Home Forums Chat Forum The paddling pics thread 🌊🚣🌊🛶🌊🚣🌊

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 233 total)
  • The paddling pics thread 🌊🚣🌊🛶🌊🚣🌊
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

Sweamrs and sweajnr having an afternoon paddle on Canmore reservoir – Canadian rockies.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Paddlin’ with this muppet

Loch of the Lowes, admitedly this was last year but camera is caput. I’m aware my technique needs a little work for efficiency!

I hope to combine the two @kayak what bouyancy aid is doggo sporting? I’m tempted by a ruffwear obviously but i can imagine her taking one dip in the water and deciding it isn’t for her!

kayak23

@kayak what bouyancy aid is doggo sporting?

Can’t remember exactly but it’s some dog based play on words.
    Outward Hound I think maybe.

Edit. Yes, Outward Hound.
    Came in handy hoiking him out of a Loch recently.

nbt

Cracking day out yesterday – @greybeard and @esme suggested @bunnyhop and I join them for a day out along the Llangollen canal and over the Pontcysyllte and Chirk aqueducts. Bit of car shuttling and a lovely day padding. Hoping to do some more stuff in time, maybe some more open water.

Bunnyhop and me on the Pontcysyllte aqueduct

Greybeard and Esme ahead of Bunnyhop and me on the Pontcysyllte aqueduct, taking the photo above (a still from a video)

Selfie as Greybeard and Esme head towards the Chirk aqueduct

Greybeard and Esme chatting to Bunnyhop as we head towards the Chirk aqueduct

https://www.strava.com/activities/7866121468

kayak23

I wish they allowed paddleboards over that.
    Would be quite exciting standing up by the thin edge 😊

sharkbait
    Free Member

Would be quite exciting standing up by the thin edge 😊

That thought has just made me feel a bit sick!

maycontainnuts

Here’s a few of mine, exploring caves in Falmouth and seeing some seals near Teignmouth.

Been in the water a fair bit this summer.

maycontainnuts

Forgot to put the seal pic on.

matt_outandabout

An early morning beaver and otter hunt on the Earn for us. Lots and lots of evidence, no beasties spotted.
    Once again I’m blown away by how beautiful our local paddling is. I was almost tempted to hoof over to Callander for a shoofle down the Teith to Stirling for the afternoon!

beamers

Paddling destination for the Tattie Hols was Loch Maree. We had planned to camp but couldn’t find anywhere suitable due to the high water level.

So we just had to make do with the stunning weather, sighting 2 White Tailed Eagles at close quarters, building a canoe raft to balance the abilities of the paddlers, sunset dinner and then a paddle by moonlight across the flat calm loch to round the day off.

(Just missed one of the Eagles.)

One of our best days out on the water.

ElShalimo

When paddling goes wrong !

Lucky guy!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63424568

Greybeard
    Free Member

When paddling goes wrong !

There’s something fishy about that story, no evidence of kayaking kit. I would not be surprised if paddling was a made up story to explain how he ended up in the water, and the real reason was something he didn’t want to admit.

jam-bo

Makes no sense at all. Claimed he’d been at sea for 14 days!

Sea temps are 14ish at the moment? Air temps similar, exposure would get him long before that.

Drug smuggler got in a bit of a dispute and dumped on a bouy I reckon.

matt_outandabout

Yep, that’s a right odd story.

ElShalimo

If he’s genuine, hypothermia will affect how you think and recall information.  People often take clothes off with early stage hypothermia as they think they are hot.

It’s all very mad though.

He’s still a Lucky chap

trail_rat
    Free Member

Let’s see if this works this time. It’s an entertaining photo.

Been doing a white water skills course for a couple weeks on the Dee with a local guide.

Had good fun today between riding eddy’s then losing my flow and getting target fixated on rocks…….

