Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • The toilet seat argument
  • molgrips
    Free Member

otherwise a mushroom cloud of water vapour carrying specks of faeces, pee and all manner of assorted nasty things spreads out and sttles on your bathroom stuff

So? Are you ill all the time? If not, then why go looking for sources of germs?

Chase
    Free Member

At home, seat down lid down always – I always have and always will. Strangely enough it’s the wife (and kids) who can’t put the lid down in our house. The kids sometimes seem to have trouble flushing the damn thing too.

At work I find it best not to touch anything except the flush handle.

glenh
    Free Member

1. What is the point of the lid?
    2. What is the point of having a seat that lifts up? Can’t you people manage to piss into a hole the best part of 1ft in diameter?

coffeeking
    Free Member

glenh – thank you returning reason and sanity to the argument!

Rich
    Free Member

Yeah but it’s the drips that make a mess. 😛

not to mention the potential for the girls’ midnight trip to the loo where they forget in a sleep addled way to check the seat and then fall into the toilet bowl.

With the lid down surely it would be worse not to check?! 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

What is the point of the lid?

Exactly, whats the point of spending money on stuff that turns the water blue if you can’t see it?

As a side point, this struck me as a good idea;

jojoA1
    Free Member

No arguments in our house, if he leaves it up, I put it down. If I’ve left it down, he lifts it up. We all wash our hands afterwards… don’t we?

Re the ‘piss soaked bar towels’, ours get changed and washed regularly, just how much do you drip in your house??!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

TOILETS IN THE SW (woman/romance/marriage): Toilets in the SW portion of the home will make marital troubles, or will cause someone to remain single a long time. Again, keep them closed and the door shut. Put a plant in here or bamboo rods to drain the energy here.

TOILETS IN THE NW (helpful people/breadwinner/man of the house): Toilets in the NW portion will bring difficulties to the breadwinner of the home. A bright light is the best counter to a bathroom in this location. Another suggestion is to add blue decorations here. Just be sure to NEVER put any candles in this bathroom or in the NW portion of the home. This is a very, very important rule because it can cause a sudden loss for the breadwinner of the family.

TOILETS IN THE EAST (health/family realtionships/first son): A toilet here impacts family relationships and the first son in the family. Over come this by hanging a 5-rod hollow windchime above the toilet.

TOILETS IN THE SOUTHEAST (wealth/abundance): Handle the same as in the east.

TOILETS IN THE WEST (children/creativity): A toilet here causes problems for the children in the family. Correct this by painting the door to the toilet red or keeping a bright light turned on. Do not paint the room white or decorate with metal or metal colors.

TOILETS IN THE NORTHEAST (wisdom/education/self growth): A toilet here can cause you to make dumb mistakes that might embarrass you. Add a plant in here or paint the room green to drain the negative energy here.

TOILETS IN THE NORTH (career/opportunities): A toilet here can cause you to suffer with job losses, career unhappiness, or lack of opportunities. Do not have any blue, black, or purple in here. Hang a 5-rod hollow windchime here or a large stone tied with a red ribbon next to the toilet.

TOILETS IN THE SOUTH (fame/reputation/social status): This creates a problem with your social standing. People will not think favorably of you and may be a source of backstabbing and politicking and gossip. Keep lights low and decorate in blues/blacks. A bubbling water fountain would be another good idea, too!

TOILETS IN THE CENTER OF THE HOUSE: This is such a common problem. Bathrooms in the center of the house drain vital energy. If you can, paint the room red and place candles in here. Or, decorate with as many red objects as possible to stimulate fire energy. Another suggestion is to keep a bright light on in this bathroom.

. . . explains everything then . . . sheesh 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

Don’t drips also go into the bowl – I’m no Ron Jeremy but I cant see the difficulty here! Maybe we should be enforcing better toilet training!

I do like that green backlit toilet, thats brill.

