Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 295 total)
  • THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE! Round2!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

philconsequence – slow group (still recovering from bad shoulder, honest guv)
    mrsconsequence – slow group
    AndyRT – slow group
    Thisisnotaspoon – fast group
    PaulD – fast group
    raymond – fast group
    slimjim78 (-1 buddy) – buddy has now put hoe before bro
    Elfinsafety (too lazy to copy and paste)
    Turboferret – undecided on group (not ridden for a while, and will be SS) attendance 75% likely
    DezB – fast group
    Singletrackmind – fast group (presumptuous, I know)
    kevsterjw + 1 – slow group
    Phil56 – slow group
    TurnerGuy – slow/medium/fast group
    MrBlobby – fast group
    dobo – fast group
    Tenuous – some kind of [non-pootle] group
    Pleurr [aka Mrs Tenuous]- pootle group
    sjw77 – slow group
    Bullheart – slow/medium/fast group
    mk1fan – slow/medium/fast group
    Aidan – fast group
    Peterpoddy – probably fast group
    Mrs Poddy – probably slow group

philconsequence
    Free Member

the slow group is going to be tiny judging by the list!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m too lazy to write me name down on a sticker…

philconsequence
    Free Member

nobody is asking you to young man 😉

just an emergency contact number innit

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is there a group for ‘people too lazy to decide what group they’re in’?

Right. My train gets into Martin’s Heron at 11.52. That’s ok, innit?

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’s a fair old sprint to meet us by 12 dude! if this laziness continues we’ll have to set off without you 😛

(i dont want people waiting around too long before starting riding, people get impatient when they’ve been in a carpark for an hour innit)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Phil, according to Google maps, it’s 2 miles almost exactly. If his train is on time he’ll arrive at almost exactly midday if he gets a shufty on 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

last min decision to go

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 sweet, i’m off to go collect my bike, load up the car and cut up an old top so it allows more air to me nipples for the ride

see you all soon!

philconsequence
    Free Member

well that was BEAUTIFUL :mrgreen:

thanks to everyone who came out and made it what is was!

and a super special thanks to PaulD and AndyRT for leading the two groups, what a stunning way to end the summer.

i hope everyone gets home safely 🙂

shalarim
    Free Member

An excellent ride in the slow group. A lot of new tracks I didn’t know. Will look at GPS later to find out how much of the 85 miles was done today 😀

Thanks Phil for organizing and Andy for leading the slow group much fun.

PaulD
    Free Member

Phil,

Been there, seen it, done it and got the very wet t-shirt to prove it.

It was excellent….well I thought so from the front!

Seriously, thanks to all the fast(er) group for just doing it in the new UK record October temperature!

Sunny, hot, no wind, no mud or even the odd puddle.

What a day!

Looking forward to the next one.

PaulD

slimjim78
    Free Member

I concur, was great to meet you all and discover some great new sections.
    Sorry about the squeaking cranks, and puncture, and another puncture, and the hot flush (full length trousers, seriously?), oh, and coming of in the Devil’s Bowl bit or whatever it was called.

Thanks to Andy for plotting such a great route and to Phil for organising, hope we can do it all again sooner rather than later!

timmys

Cheers Phil for organising, had a great time breaking my “meeting people off the internet to ride bikes” virginity. My Garmin had the slow group route at 14.1 miles. If anyone wants a .gpx of it then my email address is in my profile.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheers for guiding us Paul, feeling it in my legs now!

SilentSparky
    Free Member

^ Mark riding the black Charge Duster

Thanks for organising Phil and thanks Andy for leading the group.

Tenuous
    Free Member

Thanks very much for the guiding Paul, and to Phil for organising, and Pete for the advice on my forks and finally to Dez for not being too angry at my surprise wrong turn 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant that was. Thanks to lovely Phil for organising and Paul for superfast guiding. Absolutely loved it.
    Got a few decent photos so they will be uploaded to my Picassa site and I’ll post the link.
    Did I mention I had a good time?

[edit]Tenuous – that’ll teach me for riding too close eh? 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

as a side note, I got through a smidge under 4 litres of fluid on the ride, still ended up 1kg lighter when I got home! 😯

sweaty git.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Yes, many thanks Phil for organising the ride and for Paul for the guiding – some new trails to me – if I can drag myself out of bed tomorrow I am going to do the route again early.

What a great route and pace – I have a gpx of the fast route apart from the end where us stragglers got separated and then wandered into the swamp.

It was good to put faces to some of the ‘masters’ of the stw forum 🙂

AndyRT
    Free Member

What a great afternoon in the sun! I did see some air under some of those tyres, and especially enjoyed the”wheeeeeeee” sound effects coming from behind me on a swoopy bit of trail.