Here my nose has been sucked round the back of a rock I got too close too and the board’s been lifted by the flow. :(

Exit for a bath

kayak23

Cool.😊
    Not easy, moving water on a paddleboard

matt_outandabout

Man, a kayak or canoe is hard enough to coordinate on moving water. Standing up = whoaaa!

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s a learning curve that’s for sure.

But I think it’ll be fun. Opens up much longer river trips in the shoulder seasons.

sweepy
    Free Member

packraft
    Solo paddle on the spey

Pyro

Ooh, I’d missed this thread, despite being a paddler!

Back in August, racing on the Itera expedition adventure race, our opening paddle leg was a big ‘un – Iona to Staffa, then to Inchkenneth, then to Mull. A journey I’d always wanted to do, and had always assumed I’d do in a sea kayak rather than a well-laden 2-person SoT in a race!

Tensions were pretty high before the race as it’s not a section you’d fancy in poor conditions, but it was as calm as I could ever have hoped for. Staffa was gobsmacking, and as we crossed to Inchkenneth we had porpoises and a Minke whale nearby – one porpoise surfaced and jumped directly between our team’s two boats, when we were less than 10m apart.

– Approaching Staffa

– Looking back at the sunset as we headed to Mull

malgrey
    Free Member

I really ought to add some photos to this thread, but I never have quite got the hang of posting piccies on this site!

As a test, one from a somewhat chilly paddle yesterday on my local River Wey:

malgrey
    Free Member

It worked! OK, a few from the more interesting of this year’s paddling trips:

Easter, Loch Sionasgaig and surrounding lochs.

malgrey
    Free Member

And some from the Gorges du Tarn in France

matt_outandabout

aaaaaand, Mal is in the building to make us all feel inspired!

😍

malgrey
    Free Member

Well, I’ve actually been on my mountain bike 4 or 5 times this year, so felt I could actually show my face again!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Newest member. Just drifting at this point but did manage stand up paddling. Calling it a success. Few more short intros and will try something longer.

Bruce

I had my kayak sail deployed on Windermere on Friday. Can’t wait to try it out in a stronger wind.

dovebiker

Tobermory

Calgary

A few pics of me and first paddle in my new (to me) sea kayak – Greenland-style kayak and paddle. Living in Tobermory means I’ve got some great paddling literally from my door.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Well I must admit I thought a picture of a SUPpup and some tobermory paddling action combined with some sunny calm days would have kick started the 2023 season updates. Thanks Bruce and Dovebiker for trying

Think she has been bitten by the bug…

matt_outandabout

@dovebiker – there must be some stunning coastal (and inland!) paddles for you on Mull. Wow!

sweepy
    Free Member

packraft on the spey
    from the last cold snap

dovebiker

there must be some stunning coastal (and inland!) paddles for you on Mull. Wow!

Yes, looking forward to spending some more time on the water – lots to re-learn as I haven’t done any sea kayaking since my teens. I have a mate who lives on Ulva, so will get around there for starters. Fidden Farm, Knockvologan and Erraid is another place to try

joshvegas
    Free Member

Sleepy, that’s a furry underpants adventure if ever I saw one. Does your arse not get Baltic?

This year I am building a canoe I shall update here.

matt_outandabout

Sleepy, that’s a furry underpants adventure if ever I saw one

THAT’S what they are for…

sweepy
    Free Member

Does your arse not get Baltic?

I was wearing reed chillcheater, with that and pogies I was comfortable on the water. Did my usual thing of not taking any gloves for once i’m no longer paddling (or cycling) so after packing the boat and carrying it home it took a while to get feeling back in my fingers. I do that every time- never learn :(

robola

Untitled by Rob Allen[/url], on Flickr

robola

Untitled by Rob Allen[/url], on Flickr

joshvegas
    Free Member

Looks nice rob

But can we have a “post a pic tell us where it is” policy in here?

robola

Sorry, lazy of me.

1st is Newark castle near St Monans.

2nd is Ladies Tower near Elie in the distance looking towards Edinburgh in the far distance.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 233 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.