Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The lady from Roxette
  • redmex
    Free Member

Sad to read, I can’t say I was fussed about their music but did fancy the pants off her and would never have believed she was 3 years older than me

bikebouy
    Free Member

Oh, sad…. My Ex GF will be really upset at this news. She travelled to nearly every concert they performed…

scotroutes

6 months older than me. Prince, Michael Jackson and Madonna all just a few weeks younger than her too.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news 61 is no age at all, Roxette mad classic 80’s pop.

Cougar

Oh, what a shame. I’d no idea she was ill even. I’ve always been a bit of a sucker for a female power-pop vocalist, Look Sharp is a great album.

DrJ

Also solo performer ..

dusty in here.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Played “Look Sharp!” a lot when it came out ~1990, she had a great voice. Had no idea Marie had been suffering with cancer on and off for most of this century, rip.

footflaps

Very sad. Love a bit of Roxette.

convert

Just read that. A real shame. Spotify has had me listening to more of her (their) music in the last year than I have in the last 25.

As a late teen it was a toss up (words chosen with care) between Marie Fredriksson and Wendy James.

Off to listen to Joyride now.

bombjack
    Free Member

Still listen to Roxette in a non-ironic way when I need a bit of a power ballad.
    She was one of the highlights of my teenage (AND if I’m honest even my mid-30s) dreams.
    Sad day.

rone

Era defining stuff – Roxette. Remember the “Joyride” fuss? Bonkers.

Did like them. Remember driving my Renault 5 Turbo to Alton Towers with Joyride on the tape.

I knew she’d been ill. Very Sad for sure.

handybar
    Free Member

sad news

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The lady from Roxette’ is closed to new replies.