• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by wzzzz.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The ‘new’ Marin UK, anyone carry it?
  • canopy
    Free Member

Anyone know if there’s a site? I just discovered that as of earlier this year Marin in the UK is now no longer with paligap and is its own seemingly faceless entity. (linked to polygon & fsa based on companies house info – but with some staff still based in the South West ish).

I had previously ordered a dropout (mech) hanger ‘no. 40’ via paligaps site as all retailers had it on pre or back-order – now I want to buy a spare I can’t find anywhere claiming to have one in stock and theres no direct way to get one anymore. It’s also likely any claiming pre-order abilities were through paligap and not updated their site / aren’t linked to this new distributor. can’t find an aftermarket solution either.

anyone run/work for a shop that carries this new distro and has stock? or have a link to a site for this uk distro?

canopy
    Free Member

(shot an email to their UK enq email address found on https://paligap.cc/2019/02/08/paligap-marin-mountain-bikes-to-open-uk-subsidiary/ )

lets see..

cokie

Joe’s Bikes is a stockist.
    Really nice guys, so might be worth giving them a call.

canopy
    Free Member

Cheers.

Marin UK got back to me quick – they’ve got something or other they can do (and a different solution coming for the future)

canopy
    Free Member

Sadly Marin UK have gone silent on me now.. not sure if they guys off or something..

I’ve messaged Joes Bikes to see if they can get one via the trade system or whatever.

Lucky I’m not in a rush for one!

benpinnick

Theyre all off riding in Peebles I expect. pretty much the whole UK operation was there for 4 days over the Tweedlove fest.

canopy
    Free Member

..and… still not got one… have one on order from Winstanleys which keeps having its estimates bumped out.. tried the LBS marin uk recommended, they basically couldnt be arsed. good job my bike isnt out of action due to this!

hey ho… just ordered a 2020 santa cruz chameleon frame rather than the marin HT i was thinking of building to match my full susser.. at least i know i’ll be able to get spares in the future!

tthew

If you can’t get one direct from them, I don’t suppose the shops will have any better luck, they’re not likely to have a different source.

Have you tried BETD? 19 styles of marin hanger available here.

canopy
    Free Member

yup been through the lot.

and tried polygon too because the same hanger is used on their models. (as polygon own marin – certain frames look very similar)

for ref: its marin (or polygon) through axle hanger #40

kimbers

@canopy

have you tried Swinley Bike Hub, I belive they sell Marins & should be able to help

canopy
    Free Member

I tried Haldon Forest bike hire when I was tehre as they have lots of Marins.. but the didnt have any..

I’m at work I need to order online, I can’t make calls easily during the day!

kimbers

if you can do facebook, contact them on messenger

daern
    Free Member

Yorkshire Cycle Hub stock Marins:
    http://www.yorkshirecyclehub.co.uk/on-site/bike-shop

Email – hello@yorkshirecyclehub.co.uk

DezB
    Free Member

Tried eBay?

kula72
    Free Member

Marin got back to me in 24 hours looking for spares this week. I have to go via a dealer but they offered to contact them with part no.s etc to get stuff ordered.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Try Lee at https://otec.bike/

He has them in store and to hire. I bought an ex-demo B17 off him.

canopy
    Free Member

Yes tried eBay.

All these places may sell Marin but are they set up to sell to me? And do they have STOCK??

Kula72. Which parts? And you’ve not finished yet. My order is supposedly in the Marin uk via winstanleys and keeps getting bumped out.

kula72
    Free Member

Was rear axle and rubber frame grommets for rift zone. Axle sorted with alternative and grommets are in stock.

I wish they’d just go direct sales though.

matt_outandabout

I’m now looking for a no.40 mech hanger… I’ve emailed a local Marin dealer, let’s see what they come up with…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have a golden rule when buying a new bike or frame – always buy a spare hanger. If they can’t supply one for a brand new bike, you’ll be buggered a few years down the line. It has the added benefit of sods law, in that if you have a spare, you’ll never need it. Last three frames I sold, I chucked in a spare hanger with each as it was no longer any use to me.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Again, try OTEC.bike I got a hanger not long ago off Lee, he posted it out to me.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I originally bought on of those from bike aider on ebay for my 2018 b17

It didn’t quite fit! It didn’t sit flat with the axle installed. It would sit flat without the axle but then you couldn’t get the axle in!

Sent it back for a refund, they wouldn’t agree that it wouldn’t fit, they said they sent thousands out without complaint. Well it didn’t fit….got a refund eventually.

I then ordered a genuine Marin one from Lee at Otec.bike and that fitted perfectly.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The ‘new’ Marin UK, anyone carry it?’ is closed to new replies.