ChrisHeath

Can’t you people manage to piss into a hole the best part of 1ft in diameter?

Don’t drips also go into the bowl

You’d think so, but given that the bog seats/floors here at work are generally covered in pi55 by mid afternoon, I suspect that some blokes don’t have a particularly good aim…

clubber
    Free Member

Brilliant – you learn about something new everyday:

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/soft-close-toilet-seats-2097-0000

jojoA1
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member
    Don’t drips also go into the bowl – I’m no Ron Jeremy but I cant see the difficulty here!

One would think that, but it seems not. Insufficient control I reckon. Twas ever thus!

Maybe we should be enforcing better toilet training!

Oh, I see, it’s the women’s fault anyway, is it? 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

There must be a lot of threads on the internet about bog seats if it’s taken you 2 years to get round to this one.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn3OfkDgEho[/video]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

got a PA years back, so sit to pee

You have a strange person push a hole through your knob end with a knitting needle, and a bolt fitted. And you lose the ability to pee standing up because urine sprays everywhere.

I really don’t see the appeal.

scaredypants

we had a slow bog seat fitted when the downstairs toilet was done up

2 yr on and the lid’s back to undamped slamming and the seat can’t hold itself up unless you hold it there for a minute or so to “set” itself

kack, with a capital F

scaredypants

perhaps he means “Personal Assistant”

it’s hard to pee straight with a semi 😳

Hairychested
    Free Member

if the women prefer it, is it really that big an issue to spend 1 second keeping them happy

Why should I spend more time on her toilet than she spends on sex?

bassspine
    Free Member

When I become rich, I’m going to have my own pissroom. It will have some nice turf underfoot and a big oak tree trunk in the middle of the room to piss against.

that is a very classy idea.

I used to live out in the sticks and always went outside for my last-thing-at-night widdle, bit of fresh air, look at the stars, lovely. I miss that.

Gary_C

🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

perhaps he means “Personal Assistant”

I was trying to figure out why a large stack of loudspeakers meant he had to sit down…

Cougar

Wonder if you are promoting something????

… badly.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It’s one those topics repeated ad infinitum by vacuous females. Once you’ve explained to said vacuous females (slowly, and using small words) that often the toilet furniture isn’t already in the desired configuration for our WC visits, and yet in the history of mankind you’ve never heard a man complain about having to move the seat and or lid (which are hinged and easily moveable), they then realise how incredibly banal their whinging on the subject has been.

Or, more likely, they carry on complaining regardless (empty vessels make the most noise).

Maybe I’m just lucky, I don’t actually know any females who bring the subject up.

Edukator
    Free Member

Bei uns sind die Männer Sitzpinkler.

I’m the one who cleans the bog so I’ve adopted the same rules as German women who clean the bog.

derek_starship
    Free Member

At home, I have a sit down piss (seat down obviously). No splash issues and if a #1 progresses to #2 – hey presto you’re ready to go.

Plink, plink, fizz.

Edukator
    Free Member

That WC turque can’t possibly be in France, konaboy, it’s too clean (and doesn’t appear to be leaking).

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Actually found one in a laybye in Central France – no walls around it and in plain view of the road too!

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Problem solved here by getting a cool ‘slow closing’ seat that you just nudge and then gracefully closes without a thud/crash.

Makes you want to lower it – just like the old slow opening tape decks!

Sad? Me? You bet!
    Not sad at all. We’ve got one of those, and it’s great.

The lid needs to be down all the time round ours to stop the bloody dog drinking out of the toilet.

thegreatape
    Free Member

We had a rather clever toilet seat until recently that not only had soft close lid and seat, but had a hidden child seat for little bottoms. Lasted about 9 months which is quite a long time in my house.

Like this

bigyinn
    Free Member

I think the problem for men is one of a “inconsistent” stream and flow. I suppose it also depends on whether you have, erm, had the gentlemans rainhat removed or not.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘The toilet seat argument’ is closed to new replies.