• This topic has 117 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • Things that annoy you but shouldn't
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

Small children.

twisty

Use of the word pavement to describe a footway.
    A pavement is a paved surface, so a paved carriageway is also a pavement.

neilthewheel

the little divider

This is called a Tildonk http://afterliff.com/liff/tildonk-n/

When I push the hand towel into the plastic holder that looks like a cat’s bottom, and it immediately falls on the floor. Grr.

amedias
    Free Member

post arrives, post is opened, junk mail is identified to go in the recycling, legitimate mail is kept and placed on pile/in draw as appropriate, but then WHY THE ACTUAL FLIP do you also put the torn open and now empty envelopes for the legitimate mail in the pile/draw as well instead of in the recycling with the junk mail you strange and unfathomable wife!?!?!

🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Work

DezB
    Free Member

People who walk though shopping centres not looking where the are going (eg. staring at their PHONE) and expect everyone else to be looking where they are going to move out of their selfish ignorant little way.

Actually, that is something I should get annoyed about

DrP

All the morons at the baggage carousel at the airport that seem to think you need to stand almost on top of it whilst waiting for your case. Stand back a couple of feet so we can all see the bags that are coming round and while we are at it how is your wife and 2 kids right beside you is that just to make the place even more crowded can they not wait a few feet at the back of you with the trolley

THIS!!

Because, unless you own the whole fricking carousel of luggage, just stand back, watch your bag come near, take it, and stand back again…

The thing moves at 2mph, and you know what – if you ‘miss’ you bag, it’ll be back again soon enough….

Arrggghhh…..
    If there’s one thing that would actually spark a mass killing spree in me, it’s this…

DrP

johndoh
    Free Member

in the pile/draw

People who call a drawer a draw.

spawnofyorkshire

pedants

mj27
    Free Member

It seems wives/OH play a big part in our frustration(s)

Why does she press the back button on her phone many times instead of the home button. Some person spent their time putting it on the screen in a good place to shortcut multiple presses but she just ignores it.

Not being able to reverse out of the drive in one move. We have only lived in this house for 13 years, maybe she will learn to do it soon.

Use of the word ‘common sense’ in the perception that it is common, when it seems to be given out to lss people in the gene pool.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My children.

Despite being seemingly mature enough to grasp some pretty heavyweight intellectual concepts, they seem completely and stubbornly oblivious to some of the simpler ones.

Just put your shoes on. Daddy’s going to be late for work. 😡

orangespyderman

in the pile/draw

People who call a drawer a draw. [/quote]Is this thread not just going to end with the conclusion that we all hate everyone, including each other? 😕

spawnofyorkshire

I get annoyed by students. I work at a uni and they’re back on Monday 😐

ronjeremy
    Free Member

DezB – Member

People who walk though shopping centres not looking where the are going (eg. staring at their PHONE) and expect everyone else to be looking where they are going to move out of their selfish ignorant little way.

Actually, that is something I should get annoyed about

My new game is to see how many of these people I can accidently bump into, I tend to then smile shrug and carry on walking

makes me smile

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

People who spend an absolute fortune for a gig/festival ticket then spend the whole time gassing to their mates when the band is playing.Sometimes the hubbub is louder than the music-thinking Cambridge Folk Festival tent here. Disrespectful to the artists in my opinion.

langley
    Free Member

People who at work spend all day sorting out doctors, dentists, ringing up booking meals out and other private stuff. I assumed being at work was to do work not sort out your social life.

People who shout down the phone when having a conversation.

People who put luggage in the designated cycle rack on trains; and then lock it to the rail.

Folk who do not get out of the way when getting off the train. (pedals on ankles usually does the trick)

amedias
    Free Member

People who call a drawer a draw.

people who mistake my haste and auto-correct as intention.

Is this thread not just going to end with the conclusion that we all hate everyone, including each other?

Nah, other people are fine, it’s me that’s the issue, I’m the one that hates them 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

stevied – Member
    On the subject of windscreens…

My wife’s Fiesta has one of those heated windscreens that defrost quickly, I don’t

I believe it’s a Ford owned / licensed conecpt, i.e. many / most Fords have it, only other cars that do have licensed from Ford and are expensive. Your car must not be good enough. 🙁

scud
    Free Member

– Norwich bloody Council whose way to create cycle paths and move cyclists off the road is to paint a white line down the centre of the pavement and make you ride amongst the pedestrians (and in particular dog-walkers).

