hate taxis.

timc

Why does the world not revolve around me and my needs 😈

edlong

The type of pedals that you clip into being referred to as “clipless”

Never understood that.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Because they lack old style clips and straps.

Gary_M

The type of pedals that you clip into being referred to as “clipless”

Because before look designed the clipless pedal people used toe clips and straps.

I click into mine 🙂

grahamg

..pro-team kit. I mean, seriously?

we need https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-Kit-****/226928457440722
    for cyclists.

😉

eskay

Why people go to clairvoyants……….

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Should’ve seen that coming.

patriotpro

Taxis don’t need child seats.

This.

DrP – is it a simple booster seat you’re after or a full on seat with harness?

edlong

Because they lack old style clips and straps.

Because before look designed the clipless pedal people used toe clips and straps.

Yeah… I was sort of being rhetorical. Anyway, I reckon if you take some people, under the age of 60, and show them the two types of pedal that people actually use this century (the ones that eat flesh out of your shins and some SPDs), demonstrated how they worked, then asked them which were “clipless”, you’d get a very high proportion of wrong answers.

DrP

Why does the world not revolve around me and my needs

Whoa whoa whoa, easy there fellas..

Not at one point did I say “I’d like the taxi to buy/carry a seat for me” did I??
    I was asking about taking our own seat, and the lady seemed to suggest we didn’t need to.

Any other assumptions or personal attacks you’d like to make, before I log off for the evening to kick puppies…?

DrP

(You can apologise here, or forward it to my secretary….)

Gary_M

I was asking about taking our own seat, and the lady seemed to suggest we didn’t need to.

Why the need for the ‘thank you very much’ style rantette then?

How would that work in an airport run then?

Mr Woppit

Seen just about every day on the commute.

People who decide to go by bike, and then do EVERYTHING wrong.

Cheap 40lb “suspension” (ie: springs at both ends) bike.
    Fat, cheap knobbly tires, on the road.
    Overdressed to the point of wearing a 3/4 length coat over everything because it’s raining a bit.
    Sweating, puffing and looking miserable.
    Walking uphill.

Top marks for being on/with a bike, but… sheeeesh. 🙄

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Why do phone and calculators have their number pads laid out completely differently

Just don’t get it

nealglover

We’re you asking the taxi company if it was OK to use your own child seat then ?

It didn’t sound like that, mainly because they would need to keep it for you while you were away on holiday and arrange to have it ready for you when you return, which I don’t think is a normal service for most Taxi companies.

Or you would need to take the car seat on Holiday with you obviously.

DrP

Why the need for the ‘thank you very much’ style rantette then?

Sigh..
    With a degree of conjecture, the conversation went a little like:
    “I’d like 4 adults and a child seat please”
    “We don’t have child seats.”
    “OK, the last firm did, but whatev’s – can we bring our own?”
    “You don’t need a child seat. Taxi’s are invincible to crashes or something, so you kid’ll be fine. If he’s small, he can fit in the glove box”
    “I think I’d rather the heir to the “DrP empire of steel and majik (TM)” travel in safety, thank you very much…..”

They charge a fiver to hold onto your seat, or drop it back, or something…

My initial surprise was the idea you don’t need a child seat in a taxi.
    Not that some lowly serf has failed to entertain the idea of providing the fruit of my loin with some jewel encrusted size appropriate bucket seat…

DrP

Gary_M

So, trying to book an airport taxi, enquiring about a car seat for our lad etc etc.
    Taxi firm state that “it’s a different law for Taxis, and children don’t need child seats..”
    OP – ‘Can I use my own then?’
    Taxi firm – ‘Yes’

Doesn’t have the same sensationalist slant 😉

DrP

So, trying to book an airport taxi, enquiring about a car seat for our lad etc etc.
    Taxi firm state that “it’s a different law for Taxis, and children don’t need child seats..”
    I can’t find anything about this online…PLUS…regardless of law, I’d like my son in a proper fitting seat thank you very much…
    Anyone heard of this before?

Busses and coaches – Fine, but a Taxi…?!!

DrP

matt_bl

nealglover – Member

Or you would need to take the car seat on Holiday with you obviously

Did this, that way we could use it the cars of the people we were going to see and also in compatible Euro taxis.

Hardly a lunatic thing to do, although the price Ryanair charged to ship the thing I should get tested.

Matt

nealglover

[Quote]Hardly a lunatic thing to do…[/quote]

I didn’t suggest that it was. If you are going to need a child seat while you are away on Holiday, it’s a perfectly sensible thing to do to take one with you.

Just the same as Skis/Bikes/Para Gliders etc. all very useful to take if you need them while you are away.

But they are all a royal pain in the arse to take with you if you don’t need them.

(which is why I left my Skis and Snowboard at home when I went to Egypt last year 😉 )

rs

Why do phone and calculators have their number pads laid out completely differently

I never noticed this before. wonder why.

Premier Icon MrOvershoot
    Subscriber

Cougar – Moderator

Went to a café the other day, just fancied some chips. Despite having loads of ‘(something) and chips’ items on the menu, I got told they don’t sell them on their own.

Friend was @ Llandegla not long after they opened from the snow chaos on a Wednesday evening he had much the same response?
    You would think they would welcome every penny after loosing so much due to closure!

Why people press two butons to type “@”
    When the same number of key hits will give you “at”.
    😉

Why is there a picture of a stickman in mid run on every fire exit sign when all the literature tells you to walk?

patriotpro

The ironing of it all is that that this thread makes about as much sense as a sledge in the dessert.

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

Dune sledging?

A sledge could be pretty useful in the desert. You could fill it with supplies and pull it behind you. Now a bag of sand, from elsewhere, that would make no sense at all!

What’s wrong with the tandem and trailor you lazy git?

sbob

richmtb – Member

Just don’t get it

Calculators are numeric, ‘phones are alpha-numeric.

TuckerUK

Flushing toilets with scarce drinking water…madness.

konabunny

Drinking water isn’t that scarce in the uk, is it?

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

Monarch don’t charge for taking car seats, they also give you an extra 10 kilos if you have a baby on your lap 🙂

Surely if you have scarce drinking water you should save it for doing the dishes or something? Chucking it in the cistern in order to flush the crapper seems a bit blase.

nealglover

No

TuckerUK

Yes, often it is, why do you think we have hosepipe bans…just for fun? 🙄

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Things that don't make sense….’ is closed to new replies.