Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The Stooge (and other rigid trail bikes) Pictures Thread
  • abingham

Since the last rigid trail bikes advice thread, I’ve seen more and more Stooge (and other rigid trail bike) owners around the forum.

So, this is a thread for everyone to show and tell about all their great rigid builds.

Here’s mine as a starter for 10:

Stooge_MK4

Stooge_MK4_2

bonzodog
    Free Member

Sweet. Wish I had one of them 😉

abingham

@bonzodog, at this rate your MK5 will be here next summer won’t it 😉

bonzodog
    Free Member

🙂

ajantom

Some of mine over the last couple of years…

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Stooge Dirtbomb

rOcKeTdOg

singular

Chubby swift

abingham

Was waiting for yours @ajantom!

Couple more of mine from previous years:

1x1

Surly 1×1, got used for all kinds that bike, but never properly bonded with it.

ALICE

Just before the Stooge arrived, I had this Pipedream Alice, rolling on 2.8s. Very rad but not very ‘trail bikey’.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Scrambler. 5th rigid bike and by far the best.

ajantom

@abingham enjoying it then 👍

We should try and organise a SW Stooge/rigid ride. I know another 2 or 3 ‘fools’ who love a bit of rigid trail action.

I took mine round all the off piste stuff up Haldon the other week. Bumpy fun!

cjr61

gringo

My Mk3 Stooge

My 650b wheels in 26″ frame Dialled Prince Albert – work in progress

p7eaven
    Free Member

The long 29” doitaller in (top) gravelbeast and (bottom) play/fetch modes

It’s a versatile and comfortable all all-dayer. Could be even more fun with some mid-fat rubber and hydraulic brakes. Comes in at around 12 something kg with tubes and risers minus the rack so is no whippet but also no slouch. Burned past two grunting roadies climbing Killhorse Lane the other night 🤘🏼🤦🏼‍♂️

#tryhard

spooky_b329

This has been my only MTB (in working order) for the last 18 months, it’s either this or a rigid gravel bike at the moment!

bonzodog
    Free Member

yours, before it was erm… yours

bonzodog
    Free Member

abingham

@umop3pisdn – that’s bloody lovely.

@ajantom
    , very much on board for that – not done much of the off-piste up there, and haven’t done anything on cafe side either so very keen to join up and explore. Will PM later on.

Nice bike there Bonz, although given how immaculate the frame and forks were when I got it, it looks like you must have carried it out to take photos and carried it back rather than riding it!

bonzodog
    Free Member

although given how immaculate the frame and forks were when I got it, it looks like you must have carried it out to take photos and carried it back rather than riding it!

You sussed me 🙂

Actually I’ve never pampered a bike as much as I did the Stooge. True story.

tazzymtb

my one off raw mk4 had come back to me, so I’ve built it up with gears and some pimpy carbon whisky millhouse bars, enve stem etc.. and shoved a gear dangler on it for a change.

stooge

abingham

Most excellent @tazzymtb and nice to see you pop up in the thread – it was the Pinkbike article on your MK4 that really sealed the deal for me on my own MK4 (courtsey of Bonz)! I see you’re ripping around on a Dirtbomb now too?

I’ve gone retrogrouch and put a rigid post on mine – aiming for the ‘less to go wrong’ mentality that bought me to a rigid trail bike in the first place. Although it is a suitably matchy matchy Enve one. Let’s see how long it is before I pitch myself over the bars on a drop or such like…

tazzymtb

ahhh you have me confuzled with matt lakin 😉 for it was his mk4 in pinkbike and he is the enduro racer…i am the usually die Hard singlespeed dickhead that runs the owners group sort merch and plays on protorype stooges with Andy. my speedball and yours truly was in singletrack mag 🙂

i am also far more handsome than matt as he is a bit short and looks like he should be sleeping in a hedge

abingham

Ah, my mistake @tazzymtb, though you were one and the same! Was yours the Ti one up at Cannock in the mag?

faustus

My XC/Trail Unit. Does pretty well, though no real need for a dropper where I live. Do hanker for a Stooge though!

swavis

Here’s my Mk1 Longitude, not a great pic but it’s an awesome bike. I think I’ll take it out later 🙂

Another from back in the winter

tuboflard

Here’s mine. Original Rooster although had it resprayed recently with a subtly different shade of yellow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwUZ5HhSpS/?utm_medium=copy_link

Thinking of treating myself to a XPLR dropper when they finally land as would like a dropper post on the bike for steeper stuff but don’t want to ruin the clean lines with an unsightly external cable.

kayak23

Always enjoy a rigid bike. I’d really love a Stooge. Maybe one day.

My Calibre Dune fatbike.
    About as bouncy a rigid as you can go.

My Marin Pine Mountain

colin9

This is my Whippet. Great bike, I love riding it. I has been my only MTB for the best part of a year.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thinking of treating myself to a XPLR dropper when they finally land as would like a dropper post on the bike for steeper stuff but don’t want to ruin the clean lines with an unsightly external cable.

You gonna drill the frame?

tuboflard

No need @bonzodog. They do an ASX version in 27.2.

Rickos
    Free Member

Surly Lowside

I’d love a Surly Lowside. They just look so right.

Andy-R

You lot with your Stooges – I have to make do with this old thing…

Ti Singular Hummingbird with custom Singular Ti forks (465mm a/c, 62.50mm offset).

bonzodog
    Free Member

They do an ASX version in 27.2.

Blimey. I struggle to keep up with tech these days. That post would double the value of my Rooster!

@Andy-R
    – Beautiful mate. Kilabrega?

tazzymtb

jones

stooge

couple more of mine

wzzzz
    Free Member

Paul-B

Don’t know if that works…but this is my Mk4 at sunrise 🙂 Love this thing.

Andy-R

@Andy-R – Beautiful mate. Kilabrega?

No, the Slieau Curn road, right where you can turn left to drop into the top of Glen Dhoo (The Port). One of my favourite ways down.

I like Killabrega but it’s over all too quickly….

Good to hear from you Bonz – our paths haven’t crossed in years!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘The Stooge (and other rigid trail bikes) Pictures Thread’ is closed to new replies.