• This topic has 228 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by owenh.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 229 total)
  • The paddling pics thread πŸŒŠπŸš£πŸŒŠπŸ›ΆπŸŒŠπŸš£πŸŒŠ
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah I thought that was the fife coast but only ever walked it so the perspective was throwing me

dovebiker

Ulva Ferry

Went around to Ulva Ferry yesterday for a social paddle with a couple of others – paddled around to few islets and went through a channel in the rocks no wider than my paddle – had to time it with the swell to avoid hitting the bottom. Saw a big raft of eider ducks, but no otter, seal, porpoise or dolphin action.

matt_outandabout

What a great spot for a paddle…I was taken last year by it.

kayak23

Not exactly a Paddling Mecca, but not entirely grim.
    Leam river, Leamington spa
    Harold at the bows.

robola

@dovebiker looks a great spot, must get over to Mull again without elderly father, kids and dog in tow.

What is your kayak, Tahe Greenland?

matt_outandabout

@dovebiker looks a great spot, must get over to Mull again without elderly father, kids and dog in tow.

Indeed – I took 79yr old there last easter, and while wonderful was not as adventurous as usual… We want to come back with bike, boot and bike.

matt_outandabout

Anyone interested in a cheap open boat?

I’ve a 16β€² Novacraft Prospector for sale. It’s ex-hire and has two splits in the inner plastic – but has been like that for 8 years in our care….

Canoe on Loch Voil and Doine

Dumyat and Loch Venachar

Allier Canoe

Which means it’s new boat day for me shortly 😎

davy90
    Free Member

SP3 or Royalex Matt?

matt_outandabout

Sp3

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab hasn’t been well the last couple of months, and is still in pain from shingles.

However, she requested a cuppa today.

So we floated out for one

She’s now asleep, but it was worth it. πŸ‘

moonsaballoon

PXL-20230407-234440923

PXL-20230408-001038721-MP

Good weather clinging on in new Zealand as we head towards winter , soΒ  got the kids out on the lake today.

Those spring sky’s in Scotland look amazing matt .

matt_outandabout

They are – last couple of days have been amazing.

kayak23

Nice little paddle on the local loop.

You start on the river Leam, paddle to the confluence with the river Avon, then up steep steps onto the Aqueduct that carries the Grand Union canal. Up that a few miles until it draws alongside the river Leam, then paddle downstream to the start again.
    Just over 7 miles.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Quick spin with my dad at the helm and the dog. Who started in the middle but demanded to sit up front, after filling the midship with spew, which really isn’t that comfortable

Mister-P
    Free Member

That loop with the aqueduct looks cool. I love an aqueduct. Would it be suitable for a SUP?

tomd
    Free Member

Loch Shieldaig

Had a good first paddle of the year last year. Took the kids on Loch Shieldaig nr Torridon for their first mini sea paddle. Daughter is very fond of otters at the moment and started moaning about 3 minutes in that she hand’t seen one. Right on cue one otter playing about near the boat, followed by a whole squad of Common seals that followed us around getting right up close to the boat. Just to top it off we got a great view of the sea eagle on the return leg. She was blown away by it such a cool and very lucky trip.

For balance we did a 2hr wildlife boat trip later in the week on somewhat rough seas and saw absolutely nothing!

matt_outandabout

Shieldaig is brilliant – did you happen to pick up my nice new Samsung phone which is on the bottom between island and hire place?

@joshvegas
    – the dogs face is classic!

nbt

First outing of the yea for us, as usual we just wheeled the canoe a few hundred yards to the local canal for a quick out and back trip, but this time we did spot of litter picking
    Litter picking paddle

Made it quite hard work for me as I often had to back oars swiftly to pick up something spotted last minute. A good workout.

Bruce

I had a litter experience last week. I was paddling under a bridge on The Bridgewater canal and found some younger teenagers trying to retrieve 6 full black bin bags from the canal. They had seen a car pull up on the bridge and dump the rubbish in the water.

