• This topic has 55 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The Lakes – Climb every mountain..2.0
  • richardkennerley

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>flyingmonkeycorps
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I would bloody love to live in the Lakes, but let’s be honest pretty much anything is better than an evening ride on the East Yorkshire Wolds

</div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    I live Blackpool……

I can see the lakes from the window when I’m at work, Just to rub salt in

richardkennerley

I did a preview of that and it worked fine!

lowey

I follow some of the Keswick lot on Strava. The rides from the door they do just have me on my knees with jealousy.

jekkyl

Should we all chip in a couple of grand and see if we can buy a shed in the area for community use 😆

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

If I was going to do two of the blencathra descents and go up the third which are the best descents?

So for instance, up from Blease Fell, down Doddick then back up either the Scales fell or the one past Scales tarn then down whichever one I didn’t go up. Which out of the last two is the better descent? Scales Tarn one looks steeper at the top.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I wasn’t that impressed with the further descent North of Scales Tarn. It’s a few years since I’ve done it mind you. Memory is poor though. It’s an age thing.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

and whilst we’re in the best bit of the Lakes…. Has anybody done Hope Gill from Hope Gill Head ?

lowey

“and whilst we’re in the best bit of the Lakes…. Has anybody done Hope Gill from Hope Gill Head ?”

I’ve carried up it and it looks good. Last time I was up there I carried on along Gasgale crags to Whiteside (techy ridgeline) and then dropped right along some nice singletrack to Dodd, then into Hope Gill. The singletrack from the Sheepfold in Hope Gill to the road at Hope Beck, whilst not techy, is just sublime.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/S1fDn1]20170326_135536[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

flyingmonkeycorps

Every picture you post I want to ride.

I just need to live closer than 3.5 hours from the Lakes then I could start ticking stuff off! As it is it’s a weekend job which limits things a bit.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Cheers Lowey, I feel a route coming together….

From Crummock; up Whiteside/Gasgale crags; Hopegill Head; Down Hope Gill; Up Ladyside Pike; Coledale Hause; Grasmore; down Lad Hows (1600m/17.5km at this point).

Then if still time left, up Rannerdale/Squat Beck; down Low Bank/Rannerdale Knotts (extra 300m/5km)

TomB

A good descent off blencathra is north past sharp edge and foule crag, then back along the northeast side of the glenderamackin beck, cross the beck and climb up to the top of mousethwaite Combe and down the main path to scales. Lots of grin, not too much possibility of death. Easily done in a 3 hour evening from Keswick with the climb up via blease fell.

lowey

“Grasmore; down Lad Hows ”

Never done it. Let me know how you get on, but thats proper “Mr Steep”.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Lad Hows is fine Lowey – it’s very similar to Whiteless; a bit easier.

thekettle
    Free Member

*Furtively making ‘to ride’ lists*

boxelder

Can someone come up with a route?  Or at least a list of the ones that are rideable.

http://lakelandlugger150.blogspot.co.uk – an old page of Richpips, with GPX on the right hand side somewhere.

Though a couple of the tops around Ennerdale are best avoided (and the BW’s don’t reach the summits anyway). Black Combe in the south west adds a fair distance, but has some great riding.

lowey

“Lad Hows is fine Lowey”

**adds to the list**

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘The Lakes – Climb every mountain..2.0’ is closed to new replies.