Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The sun is out – great time to break my scalfoid!!
  • tang
    Free Member

Worked all day, mowed the lawn, cooked for everyone, hung some curtains. The sun was out and yesterday’s evenings ride was a treat I was savouring all day. Off like a coiled spring. I’m feeling good, take a left, ignoring that black cat and straight up the ramp of a hill that’s got a 30% bend. Anyway, who cares I nail this beast often, I’m in the right gear ready to put it down. Oh dear, an audience of my daughters friends coming down the hill cheering me on. No worries I’ll be clear of them in a few seconds, up on the hoods Bertie style. Then bang, chain goes on the apex at the steepest point. I’m on the deck being laughed a. Bit sore and no spare link in the wedge; limp home.
    Anyways it was hurting all night, so off to A&E this morning, now sporting a plaster cast. No bike fest this weekend and it’s one armed course building at mayhem! 25 years and many spills I’ve not done a wrist. My favourite time of year for riding! Mate is setting up my turbo later. Bollocks.

vintagewino
    Free Member

bad luck. broke both mine. rubbish. get well soon!

tang
    Free Member

My wife just got in and is not impressed. Annoyingly it’s my right hand.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Oh dear.. that sucks.
    Expect 2- 3 months off your bike. Slow healing bone due to poor blood supply.
    What do you do for your job?

peteimpreza

Sorry to hear that mate, let me know if you need a hand (ahem!) with anything. 😯

Tang does not have a common job. He is retained in various positions by the landed gentry of the shires. 😀

tang
    Free Member

Cheers Pete! I must come over with you’re guard. Work is ok accept my 1 day teaching cycling!

peteimpreza

Don’t forget that pizza! 😉

The guard can wait, don’t worry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The sun is out – great time to break my scalfoid!!’ is closed to new replies.