Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Wim Hof method
  • MSP

Has anyone tried it? Did you find it beneficial? Is it achievable to practice in real life?

or is he just a crazy Dutchman, able to push himself to extremes to market snake oil?

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/

yunki
    Free Member

I’m a massive wuss at cold water,  but I’ve kept Wim in my thoughts and been in the sea a fair bit this summer… hot weather might have helped too though.

I have a mate that was inspired by  Wim to do an open water swim every day over the last winter.. I’ve seen some ace icey selfies as a result. Not sure if he’s continuing this year.

spot
    Free Member

yes   i’ve been doing it for about a year now.  really struggled with the cold showers at first. am now at the stage where I dislike warm showers. the breathing I do on and off because it really only works in the morning (for me) and I also really like sleep.

benefits, I do think it helps with my chronic inflammation a bit, but it’s not  a miracle solution

there is a free app so no need to buy anything

i started out with a guided breathing clip on youtube

footflaps

A few guys in the gym went to the Lake District to do a one day course involving sitting in Lake Windermere. They seem to think there is something in it…

PrinceJohn

Scroobius Pip had him on his podacst ages ago – really interesting chap…

https://www.acast.com/distractionpieces/wimhof-distractionpiecespodcastwithscroobiuspip-136

nickc

Y though?

Very interesting, I’m sure but why?

Drac

Reminds me of JP.

sc-xc

Russell Brand also has him on his recent run of Radio X shows if you don’t want to listen to Pip keep interrupting him.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Read a book about this guy recently. Ice man. Laird Hamilton has adopted his techniques

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Wim Hof method’ is closed to new replies.