Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The Old World – Red Bull TV
  • DezB
    Free Member

Says its only available for 48 hours, so I’d recommend getting on there watching it. Some stunning photography. And some Rach from the eco-vandal family.
    (And some whizzy drones for people to complain about.)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Eco vandal lol 😅

yoshimi

Other than Chris Akrigg I thought it was dull – and that guy between segments developing photos…what was that all about

Disappointed

colournoise

Not quite finished it yet, but yeah the photography linking stuff is a tad pretentious.

But, the first scandi riding section had great cinematography, I quite liked the editing and style on the French BMX bit, and Akrigg was just pure class (except for his cheesy voiceover at the start of his sgement).

colournoise

Eco vandal lol

Again, best not mention what those pesky Swedes did to that pristine mountain top in Norway… Shhh.

colp

@yoshimi

My thoughts exactly Danny

bri-72

Akrigg bit worth a watch. The whole
    Concept and linking parts a bit too arty and pointless for me. Street/bmx stuff not really my thing.

Clearly a big budget project, but I thought a lot of the amateur stuff you get off YouTube as good if not better. I’d rather watch a Nate Hills vid than some of this. So a bit disappointed.

reeksy

Yeah, I sat the whole family down to watch it…
    …”Dad, are you sure this is mtb?”

Definitely seen better, but the Tillman Bros may be in danger of disappearing up their own butts.

mashr

Please tell me there’s some deep and meaningful inspirational guff thrown in too?!

colournoise

You won’t be disappointed if that’s what you’re after.

mashr

YES! Finally something to follow up Life Cycles!

Gribs

It’s very well shot and I enjoyed the Atherton and Akrigg bits but the tone felt odd. It seemed to be trying to be very 2020/woke but then has Atherton standing around in her underwear.

sharkattack

I’m not watching it unless I can see someone putting on their goggles at the ‘trailhead’ in 240fps slo-mo.

Also is there a bit where a crackly voice comes over the walky talky, saying something like “Droppin”? I like those bits.

Atherton standing around in her underwear

Actually nah, I think that’s earned it a swerve.

stevextc
    Free Member

Concept and linking parts a bit too arty and pointless for me.

Completely missed the point of the bloke with the shit bike and Leica

Street/bmx stuff not really my thing.

Not my thing but pretty cool all the same… unlike the bloke on the shit bike.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

5 minutes in and thinking… what the…?

I can’t be the only one thinking this is a bit naff?

Clearly, after reading this thread… I’m not.

How many minutes in for Rach in underwear? Just so I know so that I can skip to avoid that bit?

Trimix
    Free Member

Well I shall watch it. Ive just finished washing the mud of two bikes after a fun but freezing mtb ride in the Chilterns. The fire is lit and a beer is ready – so I dont care if the reviews are mixed. Ive nothing better to do.

Gribs

How many minutes in for Rach in underwear? Just so I know so that I can skip to avoid that bit?

About 30 mins in. Her riding is good and Akrigg is just after. The point of focusing on her body is her scars as she talks about injuries but it feels out of place with the rest.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, the linking bits were pretty bad, but it’s for Americans who don’t know what Yurp is like.
    Really, no-one appreciated the BMX segment? That’s what made me recommend it, the scenery, architecture etc, of Poland, I thought that was great. Actually got distracted during Akrigg’s bit (those whizzy drones!).
    The heavy rock soundtrack was awful during the Alps segment, but man that guy’s riding was amazing.

Each to their own/everyone’s a critic/I’d rather watch that film on a constant loop than 1 minute of I’m a celebtwat/etc.
    [edit]people going on about Rach’s frillies says more about them than the film imo. Can’t say I even noticed she was in her underwear any more than I got boner over the hole in the jumpy fellas back. etc.

kerley
    Free Member

but I thought a lot of the amateur stuff you get off YouTube as good if not better

Agree, although it doesn’t have some bloke with a film Leica being all deep in thought.

squirrelking
    Free Member

YES! Finally something to follow up Life Cycles!

Not watched it but from everything said that’s exactly what sprung to mind. Although not so big on the enthusiasm.

chrismac

Found it a bit dull. As already said the storyline was very weak. Whilst I can admire the skill of all the jumpy flippy spiny trick stuff it leaves me cold. Do none of the riders actually ride natural singletrack anymore or its it that tricks are easy to film as its all in one place and groomed to within an inch of its life? The final cringe fest was the endless slo mo product placement shots. At one point I thought it has jumped to a youtube advert break

stevextc
    Free Member

Really, no-one appreciated the BMX segment? That’s what made me recommend it, the scenery, architecture etc, of Poland, I thought that was great.

I did even though it’s not my thing. Same with the Berlin/Paris BMX.

Do none of the riders actually ride natural singletrack anymore or its it that tricks are easy to film as its all in one place and groomed to within an inch of its life?

Feel free to go and check out the triple blacks at Dyfi. Rachel makes them look far less savage than they are.

Trimix
    Free Member

OK, most of it was disappointing. Save yourself the trouble and just watch the Akrig bit, here:Quality

mashr

She’s in her sports undies for about 5 seconds so you can see her scars. The comments here are just the weird hand wringing stuff

Not watched it but from everything said that’s exactly what sprung to mind. Although not so big on the enthusiasm.

The enthusiasm may not be entirely genuine

P20

Watching the first half or so and fast forwarded to Rachel and Chris. Overall not that fussed by it

kerley
    Free Member

Really, no-one appreciated the BMX segment?

Subscribe to something like DIG BMX Official on YouTube and you will get that level of BMX every day or so without the pretentious crap surrounding it

Big-Bud
    Free Member

I watched it and thought the riding was outstanding but the concept and storyline were just wasted on me and found it took away from the actual film.
    I can imagine us fans sitting not fans down to watch it feeling a little miffed

squirrelking
    Free Member

Subscribe to something like DIG BMX Official on YouTube and you will get that level of BMX every day or so without the pretentious crap surrounding it

They have an excellent app as well. There was a good video on there a while back, ‘Warsaw Rising’.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The Old World – Red Bull TV’ is closed to new replies.