Oh, and much kudos for Phil for organising.

I’d love to catch up with the Alton crew to checkbout your local woods…

I could be persuaded to organise a Winchester ride at some point, if any one is interested?

bullheart
    Free Member

An excellent ride, in excellent company.

Many thanks to Phil for organising and Andy for leading the slow group. And thanks to ‘spoon for providing company when my ‘catch up with the fast group’ plan went a little, er, awry…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

as a side note, I got through a smidge under 4 litres of fluid on the ride, still ended up 1kg lighter when I got home!

sweaty git.

I set off with a 750mml and 500ml bottle (drank a couple of pints of water before setting off as well), ran out about an hour in, got back to the car, drank 2 750ml bottles and a can of pepsi, Bullheart bought a round of cokes, and I’ve still not pissed anything less than brown!

And thanks to ‘spoon for providing company when my ‘catch up with the fast group’ plan went a little, er, awry…

Haha, we were the fst blokes on singlespeeds whp are only fast when no ones looking group. Cheers for the coke, I’ll buy a mataphorical one back on your justgiving page.

singletrackmind

What a ride . Oh my God . Straight out of the blocks and up to a good fast rolling speed . Usual run out of the cp and out into the miles of super fast singletrack .
    Never ridden Swinley when it has been so hot and so dry . Super quick with a light dusting of pine needles to keep you focussed . PaulD was taking no prisoners and I was running at pretty much flat out through alot of the singletrack . Even burped on the stickler which left the back end feeling very wooly .
    Big up to Philly for organising , and PaulD for dragging us round in a blur of roots , twists and turns and drops . This is why I ride a mountain bike .
    rob ( naked carbon fs)
    Could be a childs face s’all

slimjim78
    Free Member

Even burped on the stickler which left the back end feeling very wooly

is that a euphamism?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thanks to the organisers nice day. Very dehydrated by the end of the day thanks to the guy who pushed my cramp out.

Aidan
    Free Member

Yay… thanks to Phil for organising and PaulD for leading.

I ride those trails pretty much every week, but it’s nice to ride them with some different people (and put faces to internet personas).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hang on, extra large doner to get outside of first, then I’ll be back and that.

As you were.

(The little quiet, almost painfully shy one on the tiny red bike…)

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds like a good one, hope I can make the next one and that it’s soon.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I tell you what Tom, I won’t be having one of these bad boys again for a while; it’s enough to feed me for a week! 😯

derekrides
    Free Member

Hey sounds like a great ride, I’m jealous, do any get organised down south, I mean further south and east a bit preferably.

Er one question, why do peeps ride with only one speed (I guess that’s what single sped means) are they poor people, I could probably find some old gear stuff, should we form a charity?

Gears for poor single speed riders that can’t ride good.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

are they poor people

I am! 😀

Speshly after forking out for this extra large doner.

Jeeze, I’m struggling. Not sure if I’m going to make it. 😐

_tom_
    Free Member

Save some for tomorrows breakfast/lunch.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Should’ve listened to the bloke in the shop when he expressed concern for my ability to finish it. 😳

It’s bloody huuuuge. Even Binners would struggle to finish it.

Might heat up the leftovers for Match Of The Day. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

are they poor people

nope just better than you :p

Aidan
    Free Member

That is all.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Aidan speaketh truth. It Is Written.

Who was the tall guy who got up that vicious climb?

The man’s a machine. Proper power. Most folk with gears couldn’t make it to the top! 😯

That was the fastest I’ve ever ridden round Swinley. Sweet Jesus of Nazareth it was quick!!! PaulD isn’t Human, I don’t reckon, but some form of superfit alien, sent down to make us all feel inadequate.

Trails were soooooo dry and fast. Unfortunately, someone had to go and spoil it for others though din’t they mentioning no names but he lives on Hayling Island and rides an old plastic bike and is sponsored by a banana company…. 🙄 He was like bloody Lewis Hamilton, cutting people up and overtaking etc. So rude and inconsiderate.

Oi, Dezinald! Whe’ya pictures dem?

singletrackmind

Im keepin dat sticker on my bike
    As for uncle Leathal Dizzle…
    One of the bestest days ever

Aidan
    Free Member

Who was the tall guy who got up that vicious climb?

Maybe me? Depends which climb you mean.

I was on the Ti Singular.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes was you!

Fair bloody play to yer. Some of those climbs are nasty enough with gears, let alone without any! 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE! Round2!’ is closed to new replies.