– People who buy houses in my rural village, which is surrounded by farm land, then complain that tractors move slowly and that occasionally the place smells of fertiliser or silage!

– Motorists that “HAVE” to overtake you on the bike despite knowing that 10 yards after they’ve overtaken you they are turning left, and that they are going to make that left turn so slowly you have to brake to avoid riding into their nearside.

– That bloody surface dressing that Councils use instead of properly tarmacing the road, whoever thought that up should be hung/ drawn/ quartered and stone chipped!! Especially on the road into work, where they have done it around parked cars, so there is a visible step and loads of excess hasn’t been swept away as they can’t get to it, no punctures for nearly 2500 miles, then 8 in a week.

– People of a “certain age” who buy 2.0 litre cars then insist of driving them at 30mph despite a changing speed limit.

– People who see a 30mph sign ahead, and instead of slowing gradually drive to the sign and brake hard!

Can you tell i am an angry man today……..?

P-Jay
    Free Member

People stand in doorways and thoroughfares, especially when they act all defensive if you say “excuse me”, there’s no malice in my words, I don’t say things in a snide way to use nice words to say nasty things – just move please or I’ll shoulder barge you.

My Wife and Son who are INCAPABLE of closing a door – middle of winter, “just popping to the car to get…” front door wide open, frozen gale tearing through the house, all because they can’t be arsed to close the door behind them. Worst still if I dare drop them anywhere like to the Cash-Machine, door left open, rendering it immobile blocking the way for everyone else, exposing the rest of us to the elements, lazy lazy lazy, even worse going to Aunt Mabel’s to drop a card in – they know full well if caught in the act they will be there AT LEAST an hour – door open – no it’s okay Love, I’ll get out, walk around and close it for you.

People who queue in traffic, glued the the rear bumper of the car in front, I don’t know if they’re worried someone is going to pull of a daring 3mph over-take and get in front of them, or they think they can use proximity to push the cars in front along – but in doing so they’ve blocked the other side of the road, meaning the cars going the other way can’t get passed, which means the very thing they’re trying to get past – can’t clear. LEAVE A GAP YOU WUCKING FANKERS.

People who drive on the wrong side of the road to clear parked cars with absolute confidence that it’s their right of way *because* and present themselves to on coming traffic (closing speed of 60mph) at the last moment – hey, lets all kill each other for the sake of being a dick.

People who go massively super agro at the first sign of resistance, they’re a dying breed thankfully, but when ‘The Apprentice’ was still popular every young suited prick I had the misfortune of working with thought it was the done thing to be super confrontational and demanding. Nope, GFY.

People who’ve replaced every single Verb in their vocabulary with “Do” can you “Do” me a cup of tea – what the **** is that??

People who say “Get” when they mean “Have” “Hiiiii, get I get a cheese burger” – “Sadly not Sir, this is a Cafe, I’ll have to get it for you”.

I could go on for hours, I’m getting madder as I write it – but I’ve actually failed. None of these things “shouldn’t annoy” me – they really should, tolerance is a wonderful thing, but I refuse to tolerate the inconsiderate and the rude. I know our Lexicon is a constantly evolving thing, but it should be growing, not retracting If people want to willingly giving up their education and upbringing by reducing their vocabulary in favour of lazy Teen Americanisms, that’s up to them, but I refuse to join in.

ulysse
    Free Member

Dom Little wood. Steve Wright.
    Folk stealing a living pedaling the same old rope for the last 30 years

dirtyrider
    Free Member

My wife’s constant use of the phase “oh yer” in a seemingly defeatist attitude towards everything at the moment

Wants to enroll on a college course, I tell her to go enquire “oh yer” no just **** go enroll!!

Can you pick some shopping up, put petrol in the car, drop me off some where

I’m not asking you to perform **** keyhole surgery, just **** get it done

spawnofyorkshire

– Motorists that “HAVE” to overtake you on the bike despite knowing that 10 yards after they’ve overtaken you they are turning left, and that they are going to make that left turn so slowly you have to brake to avoid riding into their nearside.

