Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • The guys who dragged the heckler out have been charged
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If any of my relatives were a nonce,

He’s not a nonce, a nonce is a paedophile, ie, had sex with an underaged person.
    I doubt if he’ll have stooped to nonciness.

andy4d

@CSB. If they shouted ‘God save the king’ at an IRA funeral in Northern Ireland they may well get charged. It all depends on the situation.

configuration
    Free Member

Semantics surely? A man in his 40s (at the time), hanging around with a pair of dodgy sex trafficking scumbags known for procuring very young women; all a bit noncey if you ask me. Nasty bastard.

ransos
    Free Member

He’s not a nonce, a nonce is a paedophile, ie, had sex with an underaged person.

That’s not the definition of a paedophile.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s like the STW highlights all rolled into one thread

funkmasterp

Something, something sweat and pizza express Woking.

LAT

If I randomly rocked up at the funeral of one of your loved ones, and started shouting abuse at you or your family would you a: call the police, b: knock the living crap out of me, or c: ignore me as I’ve done nothing wrong?

this 👇

If any of my relatives were a nonce, I would tell them to keep the **** away from the funeral, I wouldm’t invite them to cosplay on the funeral cortège.

though for nonce i’d have said, publicly disgraced sexual predator

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

In 16 years of working in the prison service, if a con was a nonce then he’d had sex with an underaged person. Maybe none of the cons I worked amongst knew what they were talking about.
    Sexual predator yes, nonce no. Both bad.

jca

I frequently work with nonces*, but you have to make sure you only use them once…

* in a cryptographic sense…

Cougar

A paedophile (or nonce if you like) is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescents. As far as I know, Ms Guiffre was 17 when Andrew got his paws on her. This isn’t arguing “semantics” or “technicalities,” it’s flat out incorrect.

And I appreciate that whoever it was who was LOLing on the previous page probably thinks I’m jumping to Andrew’s defence. Nothing could be further from the truth, the man’s a sleaze and he likely should be in jail. But by screaming “nonce!” every time the wind changes direction we dilute what the word means, it’s crying wolf. It’s the sort of wooly thinking that leads to angry mobs throwing petrol bombs at pediatricians.

kevog
    Free Member

Giuffre could have refused the reported £12m payoff, of course.

You have to wonder why she was so reluctant to go to the police…

Cougar

Many victims are.

oldtennisshoes

On second thoughts.

ransos
    Free Member

A paedophile (or nonce if you like) is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescents. As far as I know, Ms Guiffre was 17 when Andrew got his paws on her. This isn’t arguing “semantics” or “technicalities,” it’s flat out incorrect.

A nonce may or may not be a paedophile. There is no suggestion that he’s a paedophile, but there is a strong suggestion that he’s a nonce.

In 16 years of working in the prison service, if a con was a nonce then he’d had sex with an underaged person

Which doesn’t necessarily make them a paedophile, contrary to what you said.

Watty

So to summarise:
    The Andrew formerly known as Prince may or may not be a paedophile depending on your definition. Whatever it is he may or may not have done(*) it’s stripped him of his royalness and cost someone a lot of money to keep his accuser quiet.
    The lad who heckled him was either an ‘idiot screaming to get attention’ or someone whose actions should be applauded because of(*). He may or may not of broken a law.
    ‘The two men, both aged 34, have been arrested and charged in connection with assault’(BBC) have been arrested and charged with assault. They may or may not be prosecuted.
    Does that pretty much cover it, or would you like to get your pedantacles(tm) into it a bit more Cougar?
    Edit. A paedophile may or may not be defined as a nonce (according to someone!) I can’t keep up!

squirrelking
    Free Member

A nonce may or may not be a paedophile.

What? According to you and who else?

jonnyboi

Jesus, you lot could have someone drowning in front of you, and instead you’d argue over whether it was a life preserver, life ring or life buoy you were supposed to chuck at ’em.

Olly
    Free Member

i was amazed he kept it to “sick old man

Nonce” is so much easier and more staisfying on the tongue (whether its true or not)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Jesus, you lot could have someone drowning in front of you, and instead you’d argue over whether it was a life preserver, life ring or life buoy you were supposed to chuck at ’em.

Not really, it’s more an argument over whether it’s a buoyancy aid or a turnip.

Just because you say it’s true doesn’t mean it actually is, unless we’ve suddenly decided trial by public opinion is the new standard.

A man in his 40s (at the time), hanging around with a pair of dodgy sex trafficking scumbags known for procuring very young women; all a bit noncey if you ask me.

See above. Didn’t realise guilt could be established just by association.

I must be living in some airy fairy dreamland where guilt was established with evidence and criminal charges rather than just public opinion. Seems the other way is a massive time saver. Why did mob rule never catch on? 🧐

gurnster75
    Free Member

He’s had his 15 minutes of fame (the heckler).
    There is a time and place, I’m sure if he’d done this at any funeral around the country he would have taken a good beating and rightly so.

From what I’ve seen he was dragged to the floor, not sure it amounts to assault or GBH etc.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘The guys who dragged the heckler out have been charged’ is closed to new replies.