Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Running of the Bulls
  • spekkie
    Free Member

Yesterday was the last day of the Festival of San Fermin – The Running of the Bulls in Pamplona.

It’s not something I’ve ever been to but every night on TV we’ve watched people running in front of bulls and every night we’ve seen people getting smashed by said bulls.

I guess its an adrenaline buzz but really?

DezB
    Free Member

every night we’ve seen people getting smashed by said bulls.

Good. Well done bulls.

Nico
    Free Member

Said bulls? Or just “bulls”. We need to know.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s not been the same since Jim Bowen died.

wwaswas

It’s not been the same since Jim Bowen died.

Here’s what you could have won.

v8ninety

I’ve always felt that the Pamplona bull run seemed a bit more evenly matched than your traditional bull fight. I suspect it ends in similar fashion for the bulls though, such bad luck for them that they are so delicious 😋

funkmasterp

Good. Well done bulls.

I agree

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

such bad luck for them that they are so delicious there are enough sensation-seeking (yet non-empathic) utter **** who are enjoy watching innocent, fully sentient creatures forced into a tortuous spectacle and ultimately speared to death in a bizarre ‘macho’ blood-‘ritual’ that has less to do with food but lots to do with tourism, alcohol and thrill-seeking?

Why don’t such ‘thrill-seekers’ go climb a mountain? Go proximity flying or something?  Or is the torture and killing the bigger ‘thrill’?

Fixed.

5lab

I’ve been. It was quite fun, nice atmosphere for the whole weekend (I know that its been sour before), much drinking and merriment. Got this video on my first run, on the next day I got arrested on the run for having a gopro (oops!)

DezB
    Free Member

Shame you didn’t get a big bull horn up yer arse.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’ve been. It was quite fun,

I take it you’re not a bull?

funkmasterp

I’ve been. It was quite fun

Badger baiting this weekend? Cock fighting next Wednesday?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Still my favourite image from the bull run. Had it as my desktop wallpaper for a while. Beautiful, mmmhh absolutely beautiful.

Fone a friend no!

v8ninety

⬆️ You don’t get much of that with badger baiting, more’s the pity!

duckman

Maybe after the running of the bulls a wee trip to see if anybody is chucking donkeys out of any bell towers?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Running of the Bulls’ is closed to new replies.