I used my kayak to collect the bags and the kids stacked the rubbish at the back of the towpath. An email to Peel Holdings got the rubish dealt with.

What impressed me was that the kids actually cared about the environment when faced with deliberate fly tipping and actually tried to sort out the situation on their own initiative.

Great see @NBT collecting litter πŸ™‚

joshvegas
    Free Member

She was reasonably happy after she got to sit in her safe place, looking over the gunnels at the bow wave.

matt_outandabout

That is good Bruce….

beamers

Canoe camping trip to Loch Duntelchaig with my son Tom last weekend. It’s our local Loch close to Inverness.

His first time in the back of the boat in charge of the steering.

Home for the night.

View from my sleeping bag (minus my legs of course.)

Sail back to the pick up point.

Quality father / son time.

matt_outandabout

Lovely!

I’m rather excited for a change of boats in 10 days time – I need to get back out and paddle more…

martinb
    Free Member

Paddling a sea kayak with Sealions, dolphins and penguins yesterday afternoon. In the Falklands, it was wonderful to be so close to these animals.

I’ll try and post some pictures or videos

matt_outandabout

It’s NBD.

πŸ˜‰
    New Boat Day that is…

🀩

NBD

NBD

Bruce

Very nice boat, I now have serious boat envy.

matt_outandabout

Aye, it’s a long time coming. I’ve only moved it twice, but soooo nice to pick up Royalex not SP3…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrWaNflouKpDmrWM-tddYqHZvCnaDu197M7psU0/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Ullswater

Last week on Ullswater with my son. Took the Neris. Had a cracking paddle, was raining but no wind so the lake was like silk.

matt_outandabout

^ I think your Instagram page is private?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Ah yes. I’d forgotten that. Got fed up of excessive spam. I’ll have to find somewhere to host the pictures.

matt_outandabout

First paddle on Loch Chon.
    Chuffing cold.
    Great brew up and sausage fry up on one of the islands.

kayak23

Nice little paddle down the Wye for the other half’s birthday.

malgrey
    Free Member

Love the Wye, despite it being relatively popular.

@Matt_outandabout
    , looks immaculate! Nice one P16?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FAzd2TKgfvodV3ZJA

Does this work?

Edit. Nope. I have no idea how to put photos on this site anymore.

matt_outandabout

@malgrey – yep, barely used P16 on Royalex that’s been stored indoors and never used on moving water.

It needs some name stickers removing and properly fitting out.

Came with a trolley, multiple new BA’s, paddles, kneeling mats, third seat….all barely used.

Happy days.

@supersessions9-2
    – you need to put the Google photo link into Labnol and convert to display.

https://www.labnol.org/embed/google/photos/

matt_outandabout

@kayak23 – looks like a great day

kayak23

malgrey
    Free Member

@malgrey – yep, barely used P16 on Royalex that’s been stored indoors and never used on moving water.

It needs some name stickers removing and properly fitting out.

Got a trolley, multiple new BA’s, paddles, kneeling mats, third seat….all barely used.

Happy days.

Excellent.

I’ve seen a P16 on the Ocean, well a sea loch, in a sudden F5. There was an element of Pioneering going on, as the bailer blew away and it was the first time I was genuinely worried for my companions as we headed for safety! So the name could work, sort of!

matt_outandabout

πŸ˜†

I’m hoping for none of that, so the name is going..

joshvegas
    Free Member

Loch chon looks Ike a nice wee explore I have just splashed out on some new sup paddles that convert to to kayak paddles for those days that are a bit blowy or for a change of pace.

Took doggo out on thriepmuir. I have learned a number of things:

A 20kilogram dog on the smaller and narrower board is significantly harder.

When she gets bored she will jump off and abandon me to the Headwind.

Me falling off doesn’t mean she’s going in too just that she will look down on me and the fact all her treats are ruined.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.