Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • The Snip
  • darrell
    Free Member

how long will it be afterwards til i can ride a mtbike in anger

highlandman
    Free Member

Not long, a few days to two weeks, just go easy on the ‘anger’..
    Listen to your body (you may not feel like it) and if you’re unlucky enough for the bruising to be significant, stay off the bike until you’re reasonably sure its fixed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Dreading this 🙁

darrell
    Free Member

booked in for next week

br
    Free Member

Had mine done Monday lunch and rode on my m/c to work on the Thursday.

Cycling-wise, I’d run well padded shorts 🙂

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Just say no! 😀

Mog
    Free Member

how long will it be afterwards til i can ride a mtbike in anger

In anger? I’d say on the way home. It would’ve made me bloody livid.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I’m waiting in anticipation for the date for mine. Is it weird that I am genuinely looking forward to it?

Harry_the_Spider

2 weeks. However, I did rattle my knackers on the nose of the saddle and thought I was going to die/cry/pass out.

Blog post – From a couple of years back so ignore the HTN dates

darrell
    Free Member

think i will back out of some back country offroading 3 days later then

warton
    Free Member

we’re discussing this in our house at the moment, after the arrival of Warton Junior 2.0

did you all have it done under local? did you feel ‘the snip’ as it was done?

Trekster

I was off work for 3wks after complications, burst blood vessel.

Harry_the_Spider

did you all have it done under local? did you feel ‘the snip’ as it was done?

Local. You could feel some “pulling”.

I was able to walk out of hospital within the hour. Things were a bit tender but I was back in work on the monday after having it done on the Friday. The waiting was worse than the operation TBH.

Garry_Lager

I’m being a total fanny about this and keep putting it off – squeamish doesn’t begin to cover it.
    Also surprised to hear my GP say that it’s basically irreversible – you hear it described as being a reversible process in popular culture. Apparently they can re-connect the plumbing OK but the little fellas are all fked from the inactivity. Is this the case?

wwaswas

I’m being a total fanny about this

interesting choice of wording 😉

[edit] don’t google image search scrotal abcess. Guy I worked with got one and was off work for some time and carrying his sack around in a wheelbarrow.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was on the table, snipped(burnt actually) and pulling my strides on in about ten minutes. Absolutely no bother. Felt like I’d been kicked in the nuts for a few days.

Best thing I’ve ever done.

theotherjonv

Local. Didn’t hurt but you could feel it.

What did hurt was getting an infection in the wound, preventing it healing. So I had to go back after a fortnight to have the wound cleaned with antiseptic and redressed. Toes still curling at that memory……..

Gunz
    Free Member

It’s all pretty non-eventful if a little embaressing, managed cycling after a week or two.

Is it weird that I am genuinely looking forward to it?

Frankly, yes.

Best thing I’ve ever done.

I wouldn’t have put it that bracket myself.

I_Ache
    Free Member

GP say that it’s basically irreversible

Thats part of the attraction for me.

ads678

I really want to get it done but it just makes me cross my legs and pull a funny 😐 face thinking about it!

I should really get down the doctors though, sick of bloody* jonnys!

*probably should’ve chose a better word!!!

Harry_the_Spider

I really want to get it done but it just makes me cross my legs and pull a funny face thinking about it!

MTFU 😉

leffeboy

GP say that it’s basically irreversible

It might depend on how it’s done. I know someone who had it reversed and now has a lovely new baby

warton
    Free Member

could i get it done on my private healthcare plan, and get it done under general, with a couple of nights in a nice hospital?

wwaswas

I found it to be a less involved and uncomfortable experience than having a filling done (as a patient).

I wouldn’t expect 2 nights in a hospital for a filling…

I_Ache
    Free Member

sick of bloody* jonnys

This* is the exact reason that I am looking forward to having it done. No more contraception.

* Not the blood. I don’t get that. I suspect if you do you’re doing it wrong. Or maybe its the other way round 😕

allthegear
    Free Member

Oh for goodness sake, guys, it’s only the snip!! Lol

Rachel

MoreCashThanDash

I’m incredibly squeamish, had it done, sweated like a pig through the whole process, lived to tell the tale and no regrets. Some pointers:

1) Shave VERY thoroughly – gives the nurses something to talk about! 8)

2) If the surgeon doesn’t give you enough local, he will know this a very few fractions of a second after you do 😯

3) I hate the smell of my own burning tubes in the morning 😥

4) Take it easy for as few days until you are really confident things are healing and sorted – the consequences of it going wrong can be ugly

5) No matter how grateful your other half is that you have undergone this as a sign of your commitment to her and your relationship, there is a reason the nurses suggest you avoid carnal knowledge for a few days – see 4 above 😳

jekkyl

I can confirm that it is completely reversible, my cousin had it done after having 2 kids then got divorced and hooked up with another lass, baby will be one year old in June.

It does seem a lot of time trouble and pain just so you don’t have to wear a jonny. It’s not that bad, makes you last longer and much less chance of ‘dribble’ on the sheets. 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

I thoroughly hate johnnies.

br
    Free Member

could i get it done on my private healthcare plan, and get it done under general, with a couple of nights in a nice hospital?

You are joking, right?

I had mine done at the local health centre, drove home. Had already planned to have two days working from home, then back to work.

Not sure what you guys are paying now, but mine was £80 private (14 yrs ago).

warton
    Free Member

you have to pay?

jesus this gets worse and worse

ads678

Can I just ask a bit of a crude question?

Once you’ve had it done…….what comes out?

jekkyl

pretty much the same just a bit thinner, your ejactulate isn’t just sperm.

ads678

yeah I know that but wasn’t sure how much of is……or something……

Anyway you’ve answered my question so thank you.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    pretty much the same just a bit thinner, your ejactulate isn’t just sperm.
    POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Top quality wind up material knackered. Grrrr. 🙂

triop
    Free Member

just remember snip is not 100% and yes confirmed

bwaarp
    Free Member

Did you guys know you run the risk of having a lower sexual desire with the snip? Yes, it is actually a side….somehow.

Animal studies have also shown a drop in testosterone levels of about 40 percent within 8 months of having it done!

Which means you might get bitch tits and limp dick. Probably why your wives want you to have it done.

I for one will remain a real man until I die 😈

allthegear
    Free Member

Bwaarp – where did you get that rubbish from?

You do know a vasectomy is not an orchidectomy, don’t you???

Rachel

bwaarp
    Free Member

You do realize that the body has to do something with the sperm don’t you and by that I mean immunologically? Anyway… let’s start with this one shall we

https://www.thieme-connect.de/DOI/DOI?10.1055/s-2007-1003704

Having said that I just found a large more recent study which shows no link bewteen vasectomy and sexual desire.

I personally think that vasectomy isn’t something you should be rushing into unless you feel it really benefits you and your partner, as with every procedure it has risks. You can stop taking the pill if you get sides, you can’t always reverse vasectomy and if you get chronic pain it means more surgery.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Surely the only difference between someone who has had the snip, and someone who hasn’t is that there is no sperm delivered to the ejaculate, it’s still produced, just not delivered

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The Snip’ is closed to new replies.