I encountered one of those last night. Absolute bellends.

ebennett

People who stop in a queue at traffic lights leaving a big gap in front of them, then once I’ve stopped behind them decide to move up and fill the gap THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE BLOODY WELL FILLED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

BillMC

johndoh
    Free Member

People who stop in a queue at traffic lights leaving a big gap in front of them, then once I’ve stopped behind them decide to move up and fill the gap

I think people do this to give themselves space in the event that you come up behind too quickly (ie, they can then drive on a bit to avoid a collision). I do it on motorways if the traffic suddenly slows/stops. (I wouldn’t do it in normal town driving though).

ebennett

People who stop in a queue at traffic lights leaving a big gap in front of them, then once I’ve stopped behind them decide to move up and fill the gap

I think people do this to give themselves space in the event that you come up behind too quickly (ie, they can then drive on a bit to avoid a collision). I do it on motorways if the traffic suddenly slows/stops. (I wouldn’t do it in normal town driving though).

Possibly for some, but given that most of them seem to have their head down tapping away at their handbrake or something (couldn’t possibly be a phone, that’d be illegal) it’s probably not why most of ’em do it!

Still annoys me out of all proportion to the actual act though 😈

DezB
    Free Member

All the morons at the baggage carousel at the airport that seem to think you need to stand almost on top of it whilst waiting for your case. Stand back a couple of feet so we can all see the bags that are coming round and while we are at it how is your wife and 2 kids right beside you is that just to make the place even more crowded can they not wait a few feet at the back of you with the trolley
    THIS!!

I actually avoid going on holiday because this annoys me so much!

nickc

John Humphrey

ulysse
    Free Member

Humphrey Cushion

fasthaggis

– People who see a 30mph sign ahead, and instead of slowing gradually drive to the sign and brake hard!

They also brake hard at average speed cameras ,dafties 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Cushions!

tomhoward

We have a quote tool at work that assigns a 7 digit number to each quote, sequentially.

When I started, it was at 8134xxx (can’t remember the exact one) they started at 8000000.
    We are now (8.5 years later) at 8945xxx.

I was very excited at the prospect of producing quote number 8888888 (yes, I know…)and had worked out roughly when it would be (we produce around 400 quotes a day). The week before, I get a letter about a doctors appointment that is scheduled for the afternoon I expect the number to be produced. Luckily it was early afternoon, they were running on time and i got a clear run of traffic back to work after, only to have miss it by 17 quotes…

Further to that, we are implementing a new tool in the next couple of weeks, so I won’t have the satisfaction of having a quote number that starts with a 9, or pass the ‘million quotes produced’ mark, for both me or the company.

Not a big issue, but it grates…

ulysse
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

Peter Cushin’

pealy
    Free Member

Flip-flops – specifically people who come home from holiday wearing them. Probably seemed like a great idea when you left the all-inclusive in Corfu but not so smug now you’re feet are being mangled by the escalator are they? And yes, you will wish you’d put your trainers on when you have to wade through the puddles of Manchester rain on the way to the car. Next year, leave them in your stupid 4-wheeled suitcase and put yer wellies on to come home.

maccruiskeen

I was very excited at the prospect of producing quote number 8888888 (yes, I know…)and had worked out roughly when it would be (we produce around 400 quotes a day). The week before, I get a letter about a doctors appointment that is scheduled for the afternoon I expect the number to be produced. Luckily it was early afternoon, they were running on time and i got a clear run of traffic back to work after, only to have miss it by 17 quotes…

I was similarly annoyed that I was distracting myself with the trivial matters of control of the the vehicle and the safety and well being of others and missed the odometer on my van clicking over to 333,333. I’d only kept it for the last 33,333 miles because I’m missed to clicking over to 300,000 too.

maccruiskeen

Grumpy Old Men

maccruiskeen

Not an annoyance. Just an observation 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

The mad scrum in the Lidls and Aldis of this world when they open another check out when there is a long queue. Civility just seems to go straight out of the window. The

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Things that annoy you but shouldn't’ is closed to new replies.