Home Forums Chat Forum The one about the Olympic Games 2024

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,000 total)
  • The one about the Olympic Games 2024
  • johnners
    Free Member

How long are you planning to watch the archery for? Mens is tomorrow.

Until about 5 minutes ago!

Cut me a but of slack here, I was a bit confused – there’s a lot on!

gs_triumph

@Jamez

I subscribed via Amazon Prime TV app which means I can access it via the prime app on my smart telly.

I can only watch the two eurosport channels.  The other coverage I can only watch on phone app.

It’s an old telly.

retrorick

The trick skateboarding competition is good fun to watch.

It’s there an age limit? Or is it too dangerous for adults to take part in?!

butcher

It’s there an age limit? Or is it too dangerous for adults to take part in?!

Don’t think so, there’s a 50 year old in the park event next week.

Street is a bit harder on the body, but there’s definitely people out there pushing the limits still well into their 40s.

The young kids are so good now though. It’s a new generation. Women’s skateboarding being at the level it is now is something entirely new.

Kryton57

Anyone know how I can view the women’s MTB after the event?  Seems not to be on iplayer and behind a discovery+ paywall???

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why is Archery such a thing in S Korea?

StuF

@kryton57 it’s on as part of today’s bbc1 afternoon coverage, from about the start

Jamze

@Jamez

I subscribed via Amazon Prime TV app

Ah, missed that. Too late, did it via the website and you can’t link that back into Prime it seems. No worries, I can cast.

DickBarton

Does that make you James Acaster? (Probably missing a comma but I’m trying here!)

Kryton57

Got it, thanks StuF

snotrag

Just watched the whole women’s Race on Discovery plus. Good race, incredible for PFP to actually pull off the big plan in the style. Evie did great too, finished fast.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Andy Murray doing Andy Murray things.

theotherjonv

It’s only a first round match, FGS!! There was a speck or two of clay dust in the air, I must admit

God forbid he actually gets anywhere in the tournament.

Fueled
    Free Member

Lovely to see Andy Murray jumping about with joy, even if it is only round 1, definite clip for the montage reel there.

Kuco

Seems Puck Peiterse protested against Haley Batten for blasting through the feed zone. Haley Batten was fined 500 Swiss Franc for breaking the rules of the feed zone.

Don’t think she be to bothered with the fine compared to a silver Olympic medal.

thethief

Yeah, Jenny Rissveds didn’t bother putting a protest in. She knew she was beaten by a faster rider. She also called in Batten’s puncture to her mechanics so they knew it was coming. She then gave PFP a massive hug on the podium when PFP was losing it. Overall Rissveds seems like a bloody lovely human.

theotherjonv

I hope BBC stops making these tribute videos to show before finals. Every man jack, his mum, his wife’s friend’s nephew, all on video saying how proud they are of Uncle Adam.

Last one before this one was everyone’s PE teacher or boys team manager from the England football team, and look how that turned out. Just stop **** doing it. It’s doubly shit when they then go on to lose.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I too enjoyed the women’s xc, didn’t expect to as I’m not an xc guy. The winning margin was huge!

The course looks pretty good to me, not sure what pidders is on about. Although there is a long gravelly slightly uphill straight

doris5000
    Free Member

Yeah I hate those too. Proper cringey.

The commentator just said that Adam Peaty “is the greatest breaststroker of all time”. That’s quite an achievement, besides all the swimming and that

bensales
    Free Member

Pidcock going for it on lap 3 in the MTB.

anagallis_arvensis

Looked more.like a simple raising of the pace rather than his usual shock and awe!  BBC turned it off to blather about horse dancing again!

bensales
    Free Member

Bugger, puncture. 30 odd seconds down now.

Kryton57

BBC turned it off to blather about horse dancing again!

With barely a “it’s in channel X” Bye.

Wasted a good few mins listening to Adam Peatys life story again trying to find the live stream.

nbt

iPlayer’s gone down for me! grrrr

bensales
    Free Member

Aldridge sitting in 5th 20 seconds down, Pidcock 6th, 34 seconds down. French fella leading with a 10 second gap over second.

bensales
    Free Member

Gap holding. Unlikely he’ll pull this back.

whyterider93
    Free Member

Reckon that Tom will get 2nd at best here.
    Great ride so far by Charlie Aldridge

bensales
    Free Member

Pidcock collected the bronze medal group, so there may still be a medal in it. Aldridge also in that group. Group is sitting 40ish seconds behind the lead, second is 14 seconds behind lead.

Bunnyhop

Ineos riders (except PFP)  seem to be suffering from punctures  (Josh Tarling as well as Pidders), arrgghh.

pdw
    Free Member

Very surprised they’re not allowed spare bikes. Both events have now had medal places lost due to punctures.

bensales
    Free Member

Pidcock back in 3rd and trying to make a break to go after 2nd who is now 24 seconds down on 1st. 11 seconds back to Pidcock.

3 laps to go.

Kryton57

I’m not Pidcock biggest fan, but if he were to win this it’d be pretty heroic.

bensales
    Free Member

Pidcock’s caught 2nd, gone straight past and nailing it up the hill to try and break him. 17 seconds down on lead, 2 laps to go.

whyterider93
    Free Member

I’m going to revise my earlier statement. I think it might be on for Tom.
    Great race to watch

bensales
    Free Member

Annoyingly I’ve got a meeting at 2:30 which will be halfway through the last lap

IHN

I think young Tom has the bit between his teeth now.

bensales
    Free Member

8 second gap to 1st. They can see him now.

inkster
    Free Member

This is awesome stuff

bensales
    Free Member

Caught him!

Daffy

UPDATE ME!   I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.