Home Forums Chat Forum The one about the Olympic Games 2024

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,000 total)
  • The one about the Olympic Games 2024
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

Top 3 into final lap have a 11 sec lead

inkster
    Free Member

Masterclass.

bensales
    Free Member

That was epic.

Keando

YES Tom – fantastic recovery and ride

olddog

What a race.  Any chance of an appeal from the French for that last move?

Jamze

So cool. So because his tyre was in front, pass legitimate? Crowd a bit upset.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what a race

TiRed

Fabulous overtake. Crowd are not happy!

olddog

So because his tyre was in front, pass legitimate

I’d have thought so…

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Great race and great overtake.  Proper elbows out stuff

Kryton57

Epic racing, I would expect the French to complain but that’s a racing incident, Korestky knew he was coming, he would have sen / heard him.

toby1

Not sure Pidcock will be welcome in France tonight given this crowd! What a race though!

dantsw13

What a move!!!!!

not sure on the rules, but Tom overtook on the dual route and had his wheel in front by the time they rejoined and came together.

Classy booing by the French fans – NOT!!!!

PrinceJohn

Feel a bit for him – but he lost it as soon as the track split.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Amazing pidders. That’s racing!

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah, there was nothing in it – a pure racing incident and surely Korestky will concede that he had been at a massive advantage for much of the race after Pidcock had to change a wheel.

somafunk

What a race.  Any chance of an appeal from the French for that last move?

Baguettes thrown from pram.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Am I right in saying that that was just about the only spot to overtake after the pass thru the tech area? Korestky could’ve perhaps injected some speed going into it to avoid an aggressive overtake

Bunnyhop

Absolutely nailbitingly fabulous. So pleased for Pidders.

The horse prancing has gone well today.

Jamze

I’d have thought so…

Kinda felt like sending it up the inside in F1, but I guess there were two alternate routes and Koretzky should have been covering that.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

it was a fair move, and a great move. He lined him up, drifted his rear tyre mid-kink to square it up and was away. Koretsky had nothing left, so basically say up for silver. Great ride Tom.

Bunnyhop

Charlie Aldridge looked as though he’d been down. Good ride from him too.

DanW
    Free Member

I personally think that was a naughty move from Pidcock as he knew full well he was going to go in to the side of Koretzky and gambled on coming out of the tangle best. He’s done way worse week in week out so no surprise and ultimately he was prepared to take the extra risk so comes away Olympic champion

blackhat
    Free Member

What a race – not just the final twist but the comeback and final lap.  Epic sport.

inkster
    Free Member

I think they create dual routes like that to encourage naughty moves like that. Proper racing, proper drama, probably exactly the outcome the course designers were hoping for.

razorrazoo

Just rewatched the move a few times pausing at the points before and after contact.  Pidcock hits the inside line accelerates and holds it, Koretzky shifts his line left to close the door as the lines converge far too late, Pidcock has nowhere else to go and just held his line, absolutely no issue with that overtake.

kelvin

Such a good move. Proper race today.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Simply awesome, heart rate was through the roof watching that.

The tv footage didnt capture it but when Koretzky attacked and had the gap late on then next thing you see is Pidock on the front again it was due to this

https://x.com/YntoTheRide/status/1817922512035917834

DanW
    Free Member

If you watch again, both front wheels were level then Pidcock locked his back wheel to shorten his route, edge slightly in front and jut in to the side of Koretzky in the process. He was fully expecting contact and went full commit to edge in front by any means necessary. I’m not saying you can’t do it, but it was an all or nothing move in typical Pidcock style and it’s won him a gold medal. No-one deserves to be booed over the line

toby1

it was due to this

Got to feel for him, leading for so long then that late pressure, knowing you are a good sprinter and your main rival has had to close a 40 second gap, he must have thought he was on the top step!

PrinceJohn

I personally think that was a naughty move from Pidcock as he knew full well he was going to go in to the side of Koretzky and gambled on coming out of the tangle best. He’s done way worse week in week out so no surprise and ultimately he was prepared to take the extra risk so comes away Olympic champion

Hi emerged a wheels length in front & had no where to go, all or nothing racing makes for great TV

inkster
    Free Member

No complaints from the French rider, he sees it as part of racing.

Props to him really, he helped make it a cracking race, think he was just cooked at the end.

natrix
    Free Member

it was due to this

Thanks for posting that, I did wonder what had happened…………

big_scot_nanny

F’ing amazing from Tom, to pull off the move yes, but also to come back from the deficit due to puncture. Amazing.

Didn’t he have a similar move to win at the World Champs in Glasgow last year?

toby1

Props to him really, he helped make it a cracking race, think he was just cooked at the end.

Yep, he rode a fantastic race, I was gutted for him while also cheering Tom on!

butcher

It was one of those races where it feels unfair there can only be one winner.

didnthurt

Great final laps, Pidcock went all in on that move, I doubt he’d had done that if this was his sole target for the last 4 years.

Best bit for me was Evie Richards cheering Tom on whilst running alongside him. Shame she wasn’t 100% for her race.

dantsw13

That footage ^^^^ shows how the French rider was right on the edge. I think he knows that’s where he lost the race rather than Toms late move.

susepic

I personally think that was a naughty move from Pidcock as he knew full well he was going to go in to the side of Koretzky

Actually looks like Koretzky comes across and bumps TP….

https://x.com/TeamGB/status/1817927139175416050

Twodogs

Yeah I’d say if anyone was “at fault” then it was Koretzky who came across …which is maybe just the way the track directs you, but Pidcock went straight.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.