Home Forums Chat Forum The one about the Olympic Games 2024

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,000 total)
  • The one about the Olympic Games 2024
  • scuttler

Romanian 8 complete bosses

gs_triumph

@drj

This might help.  Shows race progress.  Not sure how up to date it is.

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/results/cycling-road/men-s-road-race/fnl-000100–

slowoldman

Shreiver, by her own admission, had a slow start.

It did seem quite a long hold before the gate went down.

Both our eights did great jobs this morning.

All quiet on the road race front so far. I’ve got athletics on the telly, RR on Discovery on the computer and also PCS Live Tracker

crazy-legs

Hell of a long day out – personally I reckon it’s about 30-40km too far.

London was 250km.

Caher

Watching the windsurfing and they seem to float above the water. Used to spend 1 week a year in the Canary Islands and was ecstatic if I managed a turn.

jimw
    Free Member

Watching the windsurfing and they seem to float above the water

that’s because they are now foil windsurfers, on the overhead shots you can see the hydrofoil element under the water

Tom-B
    Free Member

Agreed that the RR is too far.

Current options on BBC are dressage or golf **** off!

MoreCashThanDash

At the risk of offending a club mate who is training a new 3 day eventing horse,  dressage is the first event I’ve turned off this week.

fenderextender
    Free Member

Current options on BBC are dressage or golf **** off!

More to the point – archery too.

crazy-legs

I want Julian Alaphilippe to win the RR, just to watch the crowd go absolutely mental!

Plus he’s just a super classy rider anyway.

Houns

I wonder if they have race radio? :eyerollyemoji:

simondbarnes

The decathlon has been interesting. Big changes in the pole vault with 2 out of the top 3 no heighting.

leffeboy

@drj – did you find a good spot to watch then?

crazy-legs

The RR is properly amazing now! And the crowds are insane!

fossy

Glad the last hour or so has come back on iplayer.

BruceWee

Listening to the commentary.

This has to be the first time in history anyone has ever described Paris with the phrase, ‘Reminds me of Glasgow.’

Caher

Must have been a tough ride for me this morning as I’m watching the Olympics road ride and thought I saw a row of can can ladies.

crazy-legs

I’m watching the Olympics road ride and thought I saw a row of can can ladies.

You did – just along from the Moulin Rouge theatre. :-)

fossy

What a last hour.

Ewan
    Free Member

**** me. What an ending! Well deserved!

Caher

Amazing bike change near the end for Evenepoel. Well done that support staffer.

crazy-legs

**** me. What an ending! Well deserved!

That last hour was amazing – the crowds, the drama within the race, the scenery of the city.
    Last day of the Tour needs to be a bit more like that!

onehundredthidiot

I think the 100m and the relays are probably going to be a bit flat in atmosphere compared to the last 24hrs.

butcher

Some ride by Remco, and what an achievement after the TT. He’s really coming into bloom right now.

I want Julian Alaphilippe to win the RR, just to watch the crowd go absolutely mental!

Have to say I got a bit excited to see Alaphilippe in the mix and going on the attack. He’s obviously back in good form. He looked super happy for everyone else at the finish as well though.

Madouas needs a mention as well, I thought he was getting caught. He pulled off a big ride.

thethief

Incredible road race. Was glued to it. I’m now in trouble because I’ve only done one of the jobs I was meant to do today.

piemonster
    Free Member

https://x.com/andy_murray/status/1819115193148100944

Couple of days out of sync but quite funny

DrJ

Turns out watching cycle racing is pretty much a full contact sport. My elbows will never be the same again!!

Remco on rue de Belleville

20240803_RR_M_0088

TiRed

Madouas was an absolute star. When Remco called him to ride on the front, he did try. Then he just held Remco’s wheel (which provides an aero gain for the lead rider too), and then of course he was dropped on the last lap, but everyone was racing for silver and he won it. Kudos to Laporte too, his blocking in the chase group saved that silver for Madouas and he still managed third in the sprint.

Pog would still have won it with a solo break from 75km out though /s

butcher

Pog would still have won it with a solo break from 75km out though /s

Could have been an interesting race between Pog and Remco but I fear he might’ve just rode away with it like you say, as he usually does. Then again he wouldn’t have had WvA working for him.

Caher

Femke Bol has to be one of the most remarkable athletes ever. Incredible.

simondbarnes

I love watching Femke Bol run :-)

onehundredthidiot

Incredible last 400m from Bol. Another 20m and I think team GB&NI could have got silver.

masterdabber
    Free Member

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce apparently not allowed in the stadium… wrong gate or something…  this will cause some major problems

scuttler

Bol was amazing. Women’s 200IM in pool epic finish too.

theotherjonv

+1 Femke Bol. Brilliant to give someone 15m and run them down in that last couple of strides, her face as she realised she was about to win it after the disappointment previously was fab.

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce apparently not allowed in the stadium… wrong gate or something…

Security issue or something. There’s a separate gate for the athletes entering direct from the athletes village I assume because the security is managed in the village. If you stay off village as SAFP has been you cannot use the village gate.

Kryton57

Dina Asher Smith out with one of her worst ever times.  Ouch.   I hopes she’s ok

theotherjonv

Mixed swimming relay. Madness, two women two men but up to you what stroke they each do, so you only know who’s really winning in the last few metres

TiRed

I think it was obvious who was winning from the first length. MMFF was the clear winning strategy. And only the second Olympics with this discipline. Did not make for compelling watching to be honest.

kormoran
    Free Member

For the love of god don’t Google MMFF

theotherjonv

i just heard Femke Bol interviewed. That came as a surprise.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.