Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 295 total)
  • THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE! Round2!
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

none of that misogymathingy now 😆

PaulD
    Free Member

Phil,

Just found this new post and confirm that I will lead the fast group.

I will also recce the route on the Thursday or Friday and post my findings here (what tyre/tyre pressure/saddle/forks/brake pads for Swinley etc).

I expect to ride the new extension to Stickler both ways, Tank Traps, Gully, Labyrinth, Wall-2 and over to the Seagull for Corkscrew and Session Area before coming in for tea and medals.

PaulD

philconsequence
    Free Member

sounds fantastic paul, thank you!

went to swinley today, conditions aren’t bad at all considering the recent showers… sunny and very windy days have kept it to only a few puddles 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

bump for weekend people 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Was hoping to make this but conincides with the Coed enduro and am doing that on the Sunday, will be resting up on the Saturday, have fun.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would also love to have made it Philly. But it coincides with my first ever opportunity to attend a gay wedding in the hugely exciting city of Leicester. And I ain’t missing the chance to dance at that. 🙂

akak
    Free Member

I’ll be there if i’m not on holiday…never ridden in Swinley before as its an awkward distance between long ride/short car journey for me 😕

philconsequence
    Free Member

darcy, i’m disappointed.. we’ve never stopped anyone from dancing at swinley.

🙂 be cool if you can make it akak!

philconsequence
    Free Member

morning bump 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

akak – drive past it, park a short distance away and ride back?

AndyRT
    Free Member

bumpity bump

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’ll be there, possibly with two other riding buddies.

Love riding Swinley and will be great to be shown ”Stickler both ways, Tank Traps, Gully, Labyrinth, Wall-2 and over to the Seagull for Corkscrew and Session Area” as I always get lost when I go.

Sounds like a good day out. See y’all there

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 nice one slimjim

nacho
    Free Member

Gutted can’t make this one as the last one was great fun – I will be on my way to the Lakes for a weeks family holiday and Mrs nacho threatened me and the bike if we followed on a day later!

DezB
    Free Member

Will it be warmer this time?

Pook

crikey – peaks pootle organisation is positively shambolic compared to this!

one day we’ll hook them all up, a “sexy pootle chapter ride”….

in fact, that’s an idea……

philconsequence
    Free Member

its a GENIUS idea :mrgreen:

Pook

right. I’ll be in touch.

philconsequence
    Free Member

what have i agreed to? 😯

Sandwich

Will ask Mrs Sandwich once the peaks is done and dusted. It may not be possible to get out 2 weekends on the bounce.

So these beavers Phil…….

Pook

Phil – between us we could kill the sandwiches!

philconsequence
    Free Member

beavers, killing sandwiches… i’m not sure why i wasnt expecting for this thread to turn a little surreal 😆

turboferret

Courtesy of my gran popping her clogs, I shall be back from India that weekend which is a mixture of 🙁 and 🙂

An excursion around Swinley should make the weekend more exciting though 8)

Cheers, Rich

philconsequence
    Free Member

i hope we can provide some light relief turboferret 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I would love to come along. I’m only in Alton so just up the road. It would be really to meet some of you. Don’t really know the trails so it would be good to get a heads up on whats where.

philconsequence
    Free Member

perfect way of getting to know whats there… sounds like PaulD’s route is a good loop that takes in some of the main trails, i’m guessing Andy and thisisnotaspoon will end up leading similar routes 🙂

be good to have you along, if you usually ride with friends, feel fee to bring em along too

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Thanks Phil, I do have a regular riding buddy that I know will be up for it. We are neither athelete’s nor super hero’s but can hussle for a pair of chubbers. Looking forward to it already!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We might come along to this ride now, too. I’ll see….

Be nice to hook up with a few people I don’t see very often 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thinking………

9yards to Watsons Wander/Wider

Corkscrew, followed by an epic faff/getting lost arround Crowthorne and possibly wondering how we ended up inside the Broadmoor fence.

Seagull Run

The epicly muddy but lesser known rubbish alternative to stickler because I missed the entrance

Stickler

Tank traps

Jump gulley

Up the nasty climb by the burnt out scooter

Labrynth

Some pissing about arround the jump/drop area without actualy doing any jumps or drops.

Retrun to the car park via 9yards for some tea and cake.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I thought I saw some or other news bulletin saying forestry ops will be in Crowthorne, mulching the firewood, ready for planting new loo roll trees. If they are busy by then, I doubt any trails left that side of the road 🙁

I was going to try and get as many fun bits into an xc ride in a few hours. twister, tank traps cork screw labyrinth (or lose the will to live and convince yourself you are being chased by a scary monster ( at night obviously)). It all rather depends on mud tolerance of my group.

Either way, it will be fun. Shall indeed be armed with varied cakes and coffee

philconsequence
    Free Member

thank you again guys, really looking forward to this 🙂

thisisnotaspoon, if the numbers are smaller than last time (judging by response on the thread its looking a bit smaller) would you be happy to join up with PaulD or chill in the more relaxed group?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Quite happy to sweep for the faster group, see which route people are going and which one’s likely to have bits I’ve not done before/for a while.

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 sweet cheers dude!

Lifer
    Free Member

Pencil me in for the slow group!

Sandwich

As usual with these things fate has intervened to prevent my attendance. New glasses required to as the current ones do not meet the requirements for corrected vision for driving. Damn and double damn.
    When’s the next one?

philconsequence
    Free Member

curse you fate!

not sure when the next one will be, i’m sure there’ll be more though 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’m in! I can train it from Brighton – what’s the best station to aim for?

philconsequence
    Free Member

ohhhh thisisnotaspoon is always good for advice on which train station is best and stuff if i remember correctly from the last rides…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Bagshot, Martins Heron & South Ascot are the nearest stations, all within approx 10 mins riding of the forest (Lookout entrance).

Martins Heron is probably your best bet if you can find an easy link (direct from Waterloo), failing that Bracknell station is only about 15/20mins ride and should be mainline?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 295 total)

The topic ‘THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE! Round2!’ is closed to new replies.