Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • The toilet seat argument
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

So what are the womens arguments for wanting us to put the seat down for them? I’ve never quite seen where the problem lies.

Poindexter
    Free Member

Pure bone idleness.

matt_outandabout

‘splatter’

(we have three small boys…)

Kieran

If you want it up, put it up
    If you want it down, put it down

dave_aber
    Free Member

What he said ^

If it’s not in the right position when you go in, it’s hardly a huge chore to move it up/down as required, is it?

miketually
    Free Member

We solved the argument at uni by offering to leave the seat down all the time and to just aim through the middle 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

I just piss in the sink. My wife even puts a small towel at the side for me to wipe my knob on.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I always put the lid down and it annoys me when others dont. I used to have to reach over the loo for my tooth brush and when your hung over its too easy to knock some down the loo and in a house of 4 blokes there is always skiddies so I always shut the lid!

coffeeking
    Free Member

We solved the argument at uni by offering to leave the seat down all the time and to just aim through the middle [:)]

You make it sound like thats a hard thing? I’m starting to wonder if people on here are like the new jet pack we saw posted the other day!

I_ache – We’re not talking about the lid here, no-one uses the lid apart from grandparents!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the vital thing is when flushing to put the lid down, otherwise a mushroom cloud of water vapour carrying specks of faeces, pee and all manner of assorted nasty things spreads out and sttles on your bathroom stuff. saw it on a how clean is your house show, have never flushed lidless since.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ah but they proved on mythbusters that putting the lid down made hardly any difference to the amount of matter ejected from the toilet during flushing

AdamM
    Free Member

Just don’t understand how this is such an issue? I’d much rather walk into a bathroom and not be able to look traight down the toilet bowl so always put the seat and lid down. My wife also prefers that. Leaving it up looks unsightly and is pretty lazy IMO, not to mention the potential for the girls’ midnight trip to the loo where they forget in a sleep addled way to check the seat and then fall into the toilet bowl. No one needs ice cold porcelain at 3 in the morning.

miketually
    Free Member

We’re not talking about the lid here, no-one uses the lid apart from grandparents!

I always put the lid down.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, definitely seat down:
    1) as AdamM said, it just looks better when you walk into the loo
    2) also as he said, helps the 2:00am loo break so you don’t have to put the light on
    3) if the women prefer it, is it really that big an issue to spend 1 second keeping them happy

brant
    Free Member

Has anyone ever seen/heard of a urinal installed in a private house. I think it’d be a great idea.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

it’s not just that though is it, if we give in on that 1 second job then we’ll be emptying the bin and changing the toilet roll next.

then they’ll be wanting the vote and all sorts

it’ll end in tears

quincy
    Free Member

My wife even puts a small towel at the side for me to wipe my knob on.

How small is the towell thegreatape?

😆

soobalias
    Free Member

got a PA years back, so sit to pee (urinals excluded)

job jobbed.

JoB
    Free Member

Has anyone ever seen/heard of a urinal installed in a private house.

yes, it was in the bathroom of two, er, theatrical men

samuri
    Free Member

2) also as he said, helps the 2:00am loo break so you don’t have to put the light on

This would end in disaster surely. If I get up in the middle of the night to go for a wee, I’ll just wee all over the lid/seat. And I’m a grown up. The teenage boy in the house is rarely awake during the day never mind in the middle of the night, guaranteed he’ll not look before starting to wee.

My wife clearly doesn’t get as drunk as yours, she checks before sitting down and seems quite content to move the seat to the desired position if she gets up in the night.

samuri
    Free Member

got a PA years back, so sit to pee (urinals excluded)

Getting a PA makes wee come out your bum?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think we have two issues running concurrently here:

1) The loo lid – supposedly stops the mushroom cloud of fecal coliform, but in actual fact doesnt unless you have a hermetically sealed one! Some may suggest the loo looks better with it down.
    2) The loo seat – women want it down so they dont fall through the loo when they cant be arsed turning the light on to check whether they’re going to fall through the loo. So they insist we make up for their assumptions and lack of thought.

In answer – 1) Loo’s are ugly anyway, having the lid down makes no difference to how ugly it looks unless your family is prone to leaving presents visible…
    2) If you want the seat up, put it up, if you want the seat down, put it down. Dont expect it to be in either position, if you fall into the water at 3am you have a tiny arse and should re-think your laziness.

soobalias
    Free Member

yes samuri, yes it does, more than you would think.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Stand up for yourselves. Complain if she leaves the seat down … very bad form IMHO, my rights are as valid as my wifes!!

For gods sake dont let her know I said that though

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

What – actors, thespians.

Stoner
    Free Member

Has anyone ever seen/heard of a urinal installed in a private house. I think it’d be a great idea.

To my mind, any sink is a urinal after the missus has gone to bed.

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

Hot and cold running urinals – for gods and bikers

mrsflash
    Free Member

We’re not talking about the lid here, no-one uses the lid apart from grandparents!

I always put the lid down.

Yup, lid used in our house. Then there need be no arguments about seat up / down. Simples.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I don’t see it matters much. But if you want equality, put all the lids down – then everyone has to raise and lower a lid.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How small is the towell thegreatape?

More of a flannel really 🙁

mark_b
    Free Member

Toilet seat down – it’s feng shui apparently

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t see it matters much. But if you want equality, put all the lids down – then everyone has to raise and lower a lid

But then men have to lift two lids at once….. 😆

enfht
    Free Member

Is it just me thinking this or were those fluffy lid covers and fluffy toilet rugs invented by a woman who was unaware how blokes p*ss? I never, ever stand on those fluffy toilet rugs in bare feet, yuk!

coffeeking
    Free Member

enfht – whats wrong with the covers and rugs? As a bloke I can’t see any problem with them?

I have an image of this funnily enough!

IanMunro
    Free Member

enfht – whats wrong with the covers and rugs?
    Apart from looking gay, they’re the equivalent of having a piss soaked bar towel on your floor.
    Mind you personally I’d rather stand on a slightly damp rug than in pools of piss 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good god, do some men just accept they have poor control over their directional abilities and let themselves go to pot? I stopped struggling to aim at the right spot when I was a small boy! Looking gay i might accept. Them, not me.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Problem solved here by getting a cool ‘slow closing’ seat that you just nudge and then gracefully closes without a thud/crash.

Makes you want to lower it – just like the old slow opening tape decks!

Sad? Me? You bet!

IanMunro
    Free Member

When I become rich, I’m going to have my own pissroom. It will have some nice turf underfoot and a big oak tree trunk in the middle of the room to piss against.
    Bliss!

enfht
    Free Member

they’re the equivalent of having a piss soaked bar towel on your floor

couldnt have put it any better myself, very funny 😆

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Cheesy, we have one of those too …brilliant bits of kit, hours of fun

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘The toilet seat argument’ is closed to new replies.